Thread: OH - AMBER ALERT: Ronald W. Root - 4 years old - Ottawa Hills - 13 Sept 2010

OH - AMBER ALERT: Ronald W. Root - 4 years old - Ottawa Hills - 13 Sept 2010

This is in Ottawa Hills, OH...right outside of Toledo. My area. My grandson lives in Ottawa Hills. I live 2 blocks away. The kidnapper is Mom who is off her meds and considered dangerous. He was taken off of Orchard Rd....(this is near I 475 and I 280) The vehicle is a Silver Subaru Legacy...no pic of boy or mother out yet. This happened at 6 PM LAST NIGHT and an Amber Alert just went out now?! WTH!? Couldve been looking last night!!

http://toledoblade.com/article/20100...WS16/100919820

this really makes me mad that it just went out now...somebody has really got to change these Amber Laws..they are far beyond frustrating sometimes!
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 09-14-2010 at 08:22 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jashrema For This Useful Post:

More info...

May be headed to Chicago or North Carolina. Plate number is EYD 7574

http://toledoblade.com/article/20100...WS16/100919820

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jashrema For This Useful Post:

The Ottawa Hills Police Department is investigating the abduction of four year old Ronald W. Root by his mother, Katrina (Jones) Root.

The pair have been missing since 6:00 pm Tuesday, 9/13/2010 from 2409 Orchard Rd., Ottawa Hills, Ohio.

Family members have stated that Katrina is delusional, has been diagnosed bipolar, and believes people are going to harm her. Katrina has not taken her psychotropic medications and family members have witnessed psychotic actions leading them to believe she may be a threat to herself and her child.

The family believes she may be on the way to the Chicago area or North Carolina.

Ronald W. Root description:

4 years of age
    White Male, Sandy Blonde Hair, Brown Eyes, 4' Tall, 90 lbs.
    Last seen wearing: red t-shirt with the Transformers on the front; khaki pants.
    SUSPECT: Katrina M. Jones (aka Katrina M. Root)

36 years of age
    White Female, Brown Hair, Green Eyes, 5'5" Tall, 130 lbs.
    Last seen wearing: yellow sun dress with a flower pattern; silver sandals
    VEHICLE: 2010 Subaru Legacy, silver in color, Ohio License Plate: EYD7574

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?se...cal&id=7667316

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jashrema For This Useful Post:

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/sep/...boy-ar-231773/

picture of mother here

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/loc...d.html?sid=102

Jones-Root is the non-custodial mother and has in the past threatened to harm the child and herself.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

bump for 1st page
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Thanks for the bump! I got this alert this afternoon from the media.
    Why did they wait so long? WTH.......... I hope they find them soon.

Family Abduction: RONALD ROOT (OH)

RONALD ROOT, Age Now: 4, Missing: 09/13/2010. Missing From OTTAWA HILLS, OH. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Ottawa Hills Police Department (Ohio) 1-419-531-4211.

More...

Missing Ottawa Hills boy, 4 found

http://toledoblade.com/article/20100...820/0/SPORTS11

Article published September 14, 2010
    BLADE STAFF

A missing Ottawa Hills boy, 4, believed kidnapped by his non-custodial mother, has been found. No other details are available at present time.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

fhc

Village Voice of Ottawa Hills

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ottawa...ls/59836910395

AMBER ALERT CANCELED -- Ronald Root and his mother, Katrina (Jones) Root have been found unharmed in Madison Heights, Mich. According to the OHPD, Mrs. Root has been taken into custody and the boy is being returned to his family.

29 minutes ago

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Great news!
    "LIGHTING THE WAY HOME"

OH happy day! What a blessing.....

YAY! I am still very unhappy that the Amber Alert didn't go out for almost 24 hours especially when the family stated she was exhibiting psychotic behavior.

Ottawa hills is a village of approx. 5,000 people within the city of Toledo. A somewhat, "ritzy", higher income area, with their own police department. When things happen there, they are usually NOT made public for whatever reason, to not tarnish the reputation of the village.

There was an ubsubstatiated rumor about 6 weeks ago that a 6 year old was walking along a road by the school there and was attempted to be lured into a car. Everyone was talking about it in the village, but there was absolutely NO press about it, no description was publicized, and this is only 20 miles from Monroe Michigan where Neveah Buchanan (whose killer remains at large) was kidnapped and murdered.

Now I know that this boy was a family abduction, but it still makes me wonder how many kidnappings could be prevented if EVERY attempt was made public! So the public is aware that hey...somebody just tried to lure a child into a car on such and such street, here's what the car looked like, etc....instead of not publicizing it because no actual crime took place. JMO of course, and am SO GLAD that this little one is safe and sound! Good ending!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jashrema For This Useful Post: