Found Deceased Canada - Lachlan Cranswick, 41, Deep River near Ottawa ON, 18 Jan 2010 - #6

Just bringing over the last post on Thread 5 to help get things started here :)

Back in my studies I read that good detectives in law enforcement know to be wary of those who appear to be overly helpful in assisting them in a case for it sometimes is the criminal himself or herself who is feeding them disinformation that would lead them away from discovery of the truth.

Locking in premature premises about a case results in a kind of tunnel vision and precludes consideration of other possibilities. Read that in that manual for detectives, too.

:twocents:

Salem

http://communities.canada.com/ottaw...y-canadian-and-british-soldiers-says-nis.aspx

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-11282766

Remembered that I'd posted about RAF Brize Norton back in the thread in connection to LC's family. RAF Brize Norton is equivalent to CFB Trenton, for anyone following the RW case:

"Summersolstice 03-08-2010 09:42 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Cranswick with RAF/Australia connections:

http://www.216squadronassociation.or...sletter_98.pdf

This particular squadron has had roles in the Gulf War, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq.

ETA: I'm not certain if the Dave Williams who wrote that newsletter is this David Williams, killed by friendly fire in 2003:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2886123.stm

Summersolstice 03-08-2010 10:14 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More on RAF Brize Norton:

http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafbrizenorton/

03-08-2010 11:53 AM

Another Cranswick, an RAF exchange officer and Flight Lieutenant mentioned on page 12under the title "U.S., British Troops Create Manual for Connectivity", spoke about integrating satellite systems:

http://www.afnic.af.mil/shared/media...061220-040.pdf

And could it be the same Cranswick here, a NATO spokesman speaking about the crash of a Russian-made helicopter?

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?s...&article=63796

Genealogy wunderkinds, where are you?"

Political ambitions and impartiality mix like oil and water:

http://www.magma.ca/~drcanrt/100908myers.html

In larger centres, members of the media resign their posts in order to run or serve in politics. Employers usually have clear policies about conflict of interest. Not the case in DR and area, if this is any indication.

Political ambitions and impartiality mix like oil and water:

http://www.magma.ca/~drcanrt/100908myers.html

In larger centres, members of the media resign their posts in order to run or serve in politics. Employers usually have clear policies about conflict of interest. Not the case in DR and area, if this is any indication.

The Keys Conference Centre property, along the waterfront, is one issue he believes needs to come to the council table.

"That doesn't mean selling it just for the sake of selling it," he says.

"Rather than going into it with a pre-conceived idea, put it out on the market, and see what offers and proposals may come back."

Huh? Maybe i'm mis-interpreting, but putting it "on the market" would normally mean listing it for sale. This is an exceptionallly ambiguous statement. This guy should run for cover, not council.

Going on 8 months since LC disappeared and 3 months since his body was found, and the silence has become deafening.

With all the possibilities that surround this case, it is highly curious that LE would conclude misadventure when there is nothing to support their theory.

Was pondering Vidocq today and wishing they could get their hands on Lachlan's case. Has to be unsolved for 2 years and can only be brought forward by LE. Would be interesting to see which agency would bring it forward and which agency might be opposed.

Huh? Maybe i'm mis-interpreting, but putting it "on the market" would normally mean listing it for sale. This is an exceptionallly ambiguous statement. This guy should run for cover, not council.

Note the co-worker from Laurentian Hills, already in office. Does make a person wonder if conflict of interest is a way of life up there on Highway One.

I started getting curious about intellectual property pertaining to patents and found this on the NRC website:

http://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/ibp/bri/patents/list.html

Obviously there is some kind of intellectual property policy in this regard. I'm not sure, but this particular part of the website might pertain to the area in which Piotr Drabik was working.

Another question: Is anyone familiar with NRC policies pertaining to scientific discoveries, and giving credit where credit is due?

"Technology transfer" is a term I've heard in relation to universities marketing products through companies and taking out patents on in-house discoveries. Sounds like it has the potential to involve large amounts of money. Universities often doe this under company names that have no obvious hints as to university involvement. Does anyone know the name of the NRC/AECL business marketing division?

The piece of the Challenger that LC examined is one of the various interesting examples of his work in Applied Neutron Diffraction for Industry (ANDI) at the Neutron Beam Centre:

http://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/services/cnbc/andi/industry-examples.html

Thiokol Corporation, a producer of rocket propulsion systems, came to the Canadian Neutron Beam Centre following the space shuttle Challenger tragedy, to examine a piece of the booster rocket casing using neutrons. The measurements verified that computer modelling had provided the correct, conservative estimates of residual stresses near bolt holes - i.e. that there were no surprising conditions at these locations, which might have contributed to the accident.

A history of Thiokol Corporation and its place in the aerospace and defence industry:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...thiokol+corporation"&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

I started getting curious about intellectual property pertaining to patents and found this on the NRC website:

http://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/ibp/bri/patents/list.html

Obviously there is some kind of intellectual property policy in this regard. I'm not sure, but this particular part of the website might pertain to the area in which Piotr Drabik was working.

Another question: Is anyone familiar with NRC policies pertaining to scientific discoveries, and giving credit where credit is due?

"Technology transfer" is a term I've heard in relation to universities marketing products through companies and taking out patents on in-house discoveries. Sounds like it has the potential to involve large amounts of money. Universities often doe this under company names that have no obvious hints as to university involvement. Does anyone know the name of the NRC/AECL business marketing division?

Had to dig way back among my bookmarks for this, summerS; hope it produces some creative thought. We may have discussed it back in the threads. There is a google book entitled: Handbook of Stable Isotope Analytical Techniques, Vol. 1 By Pier Anne de Groot, published 01/01/2005

Page 19 there discusses Hokko Beads and page 20 lists the suppliers as:

A company in Tokyo; A US agent of the Tokyo company;

AECL: Marketing and Sales/Nuclear Products and Services (Attn: Chris Knight), Chalk River National Laboratory; Chalk River, ON, Canada KOJ IJO. Tel + 1(613)584-8811; Fax +1 (613) 584-1438.

It is my imperfect understanding that Chris Knight retired from AECL in the latter part of 2007.

http://books.google.com/books?id=zqMTBcPN9XEC&pg=PA20&lpg=PA20&dq=Chris+Knight,+Chalk+River,+Canada&source=bl&ots=lXSFNNH2pw&sig=74-TOCQfubNU0RQjBSkl9GN0aMc&hl=en&ei=mea5S663HYH98AbA1_ydDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CBkQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=Chris%20Knight%2C%20Chalk%20River%2C%20Canada&f=false

[Whooo-Boy! That link will never fly!]

:beagle: hmmmmm, that name kinda stirs up the thoughts that generated the first paragraph of my post which Salem brought over and posted at # 2 above....

Remember this day? Here's the link:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/body+pulled+from+Ottawa+River+below+residence/3140967/story.html

» RSS

Man's body pulled from Ottawa River below PM's residence

The Ottawa Citizen June 11, 2010

OTTAWA — The body pulled by firefighters and police this morning from the Ottawa River below the Prime Minister's residence at 24 Sussex Drive is that of a white male believed to be in his 30s or 40s.

Ottawa Police say the body, badly decomposed, had been in the river for quite some time and it could take days before they can confirm its identity.

The police department is now reviewing missing-persons files and waiting for a its identification unit to find out the identity of the dead man.

A fisherman called 911 Friday at 7 a.m. to report the body, floating near the prime minister's residence.

© Copyright (c) The Ottawa Citizen

I recall Tarabull posted that in the printed version of The Star there was an added description stating that the body was "dressed in unseasonably warm clothing".

I have the recovery pictures of this event stashed away, as do lots of us. It's a shame we don't have any recovery pictures of the Welsh Bay recovery.

Oh Yeah, almost forgot! There was that confusing "correction" tagged onto the end of a later article that said there was a mistake and that the body was found in the Ottawa River near the town of Deep River.

Going on 8 months since LC disappeared and 3 months since his body was found, and the silence has become deafening.

With all the possibilities that surround this case, it is highly curious that LE would conclude misadventure when there is nothing to support their theory.

Was pondering Vidocq today and wishing they could get their hands on Lachlan's case. Has to be unsolved for 2 years and can only be brought forward by LE. Would be interesting to see which agency would bring it forward and which agency might be opposed.

Take heart, SB, Truth never dies. I don't know about Vidocq but will try to educate myself.

This just means we've got 16 months to refine our files and learn more about what was going on in Lachlan's life that could have possibly caused his death. And just maybe I'll have read all the topics at Lachlan's bluehaze.au website by then!

Had to dig way back among my bookmarks for this, summerS; hope it produces some creative thought. We may have discussed it back in the threads. There is a google book entitled: Handbook of Stable Isotope Analytical Techniques, Vol. 1 By Pier Anne de Groot, published 01/01/2005

Page 19 there discusses Hokko Beads and page 20 lists the suppliers as:

A company in Tokyo; A US agent of the Tokyo company;

AECL: Marketing and Sales/Nuclear Products and Services (Attn: Chris Knight), Chalk River National Laboratory; Chalk River, ON, Canada KOJ IJO. Tel + 1(613)584-8811; Fax +1 (613) 584-1438.

It is my imperfect understanding that Chris Knight retired from AECL in the latter part of 2007.

http://books.google.com/books?id=zqMTBcPN9XEC&pg=PA20&lpg=PA20&dq=Chris+Knight,+Chalk+River,+Canada&source=bl&ots=lXSFNNH2pw&sig=74-TOCQfubNU0RQjBSkl9GN0aMc&hl=en&ei=mea5S663HYH98AbA1_ydDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CBkQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=Chris%20Knight%2C%20Chalk%20River%2C%20Canada&f=false

[Whooo-Boy! That link will never fly!]

:beagle: hmmmmm, that name kinda stirs up the thoughts that generated the first paragraph of my post which Salem brought over and posted at # 2 above....

Wait a minute:

"Scientist's body found in water near Deep River, friend says
Police awaiting official confirmation, but have alerted man's family
By Zev Singer, The Ottawa Citizen
June 15, 2010

A body pulled from the Ottawa River near Deep River on Friday is almost certainly that of Lachlan Cranswick, the National Research Council scientist who went missing earlier this year, according to a friend of Cranswick's.

The case of the 41-year-old physicist who worked at the Chalk River Laboratories, baffled police in January. Cranswick, unmarried and originally from Australia, was last seen on the 18th of that month, and appeared to have put out his garbage the next morning.

Only four days later, after he failed to turn up a curling event, did the search begin. But the trail was cold, with nothing to suggest either foul play or suicide. His wallet and laptop were in his unlocked home and his car was parked there, too. Extensive ground searches using dogs and helicopters also found nothing.

But on Monday, Chris Knight, a friend of Cranswick's, said police have informed the scientist's family in Australia that the body pulled from the river is all but officially confirmed to be his.

"They've been told that the clothes and identification on the body that was recovered virtually confirm that it's him," Knight said. "They have to do the forensic work to give a 100-per-cent confirmation, but there's virtually no doubt that it's him."

Knight said there will be a full autopsy, which could shed some light on how Cranswick died.

Cranswick enjoyed the ski- snowshoe trails, Knight said, but exactly how he ended up in the river, which was covered in only thin ice at the time, is still unexplained.

"There had been spottings of wolves in the previous weeks," said Knight, a retired scientist. "In fact, one fellow I talked to the other day told me that he had actually been chased by them. He had to hustle and run into the townsite.

"It's pure speculation on my part, but I don't see Lachlan as someone who was going to go out and try to walk across the river ... when the conditions weren't great, but he may have been forced into the situation."

If the autopsy concludes that Cranswick fell through the ice and drowned, it may never be known whether he was chased by wolves.

"We won't know that," said Knight. "We'll just know he went through the ice."
Knight said the family has decided to have Cranswick's body cremated and his ashes sent to Australia.

© Copyright (c) The Ottawa Citizen"

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/S...+friend+says/3154408/story.html#ixzz0znS1PqI2

Wait a minute:

"Scientist's body found in water near Deep River, friend says
Police awaiting official confirmation, but have alerted man's family
By Zev Singer, The Ottawa Citizen
June 15, 2010

A body pulled from the Ottawa River near Deep River on Friday is almost certainly that of Lachlan Cranswick, the National Research Council scientist who went missing earlier this year, according to a friend of Cranswick's.

The case of the 41-year-old physicist who worked at the Chalk River Laboratories, baffled police in January. Cranswick, unmarried and originally from Australia, was last seen on the 18th of that month, and appeared to have put out his garbage the next morning.

Only four days later, after he failed to turn up a curling event, did the search begin. But the trail was cold, with nothing to suggest either foul play or suicide. His wallet and laptop were in his unlocked home and his car was parked there, too. Extensive ground searches using dogs and helicopters also found nothing.

But on Monday, Chris Knight, a friend of Cranswick's, said police have informed the scientist's family in Australia that the body pulled from the river is all but officially confirmed to be his.

"They've been told that the clothes and identification on the body that was recovered virtually confirm that it's him," Knight said. "They have to do the forensic work to give a 100-per-cent confirmation, but there's virtually no doubt that it's him."

Knight said there will be a full autopsy, which could shed some light on how Cranswick died.

Cranswick enjoyed the ski- snowshoe trails, Knight said, but exactly how he ended up in the river, which was covered in only thin ice at the time, is still unexplained.

"There had been spottings of wolves in the previous weeks," said Knight, a retired scientist. "In fact, one fellow I talked to the other day told me that he had actually been chased by them. He had to hustle and run into the townsite.

"It's pure speculation on my part, but I don't see Lachlan as someone who was going to go out and try to walk across the river ... when the conditions weren't great, but he may have been forced into the situation."

If the autopsy concludes that Cranswick fell through the ice and drowned, it may never be known whether he was chased by wolves.

"We won't know that," said Knight. "We'll just know he went through the ice."
Knight said the family has decided to have Cranswick's body cremated and his ashes sent to Australia.

© Copyright (c) The Ottawa Citizen"

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/S...+friend+says/3154408/story.html#ixzz0znS1PqI2

Yes, we can recall the different versions (and their corrections) that were published on June 15 and about then. Here is one in full text published June 15, 2010 which, to my knowledge, has not been "corrected". We are left to ponder about what might have caused the quick changes about this unfortunate man.

Canadian Immigration Report
Search: HomeAboutPosts Comments canada
toronto
immigrant
canadian immigration
immigration
deportation
deportation from canada
vancouver
calgary
muslim
← The curious disappearance of Lachlan CranswickKara Dhaliwall nothing but a passport to Canada →Body found in river possibly Australian Chalk River scientist
June 15, 2010 by canadianreport Leave a Comment

Body in Ottawa River likely scientist’s: friend
Last Updated: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 | 8:37 AM ET
Comments 22 Recommend 44

CBC News
Lachlan Cranswick, a physicist at the Chalk River nuclear plant in Ontario, has been missing since January. (Deep River Police Service)

The body pulled from the Ottawa River last week is almost certain to be that of the Chalk River scientist who went missing in January, according to a friend of the scientist.

Lachlan Cranswick, 41, vanished five months ago in a case that confounded police and the community and yielded few clues as to his whereabouts.

On Friday police pulled a body from the Ottawa River near the shore of 24 Sussex Drive, the prime minister’s official residence in Ottawa.

Cranswick’s friend Chris Knight said police have already told Cranswick’s family in his native Australia that they believe the body is his.

“I heard from his family that the police had told them that the clothes and some identification on the body were Lachlan’s,” said Knight.

“They still had to do the forensics and autopsy to confirm but it’s virtually certain that it’s Lachlan that they found,” he said.

Police have not officially identified the body.

Vanished without a trace

Knight said the community would wait until the body has been officially identified before holding a memorial. He said Cranswick’s family plans to have him cremated and flown home.

Cranswick’s role as a scientist at the Chalk River facility led to speculation and international attention after he disappeared, but police said there was no evidence suggesting foul play.

But the disappearance was strange: Cranswick vanished after taking out the garbage not long after finishing work on Jan. 18. His car was still in his garage and his wallet and personal belongings were in his unlocked house.

Knight said he thinks that whatever happened was likely an accident.

“It’s sad, it’s really sad,” he said.

http://canadianreport.wordpress.com/2010/06/15/body-found-in-river-possibly-australian-chalk-river-scientist/

Continuing the news reports on the body(s)? found Friday, June 11, 2010 in Ottawa River:

On June 15, 2010 at 8:37 a.m. CBC News online published the same article, but with paragraph 2 changed to this:

"Lachlan Cranswick, 41, vanished five months ago in a case that confounded police and the community and yielded few clues to his whereabouts. Police pulled a body from the Ottawa River near the town of Deep River on Friday....." and the following 'correction' posted at the end of this article:

Corrections and Clarifications

* An earlier version of this story said the body had been pulled out of the Ottawa River in Ottawa. The body was actually found in the Ottawa River near the town of Deep River. June 15, 2010 | 10:19 a.m. ET

Here is the link to this version:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2010/06/15/ott-deep-river-scientist.html

Took less than 2 hours for that 'correction' to be put online by the free press. (/s) BTW the comments at this site are quite interesting.

Found this at Lachlan's site. I do believe it is the strangest thing I've ever read. The link given there works.

http://lachlan.bluehaze.com.au/important.html

Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:01:12 +1000
Subject: FW: GST

Greetings Lachlan,

As you may know, the government has implemented a 10% VAT called the GST.
I am forwarding a part of the legislation to you. This must be one of
the best examples of legalistic bulls**t I have ever read.

Enjoy,

===============

> I suggest you read the GST legislation (chapter 4 ,division 165):
>
> http://law.ato.gov.au/atolaw/view.htm?docid=PAC/19990055/165-55
>
> It says:
>
> For the purposes of making a declaration under this Subdivision, the Commissioner may:
>
> (a) treat a particular event that actually happened as not having happened; and
> (b) treat a particular event that did not actually happen as having happened
> and, if appropriate, treat the event as:
> (i) having happened at a particular time; and
> (ii) having involved particular action by a particular entity; and
> (c) treat a particular event that actually happened as:
> (i) having happened at a time different from the time it actually happened; or
> (ii) having involved particular action by a particular entity (whether or
> not the event actually involved any action by that entity).

Hey, Tara!! Been missing you and your little doggie. Good to see you here! (No smilies were offered, but I'd have chosen a special one for you.)

d dawg 2

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2010/09/18/15396581.htmlAn American nuclear

scientist and his wife face life in prison if convicted of trying to sell atomic bomb-building

secrets to an FBI agent posing as a representative of the Venezuela government

Mascheroni's wife, a U.S. citizen who worked as a technical writer at LANL from 1981 to 2010, also had access to restricted data, the justice department said.

According to the indictment, Mascheroni had a series of conversations in March 2008 with an undercover FBI agent posing as a Venezuelan government official.

During these conversations, Mascheroni discussed his program for developing nuclear weapons for Venezuela.

Among other things, Mascheroni allegedly said he could help Venezuela develop a nuclear bomb within 10 years and that, under his program, Venezuela would use a secret, underground nuclear reactor to produce and enrich plutonium, and an open, above-ground reactor to produce nuclear energy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back