Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NV - Thomas Steven Sanders, Murdered Suellen & Lexis Roberts, Las Vegas,9/4/2010

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    How sad is that? Still waiting to hear about Sanders' record, but doesn't it seem obvious that Suellen and Lexis are in danger?
    I'm curious about his record too. The fact that she hasn't contacted her Mom has me very concerned. Lexis would have been registered in school also.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Do we know if the park has a ticket stand? If so, surely LE has spoken to the person working there and has information on whether they left the park. Also, in the photo from the park video camera, it looks like Suellen is sitting in the backseat? Was it her car or his? Why would he be driving the car with Lexi in the front? Or am I just hallucinating (quite possible when nursing a newborn 24-7?

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bratislava For This Useful Post:

Bratislava if you go back to the video (commercial actually) of the park I posted on page one, it shows the entrance. I posted that vid so that we could see the first couple minutes (the rest of it is just the animals, while cute don't give us any info )

There appears to be several outbuildings and also what looks to be like a ticket booth as you drive in?

Have a look and tell me what you think? HTH

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

It's very frustrating to find no news on this case. I wonder if we even have Sanders name correct, even the spelling, as I've seen him listed as Thomas Steven, as Steve, as 'Spider'. Maybe the spelling is off. Though I did see a missing poster listing his DOB, so I guess LE knows who he is.

Mostly, I would like to know if there was any reason for LE to actually consider Suellen may have taken Lexie & run off to begin a new life. Without any evidence to indicate she has gone missing voluntarily, I am very concerned about her & her daughter.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mandy113 For This Useful Post:

ITA Mandy113, I'd also like to know if Sanders has any family out there. Where or who would this guy go to? How long had he been out west, what drew him there? If he did something to Suellen or Lexi or both, I doubt he would still be in the vehicle they were traveling in. Interesting that they have not spotted or found the vehicle yet.

Come on METRO, give us something to work with!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Knox ... I also tried doing some searches for Sanders last week but I didn't have DOB yet. Anyway, it looks like I hit upon some of the same info as you did. I'm very inexperienced with this type of searching & did not use anything but free site information so I didn't want to say anything. There are also some Sanders in AZ, specifically Phoenix IIRC, but I have no way of knowing if there's any connection to this Thomas Steven Sanders. Sanders is a relatively common name.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mandy113 For This Useful Post:

M-0342-CR-40183 THOMAS STEPHEN SANDERS DEFENDANT
    WILLIAMS, AZ 86046 Williams Municipal M-0342-TR-401150 THOMAS STEPHEN SANDERS DEFENDANT
    WILLIAMS, AZ 86046 Williams Municipal M-0342-CR-70141 THOMAS STEPHEN SANDERS DEFENDANT
    WILLIAMS, AZ 86046 Williams Municipal M-0342-CR-80171 THOMAS STEPHEN SANDERS DEFENDANT
    WILLIAMS, AZ 86046 Williams Municipal

These may be him Mandy, no DOB to identify for sure though and middle name is spelled differently than what the media has put out there.

You can find these cases on page 7 using the search link below with first name of Thomas. Most of the names can be excluded by looking at the DOB's (his is 07/1957). The search is for all available online AZ county/city courts (including Phoenix).

http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publ...aselookup.aspx

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

I wonder what is going on with this case?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Can't find any new info about Suellen & her daughter. This very brief article was published yesterday in the Arizona Daily Sun.

http://azdailysun.com/news/local/cri...cc4c03286.html

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mandy113 For This Useful Post:

Sanders last used his phone on Sept. 5. Roberts last used her phone on Sept. 5, which placed them about 18 miles north of Williams.

http://azdailysun.com/news/local/cri...cc4c03286.html

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Does it look like they may have possibly been traveling north on 64?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Does it look like they may have possibly been traveling north on 64?
    64 is the way I thought they would go to the Grand Canyon. Here is the map again for reference.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...87204&t=h&z=10

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    64 is the way I thought they would go to the Grand Canyon. Here is the map again for reference.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...87204&t=h&z=10
    Thanks Ruby!

Looks like a good area of that road is remote desert. JMHO. (with a lot of turn off roads that aren't named that I can see).

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

They both last used their phones on Sept. 5 and were 18 miles north of Williams. So a few things could have happened.

1) A car accident and vehicle hasn't been found.

2) Something criminal happened by someone else.

3) Sanders harmed Suellen and Lexis.

4) Sanders harmed Suellen and took off with Lexis.

5) They left to start a life together and for unknown reasons are not telling family.

What do others think happened? Any ideas?

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

It appears at least through Sunday the 5th, their trip was going as planned. I do not know that area at all, so I'm wondering if they could have become lost. Perhaps they couldn't make it back to the main road due to car trouble, ran out of gas, etc. I also wonder what cell phone coverage is like in those areas. I would assume there are "dead" areas so perhaps they were unable to call for help.

RubyRed has listed all the other possibilities I've thought about. Unless they really did run off to begin a new life, I don't have good feelings for a positive resolution to this case.

(Also they were driving a newer model vehicle. Would GPS be standard equip? Just throwing it out there ... I'm unfamiliar with how this technology works too)
    Last edited by Mandy113; 09-23-2010 at 05:26 PM.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mandy113 For This Useful Post:

silver 2001 Kia Spectra with Nevada license plate 153 UCR.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13155809

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Ruby. I must have read the vehicle description wrong in the reports. I thought it was a newer model.

If Sanders was going to do something to Suellen & Lexie, it could have happened anytime during that trip. We don't know what his record is for. It does look like everything was going as planned. I'm leaning towards some kind of accident now.

I wish they'd release more information.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mandy113 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy113 View Post
    Thanks Ruby. I must have read the vehicle description wrong in the reports. I thought it was a newer model.

If Sanders was going to do something to Suellen & Lexie, it could have happened anytime during that trip. We don't know what his record is for. It does look like everything was going as planned. I'm leaning towards some kind of accident now.

I wish they'd release more information.
    It does seem like it was going as planned. I wonder if family is going to travel the road they were on and look for a possible accident? It is worth a try.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

It does sound as if they may have been in an accident.

Still waiting for news on "Spider's" criminal record.
    ~~~Cynical Optimist~~~

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    They both last used their phones on Sept. 5 and were 18 miles north of Williams. So a few things could have happened.

1) A car accident and vehicle hasn't been found.

2) Something criminal happened by someone else.

3) Sanders harmed Suellen and Lexis.

4) Sanders harmed Suellen and took off with Lexis.

5) They left to start a life together and for unknown reasons are not telling family.

What do others think happened? Any ideas?
    I'm still at a loss. All of the above are open IMHO until we get more details.

About the accident scenario, they might have made a stop that was on the spur of the moment. I don't know what the weather has been there during the time frame that they were reported to have been missing but that area of the SW can be an extreme environment and if someone is unprepared and had an accident or car trouble they could easily become endangered from the heat quickly.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Sep. 23, 2010
    Copyright Las Vegas Review-Journal

No leads on Las Vegas woman, daughter missing in Arizona

By MIKE BLASKY
    LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL Police still have no information about a Las Vegas woman and her 12-year-old daughter who went missing in Arizona earlier this month.
    Suellen Roberts, 31, and her daughter, Lexis, were last seen at the Bearizona Drive-Thru Wildlife Park in Williams, Ariz., on Sept. 4, according to the Coconino County sheriff's office. Williams is about 200 miles southeast of Las Vegas.

Thomas Steven Sanders, 53, also known as "Spider," accompanied Roberts on the planned trip to Arizona. Police said Roberts and Sanders met at a storage facility in Las Vegas, where they both worked. Sanders also is missing.

According to records, Sanders and Roberts made cell phone calls on Sept. 5, placing them 18 miles north of Williams.
    All phone activity has stopped .

Las Vegas police Lt. Rob Lundquist said that the Coconino County sheriff's office is handling the primary investigation and that his unit was assisting.
    Thought we might have some news, disappointed that there is nothing new. Does it seem as if LE is not taking this case seriously?
    http://www.lvrj.com/news/no-leads-on...4.html?ref=824

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

NCMEC POSTER - http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

According to this, Thomas Sanders' date of birth is July 12, 1957.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

hello all new member, I actually know Suellen and her daughter, been friends since 2001 when we worked together, and I am deeply concerned about them. Has anyone been able to find what charges the guys had in the past? Its not like her to up and disappear, hoping for the best and can not stop thinking about it. Does anyone have any updates cause the news isnt telling me much???

46. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to brianh78 For This Useful Post:

Welcome to WS Brianh78. The only updates I've seen are the same news links posted here. I don't believe there is any more info known about Sanders record.

I have been wondering how seriously LE is taking this case. In the first article I read, it mentioned the possibility of them running off to begin a new life together. Though it's curious they also mentioned Sanders has a record.

I don't think Suellen & Lexie just ran off. I'm very concerned for them. Without any other info to go on, anything could have happened.

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mandy113 For This Useful Post:

I cannot find any record for Sanders (and have looked fairly hard). Does anybody know if he has lived in any place other than Nevada - I am coming up blank. He is not a RSO as near as I can see... so am wondering what other records he has.

Coming up empty here.

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast