Casey and Family Psych Profile #11

momtective

Lifetime WS Non-Mod
Reaction score
The following article is a very interesting read albeit long. I wonder if this just might be where the defense is headed with Casey...does she suffer from MPD? Could she possibly be Zanny, Juliette, Zach, etc. all rolled up into one Casey brain? Or is she possibly faking MPD?
I'm curious to hear your opinions about this and the possibility that Casey could possibly be suffering from MPD or the possibility that she and the defense are going to fake it.

Multiple Personalities: Crime and Defense
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/psychology/multiples/index.html

I have always thought the defense would go with something along these lines. In all reality, what else could they possibly say? I think this is why they have never really veered far from "Zanny" and have always let kc and the A's go on and on about all this that WE know is completely false. I think in the end, they're going to say "See, that's how crazy she is"

Great article, btw, Momtective!

This is akin to an insanity defense and I do not think they have a prayer with that fwiw.

If so, she better get faking it in those prison visits 'cause all I've ever seen is one personality.

MOO.

Thanks for the article Momtective! You asked:

I'm curious to hear your opinions about this and the possibility that Casey could possibly be suffering from MPD or the possibility that she and the defense are going to fake it.

No, I don't think that Casey is possibly suffering from MPD or DID. I'm not psychiatrist though. I think she probably has a lot of things going on up there in her head but MDP and/DID isn't one of them. JMHO.

Do I think that Casey would fake it, if given the chance. Sure. JMHO, she would fake anything to walk out of there more than likely.

Do I think the Defense would collude with Casey to present a fake mental illness as a defense? As little respect that I do have for Baez (and not because he is defending KC), taking part in this would be such an egregious breach of ethics I'm not sure he would actively participate in such a scheme. To do so and be found out would mean the end of his career choice would be the least of his worries.

Then also we would have to deeply consider if all Attn's now on board would be willing to collude, or how much work would it be to hide the truth of the matter from them?

IIRC didn't Baez say about KC's psych eval shortly after it was done that the eval showed "nothing wrong" or "no mental illness"? (I can't remember his exact words). TIA for anyone that remembers what Baez said because I sure can't!

ALL just speculation and moo.

If so, she better get faking it in those prison visits 'cause all I've ever seen is one personality.

MOO.

Do you think we would ever see the other personalities if indeed there are others? I ask this question on a serious note. If she does have MPD such as Sybil or Eve then maybe one personality would be dominant and keep the others in check so we would always see the personality that goes to court, while the personality that killed Caylee would be held at bay, prevented from emerging by the dominant personality...:waitasec:

I've been fascinated by this phenomenon ever since I watched "the three faces of Eve" way back when...lol...and I'm really thinking this could be what's up with Casey or what she would like for everyone to believe is up with her.

The movie Primal Fear also come to mind...

Plot
Martin Vail is a prominent defense attorney in Chicago who jumps at the chance to represent Aaron Stampler, a young, stuttering altar boy accused of murdering the Archbishop. At first interested primarily in the publicity that the case will bring, Vail comes to believe that his client is truly innocent, much to the chagrin of the prosecutor (and Vail's former lover), Janet Venable.

Vail discovers that powerful civic leaders, including the District Attorney, have lost millions in real estate investments due to a decision by the Archbishop not to develop certain church lands. The archbishop received numerous death threats as a result. He also learns that the archbishop had been sexually abusing altar boys, including Stampler.

Introducing this evidence, while it would make Stampler more sympathetic to the jury, would also give his client a motive for murder, something the prosecution otherwise has lacked.

The trial does not proceed well for the defense, as there is considerable evidence against Stampler and public opinion holds him almost certainly guilty. When Vail confronts his client and accuses him of having lied, Aaron breaks down and transforms into a new persona, a violent sociopath who calls himself "Roy." He confesses to the murder of the archbishop and throws Vail against the wall, injuring him.

When this incident is over, Aaron appears to have no recollection of it. Molly Arrington, the psychiatrist examining Aaron, is convinced he suffers from multiple personality disorder due to childhood abuse by his own father.[1] However, Vail cannot enter an insanity plea during an ongoing trial.

Vail sets up a confrontation in court. After Venable questions him harshly, Aaron turns into Roy and charges at her, threatening to snap her neck if anyone comes near him. Aaron is subdued by courthouse marshals and is rushed back to his cell. In light of Aaron's apparent insanity, the judge declares a mistrial, dismisses the jury and remands Aaron to a mental hospital.

Vail visits to tell him this news. Aaron says he recalls nothing of what happened in the courtroom, having again "lost time." However, just as Vail is leaving, Aaron asks him to "tell Ms. Venable I hope her neck is okay," which is not something that Aaron should have been able to remember if he had "lost time." Vail points this out, whereupon Stampler grins slyly and reveals that he has been pretending to be insane the whole time. But he didn't make up the identity of Roy, he made up Aaron.

Stampler now admits to having murdered the archbishop, as well as his girlfriend, Linda, whom the cleric also had molested. Stunned and disillusioned, Vail walks away, with Roy taunting him from the cell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primal_Fear_(film)

Had she not turned around in the hallway at Universal and said "I really don't work here" and found a desk and claimed it as hers I might consider she was loco, but IMO she is just a lying psychopath.

Hello WS :)

If she did have MPD, you would hope or think one of those personalities might be nicer, or smarter...or have cared one bit for Caylee. But, no I don't think that is Casey's problem(not that I have a degree or anything). I wouldn't put it past her defense team trying anything to get her free, though.

This whole case has made a mockery of our justice system. And you know what? It's not Casey doing it...it's the "officers of the court"!!! Our system is a joke, JB has shown us that.

:twocents:

That's one of my all time fav movies Momtective.

When I read the article in your OP, it gives a brief outline of why this particular mental illness is so hard to fake. Now don't get me wrong, KC IMHO has proven she's quite adept at lying (or at least in her mind she is), but I'm not quite sure she could carry this one off. Contrasting this particular case with the movie, I don't remember other attn's that assisted Gere's character. I honestly think if she wanted to perpetuate this faked mental illness she'd have to pull the wool over the eyes of more than just Baez.

Is it possible? Sure why not?

Do I think it's probable that KC will/or is faking this particular mental illness and has been capable of faking out all the other attn's and professionals associated so far with the defense? Not so much.

I have absolutely no clue where the defense is going with this but it better be a good one, I tell ya! Baez, stringing us along with the --once we go to trial and the truth comes out we will all understand. Bull Stinky. I already understand. She's accused of murdering her daughter Caylee. Since this is a crime forum and not a court of law I don't have to presume innocence in stating. She did it. :)

All moo

Oh wouldn't Cindy LOVE to have this come out in court. She can't handle Casey being called a bad mother. I think this would make her head spin. I would think MPD or any mental illness isn't allowed in that family.

I wouldn't believe it either. Like someone else said, I've only seen one personality. And that's all the jury is going to get to see. And since Casey is a horrible actress, she won't be able to demonstrate it to a courtroom and get any to believe that it's not fake.

I swear too that Baez was definitely NOT going with a mental defense, and I swear I heard at the beginning of the case. I guess he's going to do this, desperate times call for desperate measures.

IMO, No this would not work. Casey is in just one screwed up personality. She's a liar to say the very least, and knows when she's lying. I don't see a tortured soul, I see no soul.

I too see only one personality............a violent sociopath, and don't think the defense would try to go for MPD defense.

I do see the defense desperation though. The new attorneys brought on board today indicate the defense will only be attacking the prosecution's expert witnesses, and their real aim is in mitigation in the penalty phase of the trial. They're expecting a conviction and will be putting their efforts into mitigating circumstances in hope of LWOP instead of death.

Only one personality...ME, ME, ME.
Crying ICA...ME, ME, ME. I got caught.
Caylee...She was useful to ME, ME, ME when she was a baby. When she outgrew that usefulness I, I, I got rid of that "little snot head".

I wouldn't put it past Baez but I do not think that she actually suffers from MPD (unless as a matter of convenience after the fact). I also do not think that line of defense will be met with success.

MPD is very rare and Casey shows no sign of it. She has never complained of "blackout" periods, and there's no indication that she has ever acted "strangely" around people she knows. She had a psych evaluation when she first entered jail and no illness was found. I think MPD is a ridiculous stretch of the facts - I don't think even Jose Baez is foolish enough to even try this.

If she had MPD it would have been noticed by someone by now surely. I mean people would have come forward having known her as a different name/person at least. I just don't buy she has this. Isn't this what Roseanne Barr suffers from?

I think Baez can try any mental health defense he wants - I keep reading judicial reviews that say during the mitigation/penalty phase, the jury disregarded any claim of mental illness because it was was not debilitating.

In other words, if she could premeditate this crime, carry it out in a cold and calculating manner, and was aware enough of the consequences to continue to lie about who she left her daughter with and the whereabouts of her daughter, it doesn't matter if the defense claims she is as crazy as a bedbug. It's not going to fly.

If she had MPD it would have been noticed by someone by now surely. I mean people would have come forward having known her as a different name/person at least. I just don't buy she has this. Isn't this what Roseanne Barr suffers from?
I am wondering if MPD is the disease du jour? Wasn't it OCD before this?

I have never heard that about Roseanne Barr - really?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back