WI - Prosecutor 'sexted' abuse victim, Chilton, 2010

nervous_nellie

Carpe Noctem
Reaction score
http://www.mediacomtoday.com/news/r...I8GVH00@news.ap.org>&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS

APNewsBreak: Wis. prosecutor 'sexted' abuse victim

CHILTON, Wis. (AP) — A prominent Wisconsin district attorney sent repeated text messages trying to spark an affair with a domestic abuse victim while he was prosecuting her ex-boyfriend, a police report shows.

The 26-year-old woman complained last year to police after receiving 30 texts from Calumet County District Attorney Kenneth Kratz in three days, according to the report obtained by The Associated Press.

"Are you the kind of girl that likes secret contact with an older married elected DA ... the riskier the better?" Kratz, 50, wrote in a message to Stephanie Van Groll in October 2009. In another, he wrote: "I would not expect you to be the other woman. I would want you to be so hot and treat me so well that you'd be THE woman! R U that good?"

WTH???

Sick. There are a lot of bad apple district attorneys out there.

I was coming here to post this.

In my mind, this it what makes this guy's behavior absolutely, totally unacceptable:
Van Groll told police in Kaukauna, Wis., where she lived, that she felt pressured to have a relationship with Kratz or he would drop charges against her ex-boyfriend.
(from the same article).

Kratz acknowledges that he sent the texts.

He's up for reelection in 2012. Hoping someone in Calumet County gets a recall petition going before then.

This guy should be taken out of office NOW and prosecuted! This is beyond, beyond!! It's hard enough to fight an abuser, let alone to get threatened and harassed. What an idjit!!

EEEEWWwwwwww!

I hope his wife gets tested for STDs then divorces his slimy butt!

I wonder how many other crime victims he has taken advantage of. If that's what turns him on, he has probably been treating his wife like scum thruout the marriage.

One thing I have learned the hard way; never trust the man who appears to be perfectly handsome, charming, generous, smart and successful. As soon as he has you in his clutches, he will use you to make himself look good and treat you like garbage until you have no self esteem left. :sick:

My understanding is they filed for divorce in December. This guy should be run out of town on a rail. What an egotistical jack*ss.

He's worried about how this will affect him professionally? What about his concern for the victim? He needs to resign now and he needs to be disbarred.

I hope this story is printed far and wide. It is only when these pigs are outed that they stop (hopefully) their egregious behavior. I can't believe the things he texted to this woman he did not know. And he's concerned for his reputation? He should be. His reputation should be in tatters because that is what he deserves. All the years he has been a so-called crime victim advocate are now in the toilet as he has been shown as the jerk he really is.

This guy is SICK. Not only was she a victim of abuse once, this jerk DA went and abused her again. He should be out of there. He can't be trusted and is in NO WAY a victims' advocate, as prosecutors should be.

He's a predator. He knew she was vulnerable and a victim of a crime, and he took advantage of that.
What is wrong with the Wisconsin regulatory system? No crime has been committed? Huh? Wasn't he sexually harassing her?
All he got was a censure?

Ten to one this is not the first time he has done this. Hope other women come forward.

I don't believe for a second that is the first time he has done something like that. He was way too comfortable going about it. He has probably done this many times. I, too, hope that other women will come forward.

Holy inappropriate batman!

For shame.

it's fascinating to me that my first thought it to call him no better than an animal when the truth is, animals typically treat one another much better than some humans treat others.

but predator is more like it. definitely hunted for wounded victims. sick.

Snipped from article above:

The bureau within the state Justice Department which oversees attorneys did not reprimand Kratz, a Republican who’s up for reelection in two years. “We’re still taking look at that,” said Gibard. “It’s possible that it should have been handled more thoroughly.”
Gee, YA THINK???Sounds like some major housecleaning is in order in Wisconsin!

Milwaukee Journal calls on Kratz to resign:http://www.jsonline.com/news/opinion/103090524.html

"Crossing the Line"

A prosecutor who sent sexually suggestive text messages to a woman as he was prosecuting her ex-boyfriend should have known better.
Sept. 16, 2010 |

Kenneth R. Kratz has to go.

The Calumet County district attorney either needs to resign or be recalled after sending sexually suggestive text messages to a domestic violence victim while he was prosecuting the woman's ex-boyfriend.

If he refuses to quit, voters should petition for a recall election to remove him from office. He has proven himself unfit for the job.

I think it is the very height of ignorance and egotism that he refuses to resign. I am very angry about this. How dare he victimize a victim! And the ego is just huge! Just another drain on society taking advantage of anyone he deems lesser than himself.

I think his text messages speak for themselves. He can try to spin it all he wants, but his texts were crystal clear. I'm not allowed to say what I actually think of him, so just fill in the blanks.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back