Possible match Ramona Warren, 24 - Missing Since: Feb 1991 from Greensboro NC

Wow Teon - she sure looks like the sketch.

I wonder though if Ramona could be found on myspace or facebook now? Her first name appears to be Sybil. Maybe she is using a different name?

Salem

I did search for her online using her first name and her middle name. I found a Sybil Ramona Warren on Ancestry who had four children in NC, but I don't have a membership anymore so my information was limited. I know it is a long shot and I'm grasping at straws but she caught my eye so I thought I would throw it out there.

doenetwork says that Ramona's DNA is available in CODIS. I guess you could check to see if it actually is? If it is, she most likely has already been compared to Princess Blue. It sure wouldn't hurt to check though!

The Doe Network:
Case File 158DFNC

Warren, date unknown (see attachment for photo)

Sybil Ramona Warren
Missing since February 1991 from Greensboro, Guilford County, North Carolina.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 6, 1966
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 135 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Black hair; brown eyes.
Dentals: Available.
Other: DNA available in CODIS.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Friends first reported Warren as missing to the Greensboro, North Carolina Police Department in February 1991.

Apparently, Warren had been voluntarily estranged from her family since 1986; that was the last time her loved ones received a letter from her.

Warren was possibly sighted in Tyson Corner, Virginia in November of 1995. A truck driver who was familiar with Warren from her time as a North Carolina resident recognized her near a shopping mall. He reported to authorities that Warren acted as if she did not know him. The witness also stated that she was wearing some type of work uniform and was accompanied by an unidentified male.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Warren's case please contact:
Greensboro Police Department
336-373-2255
All information may be submitted anonymously.

Agency Case Number: 1991-0074740

NCIC Number: M-486383803
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information: North Carolina State Bureau Of Investigation

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/158dfnc.html

I did search for her online using her first name and her middle name. I found a Sybil Ramona Warren on Ancestry who had four children in NC, but I don't have a membership anymore so my information was limited. I know it is a long shot and I'm grasping at straws but she caught my eye so I thought I would throw it out there.

Attachments

• SWarren.jpg
    SWarren.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 150
I just sent an email off to the Texas Missing Person's Clearinghouse to see if Sybil Ramona Warren had been submitted as a possible match to Princess Blue and to also double check and make sure her DNA is actually available in CODIS. I will post what I find out.

I have an ancestry membership so I checked out the NC Sybil Ramona Warren. Apparently the four kids were born between 1955-1966 in Pitt County, NC. Since the Sybil on Charley Project was born in 1966, they can't be the same person. But since she is missing from NC, maybe she is a relative of the one on Ancestry. It's not a common name so this seems likely.

TXMPCH is forwarding Ramona's information to the investigating agency for review.

I believe that many people still think Princess Blue is classified as being Caucasian or Hispanic, I thought we had that taken care of on doenetwork.org, but, I noticed that under her sketches on her doe page it lists her as Unidentified White/Hispanic Female.

Bumping, and why does this thread say possible match? I got all excited over this one.

it says on the linked page that she was last seen in 1991, it was her family that she was estranged from that had last contact in 1986. It also says there was a possible sighting in 1996.

Poor girl. I really wish NamUs would fix the dates on her profiles. I understand the confusion, but it seems like an entry error to me. Her date of last contact says February 1, 1999, however, in the circumstance details it says "Sybil may have gone missing anywhere from 10/23/1986 to 02/00/1991". And this thread title is confusing. I hope those details haven't hindered her from possibly being found or matched with an unidentified person. (ETA: I understand this is in PB's forum, should I create a separate MP thread?)

Sybil Ramona Warren
sybil_ramona_warren_1.jpg

Missing Since: February 1991
Missing From: Greensboro, North Carolina
Date Of Birth: July 6, 1966
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 135 pounds
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Details of Disappearance
Warren was last seen in Greensboro, North Carolina sometime during February 1991. She was reported as a missing person to authorities on March 21, 1991. She worked as a night clerk for several local motels at the time of her disappearance and lived with her boyfriend.

Warren apparently has chosen to remain estranged from her family; their last contact with her was via letter on October 23, 1986.

A truck driver from McLean, Virginia told investigators that he saw Warren in a Tyson Corner, Virginia shopping mall in November 1995. The driver, who was friends with Warren prior to her 1991 disappearance, attempted to get her attention. She behaved as if she did recognize him.

The driver stated that Warren appeared to be wearing a work uniform. She was accompanied by an unidentified male in Virginia. The man is thought to be Haythan M. Aduroman. Aduroman may use the following aliases: Chris Aburoman, Haytham M. Roman and/or Haytham M. Aburoman. Aduroman was arrested in Virginia in 1982 for misdemeanor assault.

Investigators would like to determine Warren's well-being for the comfort of her loved ones. She has not been seen since the possible sighting in 1995.
Dentals: Available.
DNA: Available in CODIS.

Investigating Agency
Greensboro Police Department: 336-373-2255
Agency Case Number: 1991-0074740
NCIC Number: M-486383803

I would create another thread
Poor girl. I really wish NamUs would fix the dates on her profiles. I understand the confusion, but it seems like an entry error to me. Her date of last contact says February 1, 1999, however, in the circumstance details it says "Sybil may have gone missing anywhere from 10/23/1986 to 02/00/1991". And this thread title is confusing. I hope those details haven't hindered her from possibly being found or matched with an unidentified person. (ETA: I understand this is in PB's forum, should I create a separate MP thread?)

I have the impression that if she really ran away from home, perhaps she fled from mistreatment or abuse... because from 86 to 91 there was no contact, it's strange... then a friend sees her and she pretends she doesn't know, it's because she already decided her destiny... the man who accompanied her might have convinced her to go away forever and for his benefit...
I hope he is alive and happy to get away from her family... and if he is not like that...
rest in peace

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k