2010.09.15 - Levi Page Show - Pat Brown weighs in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Reaction score
Tonight @ 9 PM ET Criminal Profiler Pat Brown will give her thoughts on the latest in the Kyron Horman case!

If you have a question for Pat Brown call: 347-838-9781 and I'll put you on the air!

Listen to the show live here: http://tinyurl.com/2aruvbf

Thank you Levi!!! I also mentioned the show on our presser thread! I'll be listening!

Folks, feel free to ask questions you'd like answered on Levi's show tonight here!

Uh tell me Pat did not just say Terri did the right thing when you commit a crime( by staying out of spot light not speaking) THERE IS NEVER a right thing when you commit this such of a crime except admitting and turning yourself in.

I missed the show...........any one share what was all said???

Pat Brown said she thinks the purpose of the presser was to let the public know that they are zoned in on Terri Horman and are not focusing on a sex ring, and are not focusing on a stranger and all these weird theories.

She also gave an interesting hypothesis of what she thought the Sheriff meant when he said "We learned things we wish we didn't."

If you missed the show, you can always listen to the replay at the link above.

I had an emergency and had to leave. Listening now and hearing Pat saying that LE knows what they are looking at and the new task force is honing in on TH. Pat says there is clearly a person of interest and that is TH.

The problem is that if TH did this crime, she did the right thing by doing it all on her own. If no one saw her make Kyron disappear, then LE has a problem. If there is no blood, there is no evidence. If she drove him out somewhere and eliminated him there, they need more evidence. They can't go to court and say "we think", the jury wants proof.

In the Venus Stewart case, the perp left bread crumbs. If TH did this, there don't seem to be bread crumbs. They have a problem in this case.

Pat says they need to put a look out to every hunter, walker and hiker to keep their eyes out for Kyron. Usually this is how a body is found when the perp went off road to eliminate somebody. If someone drives in the mountains they put in a ravine, but this area is fairly flat and the body will probably be found at some point. TH couldn't take a body that far off the road because she is a woman. It is a remote area, but not that remote. He is probably not that far off the road.

Oregon weather isn't brutal and it is just a matter of time. Winter may come and go but a body would still remain. LE will have to prove how the body got there and what happened to the body. This is going to be a difficult case unless someone helped her out and got rid of evidence or something happened like little baby Gabriel's case.

Pat thinks it is hard to believe that TH is not still a suspect. LE may have removed some ideas they had from around TH, but they are still looking at TH. Significant movement in the case (per LE) is a good question per Pat. Maybe someone in the GJ gave information that gave them information is what we can hope for. It is hard to imagine what LE's significant movement could be. Or maybe LE just wants the perp to "think" they have significant movement.

Scaling back needs to be explained so we don't think they aren't looking anymore. And they may want to take pressure off themselves. They know what they know, but they don't have enough to take to the prosecution right now. They don't want a million more theories when they know what happened and are just gathering evidence.

Levi wants to know why we have to read between the lines with what LE is saying. Pat says some police depts. are more secretive than others. Pat was impressed they put out TH's pic and the van.

Pat said unless her lawyer ropes her in, she may just say something to someone that helps the case. Levi says she's very into herself and Pat says she's pretty high on the narcissism list and when her lawyer tells her to shut up it will be hard to give all that up to sit in your house by yourself with a muzzle on. LE might be hoping she can't keep quiet and step across the line.

Pat thinks LE heard things about the relationship between Kyron and TH is very sad or that LE might have some information about what really happened to Kyron and it upsets LE. Sometimes people allude to things in certain ways that might have painted a picture to LE.

Pat thinks TH didn't want to show Kyron off to people because he wasn't that important to her.

Pat says TH fits the profile of someone who could commit this crime against Kyron. She is narcisstic, she's moving on with her life as if he didn't matter, Kyron wasn't important to her. When a child goes missing and you know they are dead, it is annoying people keep looking and want everyone else to please move on. That's how they think.

THIS IS NOT A TRANSCRIPTION - THIS IS JUST ME HIGHLIGHTING WHAT WAS SAID ON THE SHOW. PLEASE LISTEN FOR YOURSELF TO GET THE ACTUAL DISCUSSION.

Levi wants to know why we have to read between the lines with what LE is saying. Pat says some police depts. are more secretive than others. Pat was impressed they put out TH's pic and the van.

hi kimster...am i missing something here...there was "Van" involved....???

:eek: I don't remember if they said van or if I had a typo! I know they meant truck IF they said van though. I may have typo'd it. I was typing as I was listening!

Thank you for pointing that out! :blowkiss:

:eek: I don't remember if they said van or if I had a typo! I know they meant truck IF they said van though. I may have typo'd it. I was typing as I was listening!

Thank you for pointing that out! :blowkiss:

I understand. Thanks for transcribing this as you did...! Oh by the way, hope everything is ok with ya...

hi kimster...am i missing something here...there was "Van" involved....???

I think Pat is talking about the flier with the white truck and the pictures of Terri and DeDe.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100392859.html

100810_photo_flier_320.jpg

Thanks to Kimster for letting us know what Pat Brown said!!! That made me feel better after reading so many dark and scary theories today.

Levi said:
Pat Brown said she thinks the purpose of the presser was to let the public know that they are zoned in on Terri Horman and are not focusing on a sex ring, and are not focusing on a stranger and all these weird theories.

She also gave an interesting hypothesis of what she thought the Sheriff meant when he said "We learned things we wish we didn't."

If Pat Brown thinks that is true, I wonder why so many people are taking the press conference the opposite way? :waitasec: Suddenly we have threads here about sex rings, illegal immigrants, and foreign orphanages! My head is spinning and I feel kinda sick now.

Pat Brown called theories other than Terri "weird theories"? Can you clarify please, Levi?

ETA: I think the purpose of the presser was because what Staton said in the morning meeting was published in the press, and it was a surprise, and he had to publicly account for it. I believe he intimated as such, when he made the "only two words" statement.

How did PB determine that Terri was alone in it? DY and KH seem to be convinced that she had help and LE has shared some information or questions that seem to imply they were looking at some other people besides Terri.

How did PB determine that Terri was alone in it? DY and KH seem to be convinced that she had help and LE has shared some information or questions that seem to imply they were looking at some other people besides Terri.

She was making a speculation. She was talking about how if she acted alone, the case will be a LOT harder to solve, as in Gabriel's case.

She was making a speculation. She was talking about how if she acted alone, the case will be a LOT harder to solve, as in Gabriel's case.

Gabriel's case? Two people have been charged in his case. Strange she would categorize his case as one in which someone acted alone.

Gabriel's case? Two people have been charged in his case. Strange she would categorize his case as one in which someone acted alone.

I'm not that familiar with his case. As she was talking, she made it sound like Gabe's mom is in jail but hasn't been charged with his murder? I guess she assumes his mother murdered him but acted alone and therefore LE is having a hard time charging her. She was giving his case as an example of how when someone acts alone it is much more difficult to prosecute without a body.

Remember, she was speculating on why LE is scaling down and creating a new task force and also she feels TH is responsible for ending Kyron's life.

This is the first time I have heard or even heard of Levi Page and Pat Brown. After listening, I'm not terribly impressed. Like Nancy Grace, Levi seems heavy on the bluster and sensationalism and light on substance; they could as easily be talking about ginsu knives on QVC. Pat Brown has strong speculative opinions but seems less well-informed than your average WSer.

Pardon my ignorance please, but who is Pat Brown?

A frequent flyer on the NG show and a popular guest panelist (another talking head MOO) who seems lately to be invited to oopine on every single nationally noticed criminal case.

Two very good reasons I listen but don't take any of her opinions as gospel. She is a profiler and therefore deserving of my ear, but I find her a little too simplistic in her profiles and descriptions. I'm not a fan of people "dumbing" things down for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46