Notifying Other Government Entities - From Sheriff at Presser, Sept.15/10

Wondergirl

Reaction score
The Sheriff at Mutnomah County raised some serious questions for me, in the presser on September 15, 2010.

At apx. 11 minutes into the full, 27 minute, presser here, he states the following:

-In August, something happened to reach this point. There will not necessarily be cases, but there might be other cases that come of it.

-There are issues that the "police bureau" is going to have to address

-Alot of these issues we won't address until we actually do a debrief on this investigation, when it has come to a conclusion

-Alot of issues that our detectives have developed, alot of the information through the course of the investigation that have........developed, some concerns, and I think these concerns need to be addressed.

-Whether it's going to turn into an investigation and/or a notification process to other Government Entities, that still remains to be assessed

-A number of things that we suspected and a number of things that we targeted early in the investigation, we no longer suspect or target.

The Agencies Involved
(Sheriff states he doesn't want to miss anybody at apx. 9 minutes into presser).

-30% Mutnomah County
-FBI
-Portland Police Bureau
-Port Police
-Fairview Police Dept.
-Troutdale Police Dep.

Questions by Me:

1. What possible "Government Entities" could the Sheriff be referring to here?

2. Why is Mutnomah County only assuming only 30% of the investigation?

3. What do those other Police Dept's and Bureaus specialize in, and what is their function?

4. What happened in August, to change the course of the investigation?

5. What issues are have come out of this case, to cause these spinoffs, and possibly more "cases"?

http://www.kptv.com/local-video/index.html?grabnetworks_video_id=4339424

The Sheriff at Mutnomah County raised some serious questions for me, in the presser on September 15, 2010.

At apx. 11 minutes into the full, 27 minute, presser here, he states the following:

-In August, something happened to reach this point. There will not necessarily be cases, but there might be other cases that come of it.

-There are issues that the "police bureau" is going to have to address

-Alot of these issues we won't address until we actually do a debrief on this investigation, when it has come to a conclusion

-Alot of issues that our detectives have developed, alot of the information through the course of the investigation that have........developed, some concerns, and I think these concerns need to be addressed.

-Whether it's going to turn into an investigation and/or a notification process to other Government Entities, that still remains to be assessed

-A number of things that we suspected and a number of things that we targeted early in the investigation, we no longer suspect or target.

The Agencies Involved
(Sheriff states he doesn't want to miss anybody at apx. 9 minutes into presser).

-30% Mutnomah County
-FBI
-Portland Police Bureau
-Port Police
-Fairview Police Dept.
-Troutdale Police Dep.

Questions by Me:

1. What possible "Government Entities" could the Sheriff be referring to here?

2. Why is Mutnomah County only assuming only 30% of the investigation?

3. What do those other Police Dept's and Bureaus specialize in, and what is their function?

4. What happened in August, to change the course of the investigation?

5. What issues are have come out of this case, to cause these spinoffs?

http://www.kptv.com/local-video/index.html?grabnetworks_video_id=4339424

Great thread! I was thinking that he might be referencing other countries when he talked about "other government entities". But I also found it telling that he hoped the FBI would stay on the case. I'm trying to think of reasons they would and would not stay on it...besides budget of course.

snipped and BBM

this is what I find most intriguing of all. Their early suspicions were pretty well documented - wrongdoing on Terri's part. The only target we the public are aware since very early on in the investigation - Terri.

The above BBM makes me wonder if this means they have info they are not revealing that has led them to another hypothosis and suspect entirely but are perfectly content to let Terri continue to swing in the wind because she gives all of us out here in the public somewhere to focus while they follow a new trail unimpeded by the medling public.

snipped and BBM

this is what I find most intriguing of all. Their early suspicions were pretty well documented - wrongdoing on Terri's part. The only target we the public are aware since very early on in the investigation - Terri.

The above BBM makes me wonder if this means they have info they are not revealing that has led them to another hypothosis and suspect entirely but are perfectly content to let Terri continue to swing in the wind because she gives all of us out here in the public somewhere to focus while they follow a new trail unimpeded by the medling public.

I'm also wondering about the above bolded statement. Did they think Kyron wandered away from school and no longer think this? They stated right off the bat that this was an isolated incident. What now?

I don't find the 30% odd... he said 8-10... and 30% of 10 is three which leaves 7 spots for 5 other agencies.... makes sense to me... moo

snipped and BBM

My guess is that he is referring to DD.

September 15 press conference transcriptions regarding "other cases"

Staton: I believe that some of the information, and some of the, through some of the discussions, there are going to be concerns, not necessarily cases.

There may be cases that come out of this, but through the discussion, there are going to be issues that the sheriff's office is going to have to address.

I believe the Portland Police Bureau will be actively involved in that.

A lot of these issues we won't address until we actually do a debrief on this investigation once it's come to a conclusion.

There are a lot of issues that have developed. There's a lot of information that our detectives, that have, that, that they've developed through the course of this investigation that (pause) have developed some concerns.

And I think those concerns need to be addressed whether it's going to turn into an investigation and/or a notification process to other government entities. We still, that still remains to be assessed.

September 15 press conference transcriptions regarding "other cases"

Staton: I believe that some of the information, and some of the, through some of the discussions, there are going to be concerns, not necessarily cases.

There may be cases that come out of this, but through the discussion, there are going to be issues that the sheriff's office is going to have to address.

A lot of these issues we won't address until we actually do a debrief on this investigation once it's come to a conclusion.

There are a lot of issues that have developed. There's a lot of information that our detectives, that have, that, that they've developed through the course of this investigation that (pause) have developed some concerns.

And I think those concerns need to be addressed whether it's going to turn into an investigation and/or a notification process to other government entities. We still, that still remains to be assessed.

What I pick up from this is that there are concerns about other LE agencies, maybe corruption, or just practices that weren't helpful, rivalries, etc.

And once this case is over, these concerns will be addressed.

EDIT: Reread this post, and just caught the part about the Portland Police Bureau. So, now I think what I just wrote is not right, because he would not now be naming a LE agency by name if he thought they had some kind of problem that was going to be looked into later.

So, there's some other issue...probably...I don't know.

Does this mean that KYRON's case is just the tip of the iceberg????

Something about those bat phones bothers me. People who buy them because they have no land line and no credit card and maybe no car, one thing. Those who buy them to hide crimes, another altogether. The FBI is probably useful for all techno aspects of the investigation, and specifically computer and cellphone activity.

As far as the other agencies, Child Protection comes to mind, and a new trigger for calling them in or whatever other agencies he's referring to might emerge.

I have a feeling that the computers and cellphones have burped up an awful lot of meat and potatoes in this case. JMO.

Does this mean that KYRON's case is just the tip of the iceberg????

I'm starting to get the feeling -- and this is just a hunch -- but somehow Kyron's case is connected to some bigger investigation. I'm thinking there is some kind of undercover thing going on for the police to be so cryptic and circumspect in their comments. They are saying stuff that no one can quite understand, and talking all around certain subjects without being specific.

I just get the feeling they are trying to catch some big fish here, not just TH or DD.

Not long ago in Chattanooga we had a shady police chief who was being investigated by the FBI for extorting money from Indian restaurants for "protection." He was actually friends with some of the FBI agents involved, but they were so secretive and so professional that he never knew what hit him when he was arrested, nor did any of his friends on the police force who were in cahoots with him.

But it took a long time to gather all the evidence to make the case. And I think that's what is going on here. And if it involves children like Kyron, they have to be extremely careful what they say.

When he said this:
"Whether it's going to turn into an investigation and/or a notification process to other Government Entities, that still remains to be assessed."

My first thought was ICE being one of those Government Entities.. JMO

"There may be cases that come out of this, but through the discussion, there are going to be issues that the sheriff's office is going to have to address.

A lot of these issues we won't address until we actually do a debrief on this investigation once it's come to a conclusion."

Might this answer the questions as to why Terri has not yet been charged with the MFH or even other possible crimes? Will these cases have to wait until the conclusion of this one? Perhaps they cannot deal with the issues in those crimes until this case or something bigger comes to fruition.

I agree with Thought Fox. I think there is something bigger here...and we will be "surprised" when the whole picture is revealed.

When he said this:
"Whether it's going to turn into an investigation and/or a notification process to other Government Entities, that still remains to be assessed."

My first thought was ICE being one of those Government Entities.. JMO

By ICE do you mean "Immigration and Customs Enforcement"?

Very possible! But there could be others as well. :twocents:

I have noticed that there have been some pedophile arrests recently in Portland. I don't really know if it is a higher than usual number, but, if it is, LE could be flushing things out.

I wonder if this information that has been discovered by detectives in relation to Kyron's case. :-(

They ruled out RSO and as well a theory Kyron walked away.

Yes. They did do just that pretty early on in the investigation if I recall.

A number of things that we suspected and a number of things that we targeted early in the investigation, we no longer suspect or target.

The investigation has focused on Terri from very early on. So does the above BBM statement mean what they originally suspected and who they originally targetted is not accurate and if so, then that could mean that the RSO - Kyron wandered off angles were dismissed TOO quickly.

Oh my! I must have missed when they ruled those out. Maybe someone could give me a link. TIA.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back