Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Adams and Jefferson also aside...

The 2 bodies alone may be considered merely coincidential, however the additional variables (date, condition, clothing, age, destination) decrease the chances of such imo.

A-ha, it seems sometimes there is no such thing as a coinkydinkle.
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up.
    Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post

The 2 bodies alone may be considered merely coincidential, however the additional variables (date, condition, clothing, age, destination) decrease the chances of such imo.

Speaking of coincidences...Deborah Rashotte of Belleville died under mysterious circumstances shortly before she was due to appear in court as a witness in an assault trial. She was last seen on January 23, 2010. Deborah was reported missing by her family on February 11, 2010 after LE showed up to issue her a subpoena to appear in court as a witness. She was later found dead in the Moira River.

Not unlike Robert "Bubba" Verch, she had told her friends that someone was after her. RV had told his children's nanny not to let them go outside after dark. He also told his friends that he had seen someone he shouldn't have seen at a meeting or gathering. He died on February 10, 2010 in a vehicle fire.

Hang on a sec:

http://www2.canada.com/ottawacitizen...eda920476c&p=2

Peterborough...isn't that where Dana Tkachenko is from? She disappeared under mysterious circumstances in late December and was found in the Ottawa River on the exact same day (more or less) as LC. She was supposedly found in Ottawa.

And one of the people involved in this trial is from Pembroke, very near DR. Hmmm.
    Last edited by Summersolstice; 09-20-2010 at 09:52 AM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post

Lately when I log-in I've noticed new names as members. For the benefit of those new members and guests, I'm re-posting the original article with picture as it appeared on 06/11/2010 before the peculiar changes in the article occurred. I am grateful to those who originally posted the picture here at WS, IMO you provided us with possibly the most valuable piece of evidence we have proof of. We should not let it get lost back in the threads.

CTV Ottawa

Man's body pulled from the Ottawa River
    A man's body was pulled from the Ottawa River near the Ottawa Rowing Club, Friday, June 11, 2010.

A man's body was pulled from the Ottawa River near the Ottawa Rowing Club, Friday, June 11, 2010.

Updated: Fri Jun. 11 2010 2:52:32 PM

ctvottawa.ca

Investigators are reviewing their missing persons' file after a man's body was pulled from the Ottawa River near the prime minister's home Friday morning.

A fisherman who saw the body floating in the river near 24 Sussex Dr. reported the discovery at about 7 a.m.

Police say the body had already started decomposing, indicating it had been in the water for a long time.

Police say it may take a few days to determine the man's identity and cause of death.

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca...hub=OttawaHome

Yooo-Hoooo, Hazel, HELP. No matter what I do I cannot get that picture to post. Will you please fix it for me? Thank you.
    Last edited by deputydawg2; 09-20-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: try to get image to post

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deputydawg2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Summersolstice View Post
    Speaking of coincidences...Deborah Rashotte of Belleville died under mysterious circumstances shortly before she was due to appear in court as a witness in an assault trial. She was last seen on January 23, 2010. Deborah was reported missing by her family on February 11, 2010 after LE showed up to issue her a subpoena to appear in court as a witness. She was later found dead in the Moira River.

Not unlike Robert "Bubba" Verch, she had told her friends that someone was after her. RV had told his children's nanny not to let them go outside after dark. He also told his friends that he had seen someone he shouldn't have seen at a meeting or gathering. He died on February 10, 2010 in a vehicle fire.

Hang on a sec:

http://www2.canada.com/ottawacitizen...eda920476c&p=2

Peterborough...isn't that where Dana Tkachenko is from? She disappeared under mysterious circumstances in late December and was found in the Ottawa River on the exact same day (more or less) as LC. She was supposedly found in Ottawa.

And one of the people involved in this trial is from Pembroke, very near DR. Hmmm.
    Here's a question: At what point did the OPP get involved in LC's case? How much of a role did they play? It's my impression that local LE in Deep River led the LC investigation. Meanwhile, OPP in the area would have had the RV investigation on their hands. What are the chances that RV's death would have taken precedence?

I understand that one of the local LE officers in Deep River was a former staff sergeant (with awards for bravery) with the Upper Ottawa Valley OPP in Petawawa, and a former soldier at CFB Petawawa. He was also head of security at AECL, then joined the Deep River police around the same time as the police chief's daughter, who is a rookie. With one of their own in DR, could the OPP have left LC's case to the locals, confident that their involvement need only be peripheral? Not sure how various LE jurisdictions work there, or how the investigation was handled by various levels of LE.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:

This may seem like an odd question, but does anyone know how common it is for former DR AECL employees to take up alternate careers in the pursuit of more estoric fulfillment, say, involving the advancement of sensual pleasures and marketing certain clothing items to people with particular specific inclinations? Just askin'.

Not involving anyone named above.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deputydawg2 View Post
    Lately when I log-in I've noticed new names as members. For the benefit of those new members and guests, I'm re-posting the original article with picture as it appeared on 06/11/2010 before the peculiar changes in the article occurred. I am grateful to those who originally posted the picture here at WS, IMO you provided us with possibly the most valuable piece of evidence we have proof of. We should not let it get lost back in the threads.

CTV Ottawa

Updated: Fri Jun. 11 2010 2:52:32 PM

ctvottawa.ca

Investigators are reviewing their missing persons' file after a man's body was pulled from the Ottawa River near the prime minister's home Friday morning.

A fisherman who saw the body floating in the river near 24 Sussex Dr. reported the discovery at about 7 a.m.

Police say the body had already started decomposing, indicating it had been in the water for a long time.

Police say it may take a few days to determine the man's identity and cause of death.

Yooo-Hoooo, Hazel, HELP. No matter what I do I cannot get that picture to post. Will you please fix it for me? Thank you.
    No problem DD2 (see Pic #3), will also include the screenshots that were posted on Dana's thread, even though we knew it was not Dana, but at the time I didn't know where to post those screenshots.
    Just to clarify, Dana was found around the exact same area the previous day, June 10th, 2010; it was not a sunny day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Here are the screeshots of that area, the trees are there, and to account for the trees on the foreground, perhaps the photographer took the picture from the road.

Pic #3

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...85#post5534285
    ETA: the RCMP (in British Columbia) News Release re Dana Tkachenko: http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?si...ontentId=16145
    Last edited by Hazel; 09-20-2010 at 05:10 PM.
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure we've seen this pic of Lachlan before. It was taken at EMC 20 in Krakow, 2001 at the Pasternik ... a "military training place":

Are those really blue suspenders? Gotta luv LC

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks so much, Hazel, for posting the picture that was in the article I posted above, also for the other pics as they give a different perspective.
    Last edited by deputydawg2; 09-20-2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: addition

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deputydawg2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    I'm not sure we've seen this pic of Lachlan before. It was taken at EMC 20 in Krakow, 2001 at the Pasternik ... a "military training place":

-- Snipped, with respect.--

No, sorry, it appears to be a blue bag, like another man in the photo is carrying. Two questions: who is that man in the navy sweatshirt with logo? I've seen him before. And do you think Piotr Drabik or his father Jozef might have attended?

Speaking of Piotr Drabik, this came up when I started searching ECM, a mirage:

http://www.di.unipi.it/~drabik/
    Last edited by Summersolstice; 09-20-2010 at 07:06 PM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...ePasternik.jpg

Suspenders? LOL SB. Yep, I had seen that pic.
    I always wondered (and am still wondering) why all the DR Curling&Squash Club links are re-directed to the main page. I am sure you haven't seen these pics? Just click on each pic to enlarge. Too bad Lachlan is not in any of those , he must have been the one behind the camera. If I shouldn't have posted following link, let me know and I'll delete it. There's more links, but I haven't had the time to look at them all.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200803142...004/index.html
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

I have never thought
    of curling
    this way before ,
    rock on ice
    a metaphor
    for something more?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

No problem DD2 (see Pic #3), will also include the screenshots that were posted on Dana's thread, even though we knew it was not Dana, but at the time I didn't know where to post those screenshots.
    Just to clarify, Dana was found around the exact same area the previous day, June 10th, 2010; it was not a sunny day.

ETA: the RCMP (in British Columbia) News Release re Dana Tkachenko: http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?si...ontentId=16145
    I just want to say thanks again, Hazel, for all your work in providing us with pictures and links to articles as they existed in their original state, before the peculiar changes occurred, the links became broken, or the article/photos taken down or "corrected". That those alterations were made tells me that something in the originals might expose guilt. IMO, it would be profitable to try to discern the identity of the entity or persons who caused the changes to be made.

So, I award you many gold stars, Hazel, though I have no official authority to do so. Keep up the good work! It's important.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to deputydawg2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deputydawg2 View Post
    I just want to say thanks again, Hazel, for all your work in providing us with pictures and links to articles as they existed in their original state, before the peculiar changes occurred, the links became broken, or the article/photos taken down or "corrected". That those alterations were made tells me that something in the originals might expose guilt. IMO, it would be profitable to try to discern the identity of the entity or persons who caused the changes to be made.

So, I award you many gold stars, Hazel, though I have no official authority to do so. Keep up the good work! It's important.

what do you mean DD2? If you are talking about the body found on the morning of June 11th behind the PM's residence, there was only ONE photo, which is still there in the CTV article. No pictures were taken down because all other news articles did not contain any pictures.

Also, I don't know of any broken links or peculiar changes in the articles.

There was a CBC article that had some discrepancies, which later on was corrected and a 'correction notice" added. will go back to old threads and look for it. (DD2 somehow you always manage to put me to work. *sigh* not enjoying this, am relieving all the desperation we felt those days )

OK, these are the articles:

Man's body pulled from Ottawa River below PM's residence

The Ottawa Citizen June 11, 2010 [no alteration/changes]

OTTAWA — The body pulled by firefighters and police this morning from the Ottawa River below the Prime Minister's residence at 24 Sussex Drive is that of a white male believed to be in his 30s or 40s.

Ottawa Police say the body, badly decomposed, had been in the river for quite some time and it could take days before they can confirm its identity.

The police department is now reviewing missing-persons files and waiting for a its identification unit to find out the identity of the dead man.

A fisherman called 911 Friday at 7 a.m. to report the body, floating near the prime minister's residence.

Copyright (c) The Ottawa Citizen

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Bo...967/story.html
    MAP showing 24 Sussex Drive = http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...5&z=14&iwloc=A

Body found in Ottawa River near PM's home
    CBC News Last Updated: Friday, June 11, 2010 | 11:47 AM ET

A body has been found in the Ottawa River behind the prime minister's official residence in Ottawa.

A canoeist called police after spotting the body floating in the water just after 7 a.m. ET Friday, some distance from the shore near 24 Sussex Drive, Ottawa police said.

Police have since pulled the body from the river.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/stor...#ixzz10BO18uxB
    ================================================== ================================================== ======================

Body pulled from Ottawa River near Deep River

The Daily Observer - Updated 3 months ago

Police pulled a male body from the Ottawa River near the Deep River marina Friday.

There has been no positive identification on the body. An autopsy was conducted over the weekend in Ottawa.

Police wouldn't speculate if the body was that of Lachlan Cranswick, the 42-year-old scientist with the National Research Council who was seconded to Atomic Energy of Canada Limited, who was last seen on Jan. 18.

A pair of canoeists spotted the body floating in Welsh's Bay, a shallow cove east of the marina at around 4:30 p.m., said Constable Darin Faris, of the Deep River Police Service. They quickly notified police. The OPP Marine Unit was dispatched to the scene.

Stay with the Daily Observer for more on this developing story

http://www.thedailyobserver.ca/Artic...aspx?e=2622192
    Man's body pulled from river in Upper Ottawa Valley
    OPP Ontario Provincial Police

ctvottawa.ca Updated: Mon Jun. 14 2010 5:25:29 PM

Ontario Provincial Police are waiting for autopsy results after a man's body was pulled from a river in the Upper Ottawa Valley.

A pair of canoeists spotted the body in a shallow cove in the Ottawa River near Deep River on Friday.

Police have not yet confirmed the man's identity.
    Last edited by Hazel; 09-21-2010 at 12:46 PM.
    ★ Thank you ★

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Was trying to put articles in chronological order, but I can no loger edit my post, so will just add here:

ctvottawa.ca Updated: Fri Jun. 11 2010 2:52:32 PM
    PICTURE link here

Following is the CBC article that caused lots of confusion, as self-explained in the Comments section (read starting from page 16)
    which prompted reporter to add:
    Corrections and Clarifications

* An earlier version of this story said the body had been pulled out of the Ottawa River in Ottawa. The body was actually found in the Ottawa River near the town of Deep River. June 15, 2010 | 10:19 a.m. ET
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/stor...scientist.html

NOTE: That there is a link at the top right hand side, which I posted above, regarding the body found behind the Pm's residence. Will repost the link again:
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/stor...sex-drive.html
    Last edited by Hazel; 09-21-2010 at 01:43 PM.
    ★ Thank you ★

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

what do you mean DD2? If you are talking about the body found on the morning of June 11th behind the PM's residence, there was only ONE photo, which is still there in the CTV article. No pictures were taken down because all other news articles did not contain any pictures.

Also, I don't know of any broken links or peculiar changes in the articles.

There was a CBC article that had some discrepancies, which later on was corrected and a 'correction notice" added. will go back to old threads and look for it. (DD2 somehow you always manage to put me to work. *sigh* not enjoying this, am relieving all the desperation we felt those days )

OK, these are the articles:

MAP showing 24 Sussex Drive = http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...5&z=14&iwloc=A

================================================== ================================================== ======================
    Well, Hazel, I never dreamed you would go to all this work. I simply wanted to thank you for all you have done to preserve records that may be very important some day.

Sorry, I should have just left it at "thank you".

30. The Following User Says Thank You to deputydawg2 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast