NY NY - Yolanda Bindics, 25, Jamestown, 10 Aug 2004

Brains & NoBull

Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult
Reaction score
Jamestown Police Looking for Help in Finding Missing Woman.

Yolanda Bindics was last seen about 8:30 Tuesday night. She and a coworker had just locked up at the Family Dollar store on Fluvanna Avenue. Police say Bindics said she was going to run some errands but has not been seen since.

Her car was found at seven o'clock the next night at the Arby's Restaurant also on Fluvanna Avenue.
The missing woman is described as five foot seven, 97 pounds with blond hair and hazel eyes.
She was last seen wearing khaki pants and a black polo shirt with Family Dollar written in red on it.

Her children are being cared for by relatives.
If you have any information on Yolanda Bindics whereabouts, you're asked to call Jamestown Police at 483-7537.

5'7" and 97 lbs??????? Can you say majorly skinny??? She would definitely be someone you'd notice....I sure hope they find her safe.

Here is a link to the video from WKBW. It lists some additional information that the news article did not. Bindics was 25 years old and has four young children. LE says that it is out of character for her to disappear.

I occasionally have trouble with missing person threads because neither the new thread and the news articles linked mention what state the missing person lived? Where is Jamestown?

txsvicki said:
I occasionally have trouble with missing person threads because neither the new thread and the news articles linked mention what state the missing person lived? Where is Jamestown?
By reading the article I'd assume they are talking about Jamestown, NY but really who knows. :waitasec:

Yes it is Jamestown, NY.

FBI JOINS JAMESTOWN POLICE IN SEARCH FOR MISSING WOMAN

048121782_missing-girl.jpg

Jamestown Police are now working with the FBI and other law enforcement agenices in the search for the missing mother of four children. Yolanda's sister provided information for the FBI.

The family is also asking friends and other volunteers to join them for a search on Sunday morning at 11:00 on Fluvanna Avenue at locations where she and her car were last seen.

25 year old Yolanda Bindics was last seen about 8:30 Tuesday night. She and a coworker had just locked up at the Family Dollar store on Fluvanna Avenue. Police say Bindics said she was going to run some errands but has not been seen since.

Her car was found at seven o'clock the next night at the Arby's Restaurant also on Fluvanna Avenue.
The missing woman is described as five foot seven, 97 pounds with blond hair and hazel eyes.
She was last seen wearing khaki pants and a black polo shirt with Family Dollar written in red on it.

Her children are being cared for by relatives.
If you have any information on Yolanda Bindics whereabouts, you're asked to call Jamestown Police at 483-7537.

http://www.wgrz.com/storyfull.asp?id=22352

Scroll about half way down this page for the story.

Search for Missing Jamestown Mom Continues
August 15, 2004

It's been four days since a 25-year old Jamestown mother of four disappeared. Saturday, police continued to look for her.

Police in Jamestown conceded Saturday that they still have no clues as to what happened to Yolanda Bindics since she disappeared Tuesday night.

“This isn't like her,” said Nicole Berg, a co-worker of Bindics. “Her kids are everything. And ya know, it's just really hard here right now because she just disappeared.”

Friends, family and neighbors still have hope the 25-year old missing mother of four will be found soon. Berg, a friend and co-worker, hopes that somehow, somewhere, Yolanda Bindics, is alive and well and maybe watching.

“We love you, Yolanda and we really want to know what's going on,” said Bindics. “And our hearts are with you.”

Yolanda Bindics was last seen at the dollar store when she worked Tuesday night. She never came home. Saturday, four days later, law enforcement conducted an all-out search. Police divers checked the local river, a helicopter ran a grid search and canines were used at a local landfill.

But still no luck and no clues into Bindics disappearance.

“It happens all too often, it really does and it's important to understand your kids or your loved ones can go missing in an instant,” said Sgt. James Oleniacz of the Jamestown Police.

Dean Reithel, an ex-boyfriend and father of one of Bindic's children, has the difficult task of explaining the disappearance to their daughter.

“She's two years-old,” said Reithel. “She's asked where mommy is. I just break down and just tell her, 'mommy will be back’ and she goes off and play.”

And many are hoping Yolanda Bindics will be back soon. Sunday, friends plan to launch a community search starting at 11 a.m.

If you have any information, please call Jamestown police at 483-7537.

Here is the video link as well.
http://www.wkbw.com/video/news.asp?clip=040815_lockport&title=SearchformissingJamestownmomcontinues

I hope Dean Reithel is being thoroughly questioned as well as the father or fathers of her other children. One of them is likely to be involved. :(
Karen

Hello. This is my first post to this site. I think it is great how everybody works to get the names and faces of missing persons out there.

I first heard about Yolanda's disappearance on a parenting forum that I am a member of. She is a good friend of another member on that board.

Fot some reason, I could not let Yolanda's story go after first hearing about it. I check this site as well as googling her name every morning in hopes that she has been found.

It has been 1 week and 1 day since Yolanda disappeared. I was unable to find a website in her name that followed the search for her. So I have built one myself. My friend at the parenting board has been made aware of the sites availability.

If any of Yolanda's family or friends read this, please know that I am donating the site to the search for Yolanda and her family as well as my time and efforts to keep he site updated with any news.

Yolanda's site can be found at www.freewebs.com/findyolanda

May Yolanda be reunited with her family and friends.

If any of Yolanda's family or friends read this, please know that I am donating the site to the search for Yolanda and her family as well as my time and efforts to keep he site updated with any news.

Yolanda's site can be found at www.freewebs.com/findyolanda

May Yolanda be reunited with her family and friends.[/QUOTE]
You did a good job on this page for Yolanda. I will put a link for Yolanda on Carrie's site. I hope she is found safe shortly.

Oh, man, this doesn't sound good. I hope they find her safe soon but this doesn't sound promising. They wouldn't put the guy on administrative leave for just having had a relationship with her, would they? Would it be a conflict of interest kind of thing or do you think he's a person of interest/suspect??

englishleigh said:
Oh, man, this doesn't sound good. I hope they find her safe soon but this doesn't sound promising. They wouldn't put the guy on administrative leave for just having had a relationship with her, would they? Would it be a conflict of interest kind of thing or do you think he's a person of interest/suspect??
The police are saying that there are no suspects because, as of yet, there is not a crime. I think that the administrative leave is simply to protect the integrity of the investigation. If Bindics has had as many relationships as the media are making it out to be, it would not be good to have a police officer, who was in a romantic relationship with her, questioning her former lovers.

I think it is a matter of the force trying to protect the case and bring Bindics home. :)

There was another search effort on Thursday for Yolanda near the Jamestown Plaza where her car was found on August 11th, 2004. Still no clues and still no Yolanda. :( More links to news articles added to her website as well as new pictures that have been made available.

Does anybody know if printable flyers are available anywhere for Yolanda? Thanks!

If there is no printable flyer for Yolanda anywhere yet, I can make one, but I do need to know all the pertinent identification data first. Do you have all of that?

Kelly

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974