Casey Anthony jury in for tough schedule

cyberborg

Seeking Justice for Victims
Reaction score
Casey Anthony jury in for tough schedule

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/september/151290/Casey-Anthony-jury-in-for-tough-schedule

<snipped>

"Two months away from home and sequestered. No phone, no computer, no television, no contact with family, and not to work -- that's a tough deal," Mason said.

Fischer agrees it'll be a tough job for anyone. He says having to sit in court for five long days and then Saturday too could be a double-edged sword.

"You're going to end with an unhappy jury panel. It could be an issue,” he said. “It's going to be lengthy and there are just some things you can't cut out"

Sounds to me like a not so veiled attempt by CM and the Defense to sway popular opinion towards moving the trial and allowing the Jury to be local.

If the Jury is sequestered they are sequestered whether local or a county or two away. I don't think that they will have that big a problem finding and seating a Jury for ICA. It'll be harder to stop someone with an agenda inserting themselves onto the Jury.

It is most important for the Prosecution not to drag it on too long than anything. Duration versus location.

What do you think?

A sequestered jury will still be under the same restrictions regardless of being in Orange County or the one where the jury is seated.

The overall costs with the infinite Witness list prove Orange County to be the best choice from a fiscal perspective.

IMO....the comments by Cheney were made in an effort to taint the possible jury pool.

A sequestered jury will still be under the same restrictions regardless of being in Orange County or the one where the jury is seated.

The overall costs with the infinite Witness list prove Orange County to be the best choice from a fiscal perspective.

IMO....the comments by Cheney were made in an effort to taint the possible jury pool.

RBBM and well said in its entirety, SOTS.

During voir dire, potential jurors will be made well aware of the demands of sequestration. Those who can serve, will. I can conceptualize no good reason for CM to make these statements unless he is indeed trying to taint the pool.

And I also agree with cyberborg, that the difficulty lies more in ensuring that no juror w/an agenda gets empanelled, than in sequestering a jury, no matter where.

Query: CM says "no contact with family." Is that a certainty? Surely this issue has arisen before in high profile cases. Will there be NO contact with family, or would limited/moderated contact be possible?

Sounds to me like a not so veiled attempt by CM and the Defense to sway popular opinion towards moving the trial and allowing the Jury to be local.

If the Jury is sequestered they are sequestered whether local or a county or two away. I don't think that they will have that big a problem finding and seating a Jury for ICA. It'll be harder to stop someone with an agenda inserting themselves onto the Jury.

It is most important for the Prosecution not to drag it on too long than anything. Duration versus location.

What do you think?

If I were chosen for a jury that was to be sequestered, I'd be happy as a clam to work 5 1/2 days a week. What else are you going to do? No TV, a limited selection of movies, no Internet, no magazines, only an abbreviated selection of books, no chatting with the family. A motel in Tallahassee is no better or worse than a motel in Orlando if you're stuck in your room. I'd welcome the chance to move the trial along at a decent clip and get done as soon as possible.

BBM
So are jurors now considered "prey"???

Early in the video, CM stated that the sequestration would make it nearly impossible to find someone that could manage the requirements.

Yet by the end of the video he didn't see it being an issue for retirees.

Can the man not remain consistent through the same video????

Perhaps a savvy attorney could join their team roster. Representing the defense against whiplash and neck injury cases could prove rather profitable.

BBM
So are jurors now considered "prey"???

Early in the video, CM stated that the sequestration would make it nearly impossible to find someone that could manage the requirements.

Yet by the end of the video he didn't see it being an issue for retirees.

Can the man not remain consistent through the same video????

Perhaps a savvy attorney could join their team roster. Representing the defense against whiplash and neck injury cases could prove rather profitable.

I truly hope the Greer case pulls him away. Half the time I can't understand him when he speaks. The other half either leaves me :banghead: or :furious:!

As far as the location.....it is not the jurors that create an issue. It is the enormous witness list. THe vast majority of the witnesses are in the Orlando / Central Florida area. It is just not feasible to bring EVERYONE somewhere else.

Query: CM says "no contact with family." Is that a certainty? Surely this issue has arisen before in high profile cases. Will there be NO contact with family, or would limited/moderated contact be possible?

iirc Judge Perry said something about driving them back to their home county. Perhaps on weekends???
But that may not be the case when the trial starts. I don't know..we shall see.

Ridiculous. I still stand by what I said months ago.

Call me. I'll do it. I can, and I will. My job will hold for me, I don't have kids, I need a break from home, and I'd consider it my duty as an American, and an honor to be trusted with the job.

And I hardly think I'm special. Nobody can convince me that there aren't a thousand people like me within any 100 mile radius, and they only need 12.

Spin it all you want, DJ Chaney M. Won't matter a hill of beans.

At this point in the circus...I can't imagine anyone wanting to be on this jury unless for financial gain...or...will they actually find people who want justice for Caylee? But then, those people would be rejected by the defense. So, then, we have those who would want justice for KC. What people would those be?

At this point in the circus...I can't imagine anyone wanting to be on this jury unless for financial gain...or...will they actually find people who want justice for Caylee? But then, those people would be rejected by the defense. So, then, we have those who would want justice for KC. What people would those be?

During a trial the jury is not allowed to be filmed by the media or even approached by anyone. Not sure how it's done in Florida but where I live jury members are given large badges on a lanyard that state JURY MEMBER. The judge instructs you to put it on before you get out of your car to enter the courthouse, then not to take it off until you are back in your car. The judge also instructs you to inform a bailiff immediately if anyone tries to talk to you. You're also told after the trial the media may request to talk to you but you can refuse.

I would serve in a heartbeat and not for any financial gain or fame. I've served on two juries in my current county and considered it an honor, a duty and a privelege for being a citizen of the United States. I would like to believe most American citizens feel the same way.

During a trial the jury is not allowed to filmed the media or even approached by anyone. Not sure how it's done in Florida but where I live jury members are given large badges on a lanyard that state JURY MEMBER. The judge instructs you to put it on before you get out of your car to enter the courthouse, never take it off until you are back in your car. The judge also instructs you to inform a bailiff immediately if anyone tries to talk to you. You're also told after the trial the media may request to talk to you but you can refuse.

I would serve in a heartbeat and not for any financial gain or fame. I've served on two juries in my current county and considered it an honor, a duty and a privelege for being citizen of the United States. I would like to believe most American citizens feel the same way.

I, too, would serve in a heartbeat..for no other reason than it is my duty as an American....but would be afraid that my posts on this forum would automatically disqualify me...

Hunting for jurors.......... why do I have visions of Elmer Fudd sneaking around "hunting for wabbits"? Would that be the same wabbit that they hope to pull out of a hat?????????

The trial has to be local in Orlando because the Jury need to take the coach trip to visit ICA's car and take a look (smell) of the trunk and visit the dump site at Suburban.

If you want any sensory aid (visual and smell) to place yourself inside the case, to also understand what ICA was doing/dealing with and, whether the trunk smells of decomposition or not.... here you go!

Here's your sign ... ICA's car.

Call me. I'll do it. I can, and I will. My job will hold for me, I don't have kids, I need a break from home, and I'd consider it my duty as an American, and an honor to be trusted with the job.

And I hardly think I'm special. Nobody can convince me that there aren't a thousand people like me within any 100 mile radius, and they only need 12.

I'm with you, Gnat. Call me, I'll do it too.

I'm from NW Florida (that's my home of residence for legal purposes). So, with me and Gnat, they only need 10 more. :waitasec: There ya go, Mr. Mason!

I know in my area, very few are familiar with the case (many don't have computers) so it wouldn't be hard to find a jury there.

While I don't believe she is innocent, I do believe I could be impartial. The State would have to prove to me that Casey is guilty for me to convict. I do believe she will end up with LWOP though.

I'm one of the few that wouldn't have convicted OJ on the double murder charges based on the prosecutions case. Did I believe he was guilty? Yes, of something related to the crime. After I read his book, I lean more towards his guilt.

I'm with you, Gnat. Call me, I'll do it too.

I'm from NW Florida (that's my home of residence for legal purposes). So, with me and Gnat, they only need 10 more. :waitasec: There ya go, Mr. Mason!

I know in my area, very few are familiar with the case (many don't have computers) so it wouldn't be hard to find a jury there.

While I don't believe she is innocent, I do believe I could be impartial. The State would have to prove to me that Casey is guilty for me to convict. I do believe she will end up with LWOP though.

I'm one of the few that wouldn't have convicted OJ on the double murder charges based on the prosecutions case. Did I believe he was guilty? Yes, of something related to the crime. After I read his book, I lean more towards his guilt.

I'm one county over...add me to the list willing, I believe I can be impartial as well!

9 more to go Mr. Cheney...

The good ol' boys leading the defense mentality has sorely under-estimated the fine folks in Florida.

Those individuals between the ages of 18-40 will not buy ICAs story. Especially after ICAs 31 days of party-hardy, looking for her daughter in bars and under bedspread covers.

People over 40 clearly will relate to a 22 year old lying to the parents, to LE/FBI to everyone about Caylees whereabouts. They will relate to the lies about ICAs lack of employment, stealing from friends, sleeping around with different men at the same time.

Neither group will relate or believe 31 days. Now matter what story JB finally explains to them. Both groups will however, during the penalty phase, have a touch of sorrow for ICA when the mitigation comes to light regarding CA and how ICA suffered under her control.

Both groups will cry hearing and seeing Dr. G giving testimony and seeing the autopsy photos of a beautiful almost three year old toddler named Caylee.

I don't see where there is anything JB can say prior to jury selection that will influence a citizen of Florida to NOT serve on this or any murder trial.

The good ol' boys leading the defense mentality has sorely under-estimated the fine folks in Florida.

Those individuals between the ages of 18-40 will not buy ICAs story. Especially after ICAs 31 days of party-hardy, looking for her daughter in bars and under bedspread covers.

People over 40 clearly will relate to a 22 year old lying to the parents, to LE/FBI to everyone about Caylees whereabouts. They will relate to the lies about ICAs lack of employment, stealing from friends, sleeping around with different men at the same time.

Neither group will relate or believe 31 days. Now matter what story JB finally explains to them. Both groups will however, during the penalty phase, have a touch of sorrow for ICA when the mitigation comes to light regarding CA and how ICA suffered under her control.

Both groups will cry hearing and seeing Dr. G giving testimony and seeing the autopsy photos of a beautiful almost three year old toddler named Caylee.

I don't see where there is anything JB can say prior to jury selection that will influence a citizen of Florida to NOT serve on this or any murder trial.

I'm not so sure the over 40 group will be at all sensitive to the stories "control" over ICA - especially those over 60 who came from childhoods where "children were seen and not heard" and there were some pretty tight controls on what young women could and could not do. Anyone who is over 50 has been raised by parents born in the 30's. 40's or 50's, who have a whole different view of what young people should and should not do. I don't think they will be sensitive since some of them had to leave school to work and help support their families, and certainly had none of the advantages ICA did. Many had extremely strict parents who would have thought the way CA handled ICA was a cakewalk.

So I can't agree with you on this one - IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back