Oprah to feature Kyron on Thursday 9/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynmaree

Reaction score
Kyron's parents will be flown to Chicago to tape a segment for the air date Thursday 9/16. It will feature Kyron and give national coverage to his story.

As someone with very intimate knowledge of the show and first hand exposure to the process and objective of such episodes, I feel VERY strongly that nothing but good can come from this. Oprah is a very influential person but more importantly she is generous and compassionate and will most certainly aid in getting Kyron's face and situation known to countless numbers of people.

I for one will be sure to set up the DVR and have a box of tissue on hand when I watch.

Thank you to Oprah for always defending the underdog and the helpless victim and to Kaine and Desiree for having the courage and perseverance to make the trip and do the show.

Prayers that this will be the turning point for this beautiful angel!

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/09/kyron_hormans_parents_kaine_ho.html

I guess they feel they have to do this, as time keeps passing by. But I fear that all that will come from it is another slew of "Kyron lookalikes" being reported across the country, causing more work for LE.

I guess they feel they have to do this, as time keeps passing by. But I fear that all that will come from it is another slew of "Kyron lookalikes" being reported across the country, causing more work for LE.

I guess thats one perspective however I am of the school that any avenue that may even remotely help is worth travelling down. Guess Im a "glass half full" person....

I guess thats one perspective however I am of the school that any avenue that may even remotely help is worth travelling down. Guess Im a "glass half full" person....

Thanks for the heads up, lyn... will set the TIVO.

It's great they can get the time off to do this show to get information out about Kyron. The irony of what would have happened if either had been able to attend the science fair. :(

Ooh, I bet Terri's hopping mad that Oprah doesn't want to interview her...I wonder if she's going to watch it somehow...

It's great they can get the time off to do this show to get information out about Kyron. The irony of what would have happened if either had been able to attend the science fair. :(

Can we NOT turn this into something negative please? Just because they weren't at the fair doesn't mean this whole thing is their fault. Being on Oprah can only be positive!

Yeah... if either had attended the science fair, this tragedy would have been averted. THAT DAY. But it would have happened, just not THAT DAY at Skyline.

Can we NOT turn this into something negative please? Just because they weren't at the fair doesn't mean this whole thing is their fault. Being on Oprah can only be positive!

I guess I don't know what you mean. I can only imagine they would rather not have to do Oprah. It's just going to be one of those moments in life they have, where they say to themselves, and I said to myself, "dangit....if only......" I can't imagine how it must feel to be placed into that spot. :(

Ooh, I bet Terri's hopping mad that Oprah doesn't want to interview her...I wonder if she's going to watch it somehow...

Actually, I would be willing to bet she was asked (even with her attorney), but her attorney said "no". Hopefully, Oprah will say if there was an invite or not.

Im sure they as parents in hindsight wish more than anything that they had been able or had the forethought to find a way to take time off and be at that science fair.

Im wondering how many of us as parents havent had to make those kinds of choices and struggle with the outcomes down the road. Thankfully, mine have never resulted in anything as life altering or catastrophic as this.

As an aside however, when Oprah comes a calling who says no???? Would any company, especially one as big as Intel or Desiree's place of employment that has been so supportive ever say they couldnt have time off to give national coverage to their missing son?

And...although Oprah doesnt pay people to appear on her show, she goes out of her way to make sure its not a financial hardship for anyone to be there.

There is a chance, even if it is remote, that this one episode could lead to the tip that blows this whole case wide open....it doesnt hurt to hope and it certainly is the right thing for the parent to do to at least try.

I wonder how many of us would have lamb basted Kaine and Desiree had MSM announced that they said no to the Oprah show so they didnt have to miss work???

Im all for playing devils advocate and looking at both sides of the story but sometimes I think we forget these people are the victims and there is a baby MISSING!

This is JMO and isnt directed at anyone in particular (please dont take offense Debs) just trying to paint a broad picture.

We seem to be on the same page lately and Im so gald you got to this before I did....thanks just isnt enough!

:dance:

Is there a parent alive who doesn't have regrets in childrearing?

I regret that one time I made my son go outside in the rain to retrieve his glasses from the trampoline. He slipped down in the driveway, got a nasty cut, had to have stitches. I thought I was teaching him a lesson about responsibility. Instead, he ended up in the ER and to this day has a scar on his knee that always causes me to feel remorse.

Every parent has regrets. Every parent can look to the past and say, "If only, on that day, I would have handled it differently."

Let the parent without regrets cast the first stone.

I guess I don't know what you mean. I can only imagine they would rather not have to do Oprah. It's just going to be one of those moments in life they have, where they say to themselves, and I said to myself, "dangit....if only......" I can't imagine how it must feel to be placed into that spot. :(

What I mean is that people don't have to consistently point out negative things about Kaine and Desiree, especially when there's a thread that is supposed to be positive. I know they are asking themselves that question everyday, but we don't need to smashed over the head with it. We can't sleuth them, and constantly suggesting they are evil or it's their fault is just not fair to them at all, and I mean for anyone to do that. It's like that old saying, if you can't say something nice...

Oprah is a good thing. They can get Kyron's story out even more. Maybe it will even help get him found in some way. That is what we are talking about, not Kaine and Desiree's regrets.

Actually, I would be willing to bet she was asked (even with her attorney), but her attorney said "no". Hopefully, Oprah will say if there was an invite or not.

I can almost guarantee that she was asked.

Although comlpletely unrelated, in my experience with the show, Oprah very vocally and more than once offered a "voice" to the opposing side of the issue. She even offered to go to him since (being imprisoned) he couldnt quite make it to Chicago.

I think it is wonderful that Kyron will be shown on Oprah. The more people that see HIM the better. I truly hope the person with the answers sees that show!
I would imagine that Oprah had invited all parents. Im sure TH's lawyer won't allow her any interviews. Perhaps she doesn't want to do any interviews anyways, she never did before she hired a lawyer.

Stop now. Get yourselves back on topic here.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114146"]Final Warning - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

There are a handful of people who insist on being snarky, argumentative, sarcastic, baiting, and more. This group is drawing almost everyone into their snarkiness. So therefore this warning is for every body.

This is going to stop. If it does not, you will be banned. I do not care who you are.

This post lands at random.

The only people I've ever heard say no to Oprah (and actually, according to Cindy, SHE cancelled on Oprah, not the other way around) is the Anthony's. And they looked like fools for doing that, too. Well, the way they turned her down made them look like fools. I'm sure Houze turned down Oprah quietly and nicely, you know, the way it's supposed to be done.

Anyway, I'm sure this will be nothing but positive. Are we doing a play by play on WS? Because I might not be able to watch it and quite possibly forget to tape it, lol.

snipped

There is a chance, even if it is remote, that this one episode could lead to the tip that blows this whole case wide open....it doesnt hurt to hope and it certainly is the right thing for the parent to do to at least try.
Thank you for letting us know about the appearance, and I agree with the potential value of such an appearance. I too hope it leads to the furtherance of this case.

What I mean is that people don't have to consistently point out negative things about Kaine and Desiree, especially when there's a thread that is supposed to be positive. I know they are asking themselves that question everyday, but we don't need to smashed over the head with it. We can't sleuth them, and constantly suggesting they are evil or it's their fault is just not fair to them at all, and I mean for anyone to do that. It's like that old saying, if you can't say something nice...

Oprah is a good thing. They can get Kyron's story out even more. Maybe it will even help get him found in some way. That is what we are talking about, not Kaine and Desiree's regrets.

With all due respect, I was merely stating an obvious horrible counter-choice that has to weigh heavily upon their hearts. Anything negative is being wrongly and quite hurtfully attached to my words of sadness for their having to do this. Goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes