Identified! MN - New Brighton, Long Lake Park, Wht/NtvFem 35-45, UP4808, dental work, Sep'00 - Gail Marlene Johnson

10_0915_unidentified_corpse.jpg

It was 10 years ago that an unidentified corpse was found in New Brighton, Minn. Authorities released this facial reconstruction to try and determine the identity.

http://wcco.com/crime/new.brighton.body.2.1914123.html

Carmen M. Owens?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/owens_carmen.html

10_0915_unidentified_corpse.jpg
owens_carmen.jpg

She has a very similarly weak chin and her jawline angles similarly. From this photo, she may be a bit broader at the temples, but otherwise, the facial shape is fairly close.

She is from Shawano WI (275 miles from New Brighton MN, and "may have been heading to Minnesota" after her bus trip to Green Bay.

The nose looks more like Cales to me.

Is this UID listed anywhere with further information about height weight etc.?

Ten years ago, a couple stumbled upon a woman’s body in a Twin Cities park. Despite dozens hundreds of leads, police still can’t say who she was or who killed her. Now, a tiny clue just two centimeters long and crushed to near nothingness could help police finally crack a cold case.

“A lot of work over a lot of years, and we’re really no closer now than we were back then,” said Detective Gary Sykes with the New Brighton Police Department.

He remembers the 911 call that September 2000 afternoon. He investigated the case back then, and he’s still investigating it now.
The woman was found dead, likely murdered, Sykes said, in Long Lake Regional Park near Rush Lake. She was in a swampy area and Sykes believes she might have been there up to five years.

He’s compared her to some 350 missing women. He’s examined dental records and every other lead that’s come in. But now today, a decade later, he still doesn’t know who killed her. He doesn’t even know who she is.

“That’s what the crime scene looked like,” he said, as he showed WCCO’s James Schugel pictures of the scene and the woman’s body. “There was virtually nothing left of her — other than skin and bones.”

So decomposed, he’s got no fingerprints and very little physical evidence.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/02/08/new-dna-science-could-help-solve-new-brighton-cold-case/

I wear that exact brand and style of shoe for around the house in warm weather. They're mules -- easy to slip on and off -- so the fact they're 'tightly tied' doesn't mean much. They're sold through Payless and probably other budget shoe outlets as well.

Since the UID is listed in Namus, you would think they would update the case and enter the list of rule outs since they have looked at over 350 missing people for a match...

Ruleouts as of 21 June 2014:

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Lauren Andersen 1961 Minnesota
Carla Anderson 1964 Minnesota
Tamara Bradley 1963 Minnesota
Laurie Feiner 1962 Minnesota
Roseanna Forcum 1982 Minnesota
Denise Fraley 1952 Iowa
Jodi Huisentruit 1968 Iowa
Cindy Larson 1970 Minnesota
Amy Pagnac 1977 Minnesota
Cynthia Schmidt 1967 Minnesota
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Vicky Sundgaard 1963 Minnesota
Susan Swedell 1968 Minnesota
Nancy Tharp 1954 Minnesota
Virginia Tobkin 1955 Minnesota
Belinda VanLith 1957 Minnesota
Amber Wilde Unknown Wisconsin

I've never posted before, only lurked. What about this match?

Christine Brock
Missing from Ohio
Last seen 8/10/00
They both have right middle finger notations - fracture vs. scar

If they both have DNA submitted on NamUs would they auto match or rule out?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7943/7/

Either way, I sent an email to the contact, so I guess we'll see.

I heard back from Dr Butch Huston, who is assigned to the case, and Christine Brock is ruled out. No tattoo on the UID's hip. I figured it was a long shot, but she wasn't on the list of exclusions, but is now.

Since this one was found in my hometown, I'm going to keep trying!

Now that BEJD has been identified after nearly 35 years (Michelle Busha) lets hope our Jane Doe here may be next!

Five new names in addition to Christine Brock, who we knew about on the ruleouts list

https://identifyus.org/cases/4808 as of 18 March 2015

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Lauren Andersen 1961 Minnesota
Carla Anderson 1964 Minnesota
Mindy Arnett 1981 Michigan
Tamara Bradley 1963 Minnesota
Lorraine Brock Unknown Ohio (I assume this is Christine, because her middle name is Lorraine)
Laurie Feiner 1962 Minnesota
Roseanna Forcum 1982 Minnesota
Denise Fraley 1952 Iowa
Jodi Huisentruit 1968 Iowa
Deanna Joy 1973 Minnesota
Cindy Larson 1970 Minnesota
Penny Lease 1965 Illinois
Nhi Nguyen 1952 Washington
Amy Pagnac 1977 Minnesota
Cynthia Schmidt 1967 Minnesota
Vicky Sundgaard 1963 Minnesota
Susan Swedell 1968 Minnesota
Nancy Tharp 1954 Minnesota
Virginia Tobkin 1955 Minnesota
Belinda VanLith 1957 Minnesota
Amber Wilde Unknown Wisconsin

I did send an email to the New Brighton DPS asking for some clarification. I have a feeling the 35 - 45 is a typo? That's a pretty decent age range discrepancy especially when I see the case file on NamUs specifying t to be "pre-30."

:bump:

Bumping this thread. I've been going on walks through Long Lake Regional Park for the past 20-years, where this Jane Doe was found 15-years ago. Each time I see the area where her body was found I wonder who she was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back