Casey Not Guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

butterfly1978

Reaction score
Last night as I was reading about the news conference today and all the speculation about what it could be about I started getting a little nervous and sick to my stomach, wondering what this BIG press conference was about my mind started thinking of all these different scenario's where KC would be found not guilty or walk away from this free. Its like with my friend who was murdered, we all know who did it, we all know he is guilty as hell, the police know he is guilty but there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it due to a technicality. Then I remembered the OJ trial, same situation there, 99% of people know he is guilty yet he walked away.

JB smirk makes me very nervous, its not that he is smart or even a good lawyer, but he is cunning and sneaky, combine that with KC's ability to lie and con and you have a pretty scary picture. My fear is that KC is going to walk or be found not guilty, because of some technicality, some dirt they dig up on someone or because the jury believes the lies or the spin. The defense has no defense and they know that or they would simply prepare their case and present it at trial. However I don't see them doing that, instead I see them either looking for away to have the case thrown out, dismissed, dropped or if it makes it to trial have KC found Not Guilty do to an error, or they somehow pull a Johnny Cochran, if the glove don't fit scenerio and she walks. I have watched SO many dateline shows, and other programs like it where they talk to the jury months or years later where they say if we would have known this or that, we would have found them guilty.

I honestly don't know if I could handle Casey being found not guilty. I think I would lose all hope for true justice in this world. This thread is for an open discussion about "If KC walked away free", how it would effect you, what you worry may keep justice from CAYLEE (I know the ultimate justice will never be in this world, but you get my point).

I certainly hear what you're saying - it scares me too. OTOH, why is JB keeping ICA behind bars for so long. It will almost be 3 years before she gets to trial! That's just insane to me. Even Simpson wanted a speedy trial, and it took 5-6 months to get him there. If I have to compare the cases, I think the OJ trial was far more complicated, yet lasted 9 months (the longest in jury trial in CA history).

But I'm holding out hope. California is quite liberal (look at Lindsey Lohan and our lack of jail space), while I consider Florida to be somewhat conservative (support for tradition and traditional values). It's also a Republican state due to social issues--specifically, abortion. In short, I don't think they take kindly to baby killers (as we saw on many news channels).

I live in CA, and watched the OJ circus. I think we're going to see an entirely different scenario with ICA. Just like we did with the Westerfield and Peterson cases.

Let's try not to worry and pray that justice is served.

Hugs,

Mel

Sorry, but quietly following this case for almost two years I would be completely disgusted to find ICA found not guilty. All things point to her being guilty. There is no action by her FAMILY to find a true guilty party and that speaks volumes to me. The defenses games are nothing but GAMES to me.

She didn't report until her mother forced the issue. Forensic reports on her car are damning. Pictures released of her activities during the time her daughter was "missing" are damning. After all this time, it only makes sense she was instrumental in the death of her daughter.

I have never followed a case like this. I have to say that a lot of my interest stems from the fact that my child is very close in age to what Caylee would have been and that breaks my heart. Especially since I am a single mom and face many struggles that Casey faced, but the way she chose to deal with it just boggles the mind.

I am also fascinated by the Sunshine laws and the availability of information in this case. That is what I base my opinion on - not media reports, not blogs, not even posts by the awesome members of this forum... The information in the doc dumps totally point at ICA's guilt and it makes me sick that it has drug on this long. I would be completely shocked to find anything that points to her innocence.

I still remember with great clarity the day Caylee's remains were found and it breaks my heart that this case is still being trivialized by the family, the courts and the media. Caylee deserves justice and I will stick around to see it happen.

Sorry, but quietly following this case for almost two years I would be completely disgusted to find ICA found not guilty. All things point to her being guilty. There is no action by her FAMILY to find a true guilty party and that speaks volumes to me. The defenses games are nothing but GAMES to me.

She didn't report until her mother forced the issue. Forensic reports on her car are damning. Pictures released of her activities during the time her daughter was "missing" are damning. After all this time, it only makes sense she was instrumental in the death of her daughter.

I have never followed a case like this. I have to say that a lot of my interest stems from the fact that my child is very close in age to what Caylee would have been and that breaks my heart. Especially since I am a single mom and face many struggles that Casey faced, but the way she chose to deal with it just boggles the mind.

I am also fascinated by the Sunshine laws and the availability of information in this case. That is what I base my opinion on - not media reports, not blogs, not even posts by the awesome members of this forum... The information in the doc dumps totally point at ICA's guilt and it makes me sick that it has drug on this long. I would be completely shocked to find anything that points to her innocence.

I still remember with great clarity the day Caylee's remains were found and it breaks my heart that this case is still being trivialized by the family, the courts and the media. Caylee deserves justice and I will stick around to see it happen.

Respectfully Quoted CuriousG :cool2:

:Welcome-12-june:

Thank you for your post! ITA.

I totally agree, there is thousands of pages that point to her guilt including the 31 days and not reporting Caylee missing and I 150% beleive she is guilty, and IMO the defence knows she is guilty and they don't have a defence so instead of trying to defend her they appear to be trying to pull a Johnny Cochran "if the glove don't fit you must aqquit", they are going after the air sample tests and that KC didn't have the car for a few days. Yuri is the Mark F of KC's case, and in OJ's case it was so obvious that he was guilty just like KC yet he walked free, yes karma's a bi**h but he still got away with murder. What if the defense team is able to pull this off, not because they are smarter but because they are completely the opposite they are crooked themselves, we have already seen that. Look at Henry Lee for example and his previous "misconducts"(phil S), he claimed to have found 17 additional hairs that LE missed (yeah sure he did). I just don't trust them and the things they do seem sneaky. I understand that they are defense lawyers, but they don't appear to be defending KC, it appears they are trying to pull something sneaky....
UGGG I get frustrated trying to explain what I'm feeling and the words dont come out right. I hope you get my point.

I totally agree, there is thousands of pages that point to her guilt including the 31 days and not reporting Caylee missing and I 150% beleive she is guilty, and IMO the defence knows she is guilty and they don't have a defence so instead of trying to defend her they appear to be trying to pull a Johnny Cochran "if the glove don't fit you must aqquit", they are going after the air sample tests and that KC didn't have the car for a few days. Yuri is the Mark F of KC's case, and in OJ's case it was so obvious that he was guilty just like KC yet he walked free, yes karma's a bi**h but he still got away with murder. What if the defense team is able to pull this off, not because they are smarter but because they are completely the opposite they are crooked themselves, we have already seen that. Look at Henry Lee for example and his previous "misconducts"(phil S), he claimed to have found 17 additional hairs that LE missed (yeah sure he did). I just don't trust them and the things they do seem sneaky. I understand that they are defense lawyers, but they don't appear to be defending KC, it appears they are trying to pull something sneaky....
UGGG I get frustrated trying to explain what I'm feeling and the words dont come out right. I hope you get my point.

Oh I get your point! The defense team should definitely be in politics. And what's this so called "dream team". Are they really trying to associate themselves with the OJ trial, and believing there will be a similar outcome?

They all make me cringe -- especially JB when he smirks :(

MOO

Mel

OJ had Barry Scheck get the jury all befuddled about the validity of DNA samples and their validity that he walked. I wonder what he would do with this case to get Casey off? DNA testing has progressed from then and the public's trust in it's findings to convict people are noteworthy. I wonder, if OJ went on trial today with the exact same samples and trust in DNA sampling, would he walk on his murder case. I think with the DNA sampling in ICA's case will be damning and she will fry. JMO

I certainly hope that she doesn't take a walk on the arm of Mason ~ Whew...

Aside from the very obvious that we have seen in the document dumps, the other thing that sticks out in my mind is that fact that not one of the Anthony's have ever made a plea for the real killer to be found.
Not once.

They have been very vocal in their lies {IMO} about their daughter's innocense, yet, at the same time, have never demanded that the true killer be found.
They can mumble under their breath that they don't think that LE followed anything other than Casey, but, if it were me, and I truely thought that my daughter was not the responsible party, I would be raising hell ~

Casey seems to be content sitting in jail {maybe she thinks that she can file a suit against the state of Florida "if" she walks}
George and Cindy have had numerous opportunities to plea for the person responsible to come forward, or be found.
To offer a reward.
Nothing.

That tells me a lot.
Sure, they have tried to sway LE to look at the Grund's, Roy Kronk, Amy and other's that were Casey's friends, but, those flew flat to the ground before the words had a chance to have a period placed at the end of the sentence/suggestion.

I think that the jury is going to wonder why so many attorneys have come and gone ~ Even putting aside the fact that there is no money to be had from any account that she had at one time.
That would make me wonder what the heck.
Andrea Lyon, who takes pride in winning and going the extra mile to save people from the death penalty - gone.

Terrance Lenneman, from Florida and probably better known to the citizens - gone in a flash. Would make me wonder.

There is just to much coming and going, and, that would p*ss me off - putting me on alert right off the bat at what are they trying to hide.
And, they'll get up there and start whipping out charts, trying to scramble the jurys minds with mumbo-jumbo and fast talking twisting of facts and flying over things.

The state is going to be very precise, use easy to understand terms and explanations, and will be to the point, IMO.
That will keep the jury pools attention.

I hope in the end that there is a conviction and this is laid to rest. And, if it is determined that other's were involved, be it family or otherwise, then, I hope that they are held responsible as well.

Cindy and George's "grieving" pass has long lapsed. I think the night they enjoyed crab cakes at the Ritz, pretty much tells me that their attention was not on the CSI inspecters crawling around in that swamp retrieving what was left of their grand daughter.

They all have many things to answer to and for ~ I hope it that warrents are served on them the day of Casey's conviction, and while she is removed in handcuffs out one door, her parents are handcuffed and led out another for their "coming to Jesus talk/interagation".
Not that they are gonna give anything up ~ They are flanked by attorney's in all the hearings.

I see your point Purple Iris but the thing is the jury will not see that the defense has gone through 500 lawyers before trial, they won't know that the Anthony's ate crab cakes at the Ritz the night Caylee was found, it may not be brought in about the party pictures or her other crimes and alot of the stuff we have seen in the document dumps wont ever make it to the court room....and those are the things that I have heard jurors say after the fact "If I had of known that than I would have voted diffrently". I have been watching this trial on INSESSION where this dad and mom overdosed thier daughter and she died the mom has already been found guilty but the jury is not allowed to know about the mom....
I don't even see why the courts are allowing RK ex wife to be deposed RK was never charged with anything angainst his ex and isn't even on trial.. they are pulling all these sneaky tactics and it makes me nervous because I have seen it work to many times.

Butterfly ~ I understand your concerns also; lots that I myself have had during this.

But, I keep going back to all the attorney's that Casey has had coming and going ~
To many cooks in the kitchen can ruin the soup....I hope that is something that the jury considers.
Why so many cooks???

Even if by some miracle they can trigger a mistrial ala OJ, she will never be not guilty in my book. FWIW. Until OJ got himself popped for the robbery and kidnapping stuff, he was a pariah. That would kill Casey who likes the limelight much like he does.

don't discount the power of common sense.
The jury will get the facts spelled out one at a time. They will hear the lies, hear/see the tapes, possibly smell the car, they will know Casey's actions, words, and they will see the patterns. The defense is trying this in the press now because they know they cannot combat the facts in the courtroom. I think they hope to fool enough people before it kicks into the court room. Casey is the her own worst witness. Think about the real details without this static. The 31 days, the numerous lies about where Caylee was, the sneaking around, the partying, the video store, the many nanny lies, it all makes sense if you break it down. The State will cover it all, the defense will try to fuzzy it back up and then the State will remind the jury of the facts. There's a reason the defense is pulling their stunts now....they have nothing to warp reality in the court room. Don't fall for the game, rememer the facts and remember that the State isn't in the press trying this case, they know they don't need to.Let Jose have his smirk moments, it's all he's got.

I do totally understand where you're coming from but having seen both the prosecutors and JB/CM in action, I have faith that the state will make their case much more clearly and consisely than the defence. The jury will be left in no doubt about who is responsible for Calee's death. Ashton appears to take his role and responsiblity to be Caylee's voice very seriously indeed.

ICA is no OJ....FWIW, allegedly, there is evidence that was planted,police misconduct, if there were jury tampering or a juror payoff, if the jurors were "star" struck, is what led to OJ's acquittal...IMO, he was guilty as heck, his hands showed cuts, he had proof he was in another state and yet, there he sits for Karma always comes through...JMHO

I do believe once the jury hears of this 31 day lapse in alerting authorities, the human decomp in ICA's vehicle, that LE were never able to find this alleged nanny, all the lies spun from ICA's own mouth, there will be little room for doubt of a "not guilty" verdict.
I just refuse to look down that road for I'd hate for Caylee to never receive justice. I feel, since this is a baby, once the jurors hear of all the evidence against her, the totality of it, not just one piece of evidence here or there, they will come together and find her guilty as charged. What I feel is, they will not give her a DP sentence but rather a LWOP for Caylee's death cannot be determined since she was skeltal when found. When Caylee was found, all evidence with her points right back to the Hopespring Drive home...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Last night as I was reading about the news conference today and all the speculation about what it could be about I started getting a little nervous and sick to my stomach, wondering what this BIG press conference was about my mind started thinking of all these different scenario's where KC would be found not guilty or walk away from this free. Its like with my friend who was murdered, we all know who did it, we all know he is guilty as hell, the police know he is guilty but there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it due to a technicality. Then I remembered the OJ trial, same situation there, 99% of people know he is guilty yet he walked away.

JB smirk makes me very nervous, its not that he is smart or even a good lawyer, but he is cunning and sneaky, combine that with KC's ability to lie and con and you have a pretty scary picture. My fear is that KC is going to walk or be found not guilty, because of some technicality, some dirt they dig up on someone or because the jury believes the lies or the spin. The defense has no defense and they know that or they would simply prepare their case and present it at trial. However I don't see them doing that, instead I see them either looking for away to have the case thrown out, dismissed, dropped or if it makes it to trial have KC found Not Guilty do to an error, or they somehow pull a Johnny Cochran, if the glove don't fit scenerio and she walks. I have watched SO many dateline shows, and other programs like it where they talk to the jury months or years later where they say if we would have known this or that, we would have found them guilty.

I honestly don't know if I could handle Casey being found not guilty. I think I would lose all hope for true justice in this world. This thread is for an open discussion about "If KC walked away free", how it would effect you, what you worry may keep justice from CAYLEE (I know the ultimate justice will never be in this world, but you get my point).

I have had the same thoughts and fears about her getting off scott-free too.
It may sound silly, but you know stranger things have happened. OJ. Phil Spector #1, etc. Certainly possible. I know I would lose all respect for the Justice system if it did happen.

abbie

Even if by some miracle they can trigger a mistrial ala OJ, she will never be not guilty in my book. FWIW. Until OJ got himself popped for the robbery and kidnapping stuff, he was a pariah. That would kill Casey who likes the limelight much like he does.
BBM
There was no "mistrial ala OJ." OJ was out-and-out acquitted of the murders in the criminal trial, and a wrongful death judgment was awarded in the civil trial. The OJ defense did not want a mistrial. They were pretty confident that LALE had left enough windows open in the case for them to crawl through to acquittal, and they were correct.

OJ had Barry Scheck get the jury all befuddled about the validity of DNA samples and their validity that he walked. I wonder what he would do with this case to get Casey off? DNA testing has progressed from then and the public's trust in it's findings to convict people are noteworthy. I wonder, if OJ went on trial today with the exact same samples and trust in DNA sampling, would he walk on his murder case. I think with the DNA sampling in ICA's case will be damning and she will fry. JMO

I think the answer is no, he might not have walked away-In fact, I believe that in his latest trial there was more room for reasonable doubt, yet the jury convicted him.
OJ's case was on the heels (only a few years after) of the Rodney King debacle/riots. Huge racial undertones to the case, and they were dealing with a beloved celebrity in OJ. Not the case here...the only thing a jury might be cynical about is the air samples, IMO, and I don't think the state needs to rely heavily on those given the rest of the circumstantial evidence-Including KC's own father pretty much confirming that he did smell a dead body in her car, said he put his nose right up to the stain in her trunk.
I don't see a scenario where any jury could find her not guilty-A hung jury, maybe, but I am doubting that as well. To me, the biggest let down will be that she will probably get life or less, and I am a proponent of the death penalty in this case.

I am a true believer in KARMA. "IF", and that is a BIG IF, ICA should be found not guilty for whatever reason, I know in my heart she will get back tenfold what she sowed.

I have often tried to put myself in the jurors shoes. The mere thought of sitting in that juror box and having to watch the smirks and the eye rolling of Baez would be sickening to say the least. The defense, each one of them, are not particularly impressive and come across very smug and over confident, not well organized and just plain BSers. I believe the jury will see right through the defense for what they are and ICA for the kind of person she has portrayed in her behavior.

I know it is a possibility ICA could be found not guilty, but in my heart, I don't believe that will happen. Those jurors will be Caylee's voice during this trial and there will be justice!

BBM
There was no "mistrial ala OJ." OJ was out-and-out acquitted of the murders in the criminal trial, and a wrongful death judgment was awarded in the civil trial. The OJ defense did not want a mistrial. They were pretty confident that LALE had left enough windows open in the case for them to crawl through to acquittal, and they were correct.

I actually had another case in there, Blagovich, before I changed it to OJ and I neglected to correct the whole sentence.

Thank you, yes you are correct that he was acquitted.

Oh I get your point! The defense team should definitely be in politics. And what's this so called "dream team". Are they really trying to associate themselves with the OJ trial, and believing there will be a similar outcome?

They all make me cringe -- especially JB when he smirks :(

MOO

Mel

They all liken themselves to celebrities ! Remember the shoes ? Cindy had to make it known she was donating shoes, not from a murdered child but from someone famous ! Casey thinks she is star.....Everyone forget this a tragic real life story of a little girl dead:banghead:

All of them out for their 15 minutes of fame. ....:furious:Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Charleyann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads