977 users online (166 members and 811 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 245
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    551

    AR - Jeremy Travis, 27, stabbed to death, Fort Smith, 11 Sept 2010

    http://www.4029tv.com/news/24970686/detail.html

    this is my first try at posting a link so i hope it works. this young man died a violent death that he did not deserve. there is more to this story and i hope it comes out.
    Last edited by Salem; 06-23-2011 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Update title
    "Love one another. As I have loved you, love one another." Jesus

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    27,332
    Please keep us updated.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,164
    Weird. 40/29 says that LE chased the suspect to a bluff where he jumped off, and then they caught him.

    Channel 5 says the POI (Walter Walton) was caught in Oklahoma. Maybe he ran across the state line, since Fort Smith is on the border.
    http://www.kfsm.com/news/kfsm-news-r...,6974823.story

    Sounds like they were friends. I wonder what happened.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    The latest update is from an hour or so ago and nothing at all new released.

    All these young men dying like this.

    Granny you did right the way you posted. Thank you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,577
    So as he was knocking on doors was the POI still following him? I doubt he could have run too long, or to multiple houses after being stabbed in the heart. The details of this one will be hard to swallow!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    551
    http://swtimes.com/news/article_e2dc...cc4c03286.html

    my best understanding is that walter walton and jeremy travis and possibly somebody else who hasnt been named yet were out partying in fort smith on friday night. jeremy lived just down the hill from where he ended up. apparently they went to drop jeremy off at his apt. when the fight started, but i believe walter walton intended all along to do harm to jeremy that night. i really cant say much yet, i didnt know jeremy, i only spoke to him on the phone. i know walter walton tho and it was no surprise to me when we woke up to this on saturday morning. please keep jeremy's family in your prayers. i dont know them either, but my heart is breaking for them. as soon as i can i will tell why, in my heart, jeremy travis is a hero.
    walter lives in okla. in a rural area outside of muldrow. that is where he was when the police found him and he tried to flee on foot and ended up jumping off the bluff into the creek where they caught him.
    Last edited by nanny2five; 09-14-2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: add link to times record
    "Love one another. As I have loved you, love one another." Jesus

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    So as he was knocking on doors was the POI still following him? I doubt he could have run too long, or to multiple houses after being stabbed in the heart. The details of this one will be hard to swallow!
    right sunnie, i dont think he ran with a stab wound to the heart. i think he ran with other stab wounds and the fatal one was administered at the end of the chase. on channel 5news out of fort smith, they said that witnesses saw two people attacking jeremy. i met with det. jeff carter and he did not confirm that to me, but there would likely have been somebody else with walter because he didnt own a car and imo somebody had to drive him into fort smith and then back out to muldrow.
    "Love one another. As I have loved you, love one another." Jesus

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    551

    more info

    http://swtimes.com/news/article_3704...cc4c03286.html
    snipped "According to an affidavit for an arrest warrant related to Travis' death, Walton and Travis had an argument in the 2003 block of Dallas concerning Walton's ex-girlfriend, when Travis fled and Walton gave chase.

    The men ended up in the yard of a residence in the 2100 block of Carthage, where witnesses told police they saw Walton repeatedly strike Travis, before Walton got in a vehicle with his brother, Dustin Wallen, and left the scene."

    bbm: now i will tell you why, in my heart, jeremy travis was a hero. the ex-girlfriend that the fight was over was my daughter. it was not a love triangle or anything like that. jeremy was friends with both my daughter and walter. jeremy became convinced that my daughter was in danger if she stayed with walter, something we all knew the whole time she was with him. we tried to get her away from him. she left him a few times but walter always talked her into going back. i had a year and a half worth of sleepless nights, especially if i couldnt get her on the phone. i knew what kind of person walter was, and i was terribly afraid for my daughter. finally, jeremy talked to me and my other daughter (blubuni99 to webslueths) on the phone and told us that in his opinion she was in danger. he was the one who talked her into leaving for good. he was the one who helped her pack her stuff and get out and he kept her safe until we could get there to bring her to us. that was about a month ago. the paper said the police found jeremy stabbed shortly after midnight on friday night. at 12:07 friday night walter phoned my daughter and told her what he had done to jeremy.
    i dont know what kind of person jeremy was because i didnt know him, but in my heart he saved my daughters life and my heart is broken over what happened to him. he knew walter was dangerous to my daughter, but he apparently didnt feel that walter was dangerous to him. please keep his family in your prayers.
    Last edited by nanny2five; 09-16-2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason: remove name
    "Love one another. As I have loved you, love one another." Jesus

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by nanny2five View Post
    http://swtimes.com/news/article_3704...cc4c03286.html
    snipped "According to an affidavit for an arrest warrant related to Travis' death, Walton and Travis had an argument in the 2003 block of Dallas concerning Walton's ex-girlfriend, when Travis fled and Walton gave chase.

    The men ended up in the yard of a residence in the 2100 block of Carthage, where witnesses told police they saw Walton repeatedly strike Travis, before Walton got in a vehicle with his brother, Dustin Wallen, and left the scene."

    bbm: now i will tell you why, in my heart, jeremy travis was a hero. the ex-girlfriend that the fight was over was my daughter. it was not a love triangle or anything like that. jeremy was friends with both my daughter and walter. jeremy became convinced that my daughter was in danger if she stayed with walter, something we all knew the whole time she was with him. we tried to get her away from him. she left him a few times but walter always talked her into going back. i had a year and a half worth of sleepless nights, especially if i couldnt get her on the phone. i knew what kind of person walter was, and i was terribly afraid for my daughter. finally, jeremy talked to me and my other daughter on the phone and told us that in his opinion she was in danger. he was the one who talked her into leaving for good. he was the one who helped her pack her stuff and get out and he kept her safe until we could get there to bring her to us. that was about a month ago. the paper said the police found jeremy stabbed shortly after midnight on friday night. at 12:07 friday night walter phoned my daughter and told her what he had done to jeremy.
    i dont know what kind of person jeremy was because i didnt know him, but in my heart he saved my daughters life and my heart is broken over what happened to him. he knew walter was dangerous to ___, but he apparently didnt feel that walter was dangerous to him. please keep his family in your prayers.
    We posted at the same time.
    AND in the news story, it says they are considering pressing charges on other people -- I hope Dustin Wallen gets his too.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    85

    Exclamation Jeremy Lee Travis

    Quote Originally Posted by nanny2five View Post
    http://www.4029tv.com/news/24970686/detail.html

    this is my first try at posting a link so i hope it works. this young man died a violent death that he did not deserve. there is more to this story and i hope it comes out.
    I know what kind of person Jeremy was because he is my nephew. His mother is my sister. I am sitting in a hotel room in Ft. Smith, AR looking out the window across the parking lot from the Ft. Smith Police Station and Jail where the scum that killed him is jailed.

    We buried Jeremy today and have heard so many stories that we do not know what to beleive. I had to watch as my sister, her husband and the rest of our families kissed Jeremy goodbye as he lay in his casket. We had to be careful, because we messed up the make up and reconstructive work on his forehead where his skull was bashed in.

    And, we do believe that Walter Lee Walton and Dustin Wallen are evil. We now beleive in the death penalty and hope to be in the courtroom as well as in the veiwing room when the murderers meet their final punishment. We know that there are others involved including 2 girls that assisted in his death. We believe that Jeremy did save your daughter's life while sacrificing his own. We are so glad that he made a difference in someone elses's life. You say you do not know what he was like. He was the sweetest, funniest melon headed little boy you could ever meet. He was onery at times and he did test his parents and his family. He did have his own trials and tribulations. He leaves behind 2 sons, his mom and dad, his biological dad, his sisters and brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and friends. PLEASE,PLEASE speak out, tell the police, the detectives , tell everyone the terrible injustice that my nephew suffered. Don't let him die in vain.

    WE are a strong family who will always look out for our own and gather together to get through this terrible crisis. My sister and brother-in-law have now buried 2 of their children. No one should ever have to do that. Please pray for us.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by mareca0301 View Post
    I know what kind of person Jeremy was because he is my nephew. His mother is my sister. I am sitting in a hotel room in Ft. Smith, AR looking out the window across the parking lot from the Ft. Smith Police Station and Jail where the scum that killed him is jailed.

    We buried Jeremy today and have heard so many stories that we do not know what to beleive. I had to watch as my sister, her husband and the rest of our families kissed Jeremy goodbye as he lay in his casket. We had to be careful, because we messed up the make up and reconstructive work on his forehead where his skull was bashed in.

    And, we do believe that Walter Lee Walton and Dustin Wallen are evil. We now beleive in the death penalty and hope to be in the courtroom as well as in the veiwing room when the murderers meet their final punishment. We know that there are others involved including 2 girls that assisted in his death. We believe that Jeremy did save your daughter's life while sacrificing his own. We are so glad that he made a difference in someone elses's life. You say you do not know what he was like. He was the sweetest, funniest melon headed little boy you could ever meet. He was onery at times and he did test his parents and his family. He did have his own trials and tribulations. He leaves behind 2 sons, his mom and dad, his biological dad, his sisters and brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and friends. PLEASE,PLEASE speak out, tell the police, the detectives , tell everyone the terrible injustice that my nephew suffered. Don't let him die in vain.

    WE are a strong family who will always look out for our own and gather together to get through this terrible crisis. My sister and brother-in-law have now buried 2 of their children. No one should ever have to do that. Please pray for us.
    I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine what your family is going through right now and even though I didn't know Jeremy (except to talk to him over the phone), my heart is heavy and I am deeply saddened for everyone.

    My sister is the one that Walter called after it happened -- she is/was in a completely different state during the whole thing and didn't know anything about it until he called her that night. From what I've talked to her about it, Walter told her what he did but didn't implicate anyone else. I don't think she really believed him at the time. (But she did try to call some of Jeremy's friends, who reassured her that surely it DIDN'T happen, that they had just seem Jeremy a few hours prior, reassuring her that it was probably just crazy-talk from a crazy man). But the next morning, she tried to call everyone (including Jeremy) just to make sure and finally talked to a detective, who confirmed what Walter said. She has talked to the police, telling them EVERYTHING she knew and even drove to Arkansas to make a statement (last Monday, the same day he was charged with murder).

    I don't even think my sister knows all the details (clearly, because this is the very first I've heard about 2 girls being involved) but she is telling everything she knows. She isn't hiding anything for anybody.

    From talking to Jeremy, he seemed like caring person and he truly did help my sister get away from Walter (and I believe, SAVED her). I don't know how to express how sorry I am to your family that this happened.
    Last edited by blubuni99; 09-18-2010 at 02:05 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Posts
    5,652
    I am so very sorry and you have my condolences. This is so sad. I truly hope justice will be served. There are just mean people in this world!
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    85

    Jeremy Lee travis

    Thanks for the condolences, everyone. Blubuni, please tell your sister thankyou for calling and going to the police. Our family does not believe she was involved in the murder in any other capacity than that she was also a victim of Walter Lee. It is so hard to keep up with all the rumors.What we have been told by witnesses and detectives, is that Dustin was with Walter lee in the suv. He got out and starting kicking Jeremy, There is a pipe and/or tire iron used as a weapon. They never found the knife. There is rumor there are at least 1 to 2 other males involved. Jeremy"s arm was broken early in the altercation, and he may have been stabbed, early on also which caused him to be unable to defend himself.There were not any defense wounds on his hands. There were two girls that had been with them and from their story it sounds like this was premeditated.

    I am glad that your sister is safe and please count your blessings.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by mareca0301 View Post
    I know what kind of person Jeremy was because he is my nephew. His mother is my sister. I am sitting in a hotel room in Ft. Smith, AR looking out the window across the parking lot from the Ft. Smith Police Station and Jail where the scum that killed him is jailed.

    We buried Jeremy today and have heard so many stories that we do not know what to beleive. I had to watch as my sister, her husband and the rest of our families kissed Jeremy goodbye as he lay in his casket. We had to be careful, because we messed up the make up and reconstructive work on his forehead where his skull was bashed in.

    And, we do believe that Walter Lee Walton and Dustin Wallen are evil. We now beleive in the death penalty and hope to be in the courtroom as well as in the veiwing room when the murderers meet their final punishment. We know that there are others involved including 2 girls that assisted in his death. We believe that Jeremy did save your daughter's life while sacrificing his own. We are so glad that he made a difference in someone elses's life. You say you do not know what he was like. He was the sweetest, funniest melon headed little boy you could ever meet. He was onery at times and he did test his parents and his family. He did have his own trials and tribulations. He leaves behind 2 sons, his mom and dad, his biological dad, his sisters and brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and friends. PLEASE,PLEASE speak out, tell the police, the detectives , tell everyone the terrible injustice that my nephew suffered. Don't let him die in vain.

    WE are a strong family who will always look out for our own and gather together to get through this terrible crisis. My sister and brother-in-law have now buried 2 of their children. No one should ever have to do that. Please pray for us.
    welcome to websleuths, mareca0301. thank you for coming here to tell us about jeremy. he did not deserve what happened to him and we will not let him die in vain. we are in touch with the detectives and we will do anything we can to help them make their case. walter walton needs to stay behind bars forever. he is a dangerous person to anybody who gets near him. i have known this for a long time, but it was stressed to me again by jeremy when he was trying to get my daughter to leave there. it was important enough to him that he enlisted the help of our family, whom he had never met. we are grieving along with your family and i will not sit quiet and allow whoever was involved to get by with it.
    there is a lot going on right now in the fs police dept. so we have to stay on them to make sure this does not take a back burner to all the internal shakeups in the dept.
    your family is foremost in my thoughts constantly and my prayers for you all are non stop.
    "Love one another. As I have loved you, love one another." Jesus

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,577
    Marceca0301. I am so sorry for your and your families loss. Being a survivor of domestic violence and intimidation, I know how difficult and terrifying it is to try and leave that person. You know what these monsters are capable of, it is a constant fear that you will not survive.

    Your nephew was an amazing person to be able to step outside himself and help someone to escape that plight! He is a hero!

    Nannt2five, I am so very happy your daughter is safe!,

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. AR AR - Lori Murchison-Dunbar, 24, Fort Smith, Sept 1995
    By STEADFAST in forum 1990's Missing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-29-2016, 05:29 PM
  2. GUILTY AR - Briana Jane Ault, 22, Fort Smith, 14 Sept 2010
    By nanny2five in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-03-2016, 07:31 PM
  3. GUILTY NC - Sgt. Christina Smith, 29, stabbed to death, Fort Bragg, 30 Sept 2008
    By mysteriew in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-19-2015, 06:28 PM
  4. GUILTY CA - Quesi Chavez, 10, stabbed to death, Fort McArthur, 9 July 2010
    By Belinda in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 01:49 PM
  5. NY - Rudolph Henry, 44, stabbed to death, Brooklyn, 9 Sept 2010
    By bogeygal in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 02:18 AM

Tags for this Thread