1297 users online (233 members and 1064 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2010.09.14 - Defense Team News Conference

Casey Anthony defense team calls Tuesday press conference

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,7444523.story

Snipped:

It was not immediately clear what will be discussed at the press conference to be held at attorney Jose Baez's Kissimmee office at 9 a.m.

Baez and Mason are expected to hold the press conference, but Mason's legal assistant said today she could not confirm the topic of the conference.
    My posts are my opinion only. Praying for Justice for Caylee Marie!
    The Florida Bar summed up the problem regarding Mr. Baez.
    "His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." (Thank you to TWA) Read their opinion here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/d...ps/sc95855.pdf

I wonder if it has anything to do with this, you know a paying client versus a non-paying client:

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...ntil-next-year

<snipped>

Mason said within the next three weeks he wants to schedule depositions with House Speaker Dean Cannon, Senate President Mike Haridopolis and the current party leader John Thrasher.
    After that, Mason said they'll decide when or if they plan to depose Crist.
    "His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." (Thank you to TWA) Read their opinion here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/d...ps/sc95855.pdf

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    I just read your news update and was about to start a thread, ty.
    What could be so big as to warrant a news conference? I'm hoping it
    doesn't have anything to do with that new evidence JB and Mason were blabbing about.
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
    I just read your news update and was about to start a thread, ty.
    What could be so big as to warrant a news conference? I'm hoping it
    doesn't have anything to do with that new evidence JB and Mason were blabbing about.
    I have no idea, what it's about, but knew we would need a thread LOL.

Between the new atty., Mason's other trial, JimL twitter, my head is spinning in confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by nums24 View Post
    I wonder if it has anything to do with this, you know a paying client versus a non-paying client:

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...ntil-next-year

<snipped>

Mason said within the next three weeks he wants to schedule depositions with House Speaker Dean Cannon, Senate President Mike Haridopolis and the current party leader John Thrasher.
    After that, Mason said they'll decide when or if they plan to depose Crist.
    Personally, I couldn't care less if Mason left JB, I don't see him as either a help or a hindrance to the case w/Casey.
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police

I'm going to guess that they are planning on announcing the newest member of the defense team.

I don't recall any press conferences to announce the other additions to the team, were there any?
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police

I don't recall any press conferences to announce the other additions to the team, were there any?
    No.

They did previously participate in a press conference where Brad Conway released pages of a document that the defense felt had been withheld from the public because those pages were favorable to Casey.

The only thing important enough that would require calling a press conference would be if they found Zanny. Otherwise, I couldn't care less about their rhetoric.

If an attorney is leaving, file a motion to withdraw. If one is joining the defense team, file a notice of appearance. We get the docs and we will figure it out. If this is to spin their new strategy and defame Yuri, save it for trial and present that BS story to the jury. I cannot think of a single reason the defense would need to call a press conference. If a gag order were in place, they couldn't, so....I'm thinking it can't be THAT important.

The only thing important enough that would require calling a press conference would be if they found Zanny. Otherwise, I couldn't care less about their rhetoric.

If an attorney is leaving, file a motion to withdraw. If one is joining the defense team, file a notice of appearance. We get the docs and we will figure it out. If this is to spin their new strategy and defame Yuri, save it for trial and present that BS story to the jury. I cannot think of a single reason the defense would need to call a press conference. If a gag order were in place, they couldn't, so....I'm thinking it can't be THAT important.

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE

Could it be...

...to announce a change of plea?

(Don't wake me please I'm having such a lovely dream)
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

Quote Originally Posted by 'Beach View Post

BBM
    Or a Plea Deal (IMO not happening)
    I believe this will be more spin and an attempt to defame and discredit Yuri.
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

Mostly, Baez made the announcements in the courtroom, IIRC. Usually before the required paperwork had been filed with the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Intermezzo View Post
    BBM
    Or a Plea Deal (IMO not happening)
    I believe this will be more spin and an attempt to defame and discredit Yuri.
    Toying around with Yuri's reputation and competence is a huge mistake for JB, he's not swaying any future jurors, imo he is repulsing them!
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police

Here we go again! Just more whinning to the public i suppose.

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast