Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Did this only happen today, he didn't go to school and he still hasn't contacted anyone yet at home? If he skipped off school for whatever reason, than that's supremely irresponsible OR something is up. This is freaking me out but let's hope George is skipping off for some reason.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

Mariam Makhniashvili's brother also missing

Vakhtang Makhniashvili confirmed with the CBC that his son, George, has been missing since 8:30 a.m. ET on Monday. The father said he was working with police, but declined to provide further details.
    Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/sto...#ixzz145cLaeLE

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

If he skipped off for the day, he might now be too afraid to call home / go home for fear of punishment! He might well realize his parents would likely involve LE... and be concerned about facing THEM as WELL as his parents!!

George -- if you read this -- for the love of Pete... go HOME! You might get yelled at tomorrow -- but in all likelihood tonight, they just want you safe at home!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to margaret_diane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Did this only happen today, he didn't go to school and he still hasn't contacted anyone yet at home? If he skipped off school for whatever reason, than that's supremely irresponsible OR something is up. This is freaking me out but let's hope George is skipping off for some reason.
    Yes, Matou - Just this morning, he left for school, but didn't attend (the school has yet to confirm his absence), and his cell has been turned off all day.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

I found something odd, I was reading back in the 1st thread for MM, I came across a link to her facebook page, so I clicked on it...it is now a different name, but the profile address still comes up with her first name???? I found the link on 1st thread, post #6

when I copy and paste the link, it will not open. If you go to 1st thread post 6 and click on it, it will open....???

DISREGARD THIS....it was later discovered in the thread that this link did not belong to MM. read post 86 of this thread for an explaination.
    Last edited by flipflop; 11-01-2010 at 11:31 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flipflop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    Yes, Matou - Just this morning, he left for school, but didn't attend (the school has yet to confirm his absence), and his cell has been turned off all day.
    Thanks Duckie. Does anyone know if the phone can ping if it's off? Can George be tracked that way?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by flipflop View Post
    I found something odd, I was reading back in the 1st thread for MM, I came across a link to her facebook page, so I clicked on it...it is now a different name, but the profile address still comes up with her first name???? I found the link on 1st thread, post #6

when I copy and paste the link, it will not open. If you go to 1st thread post 6 and click on it, it will open....???
    Are you suggesting this profile page belongs to MM?
    If so, like you - I wonder why has the name on the profile changed to AT?
    And... why is the lastname in the link at bottom of page noted to begin with a "K" instead of an "M"?

My guess? profile page was NOT likely MM's to begin with -- probably a page spoofed to LOOK like her's by someone else (who and why?!). Why do I think this?

Once you create a FB profile, it assigns you a direct link to your homepage (as is seen at bottom of that profile page). Hard to change that linky, if not impossible short of contacting FB directly and asking for it. Interesting to note -- the links to one's direct page didn't appear until recently -- so this suggests to me that the profile last name was originally noted as beginning with a "k"... because no matter what you change your profile name to show as... it will STILL show the same in the linky on the bottom.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to margaret_diane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Thanks Duckie. Does anyone know if the phone can ping if it's off? Can George be tracked that way?
    What kind of cell is he using? Smart phones have built in GPS. Its possible to turn those on remotely -- but I think the cell has to be ON for it to be activated and give its own location to people?

There are apps for that purpose (so if the phone is stolen or lost) you can log in and trace it on the gps to its precise location (within a few metres). I also believe one such app for iPhone can TURN THE PHONE ON REMOTELY!!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to margaret_diane For This Useful Post:

http://www.facebook.com/mariam.kakhn....1415039885..1

Thats the link being discussed in above post. See the last name in the link? Starts with letter "K", not "M".

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to margaret_diane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I am truly hoping that after Mariam's disappearance last year, F.H.C. has now installed video surveillance cameras around school premises.Looking forward to hear from the school Principal tomorrow. Also by now George sure would have many friends that could shed some light.

Hopefully it's just George being a teenager *sigh* they have no idea how much parents worry.
    Negative. They did not!

http://sunsetchaser07.blogspot.com/

Culture also affects communication by influencing the recipients' assumptions. Our minds try to twist incoming information to make it fit in our worldview. Since different cultures have very different worldviews, cross-cultural communication is especially likely to change meaning between sender and receiver, as the sender may have a very different worldview from the receiver.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to outcast For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by flipflop View Post

Just got alerted to this latest awful news. Still have not had time to catch up. But I wanted to explain about the FB page.

The page linked in Post #6 was originally thought to be Mariam's, but it turned out not to be. This is the actual FB page that belonged to Mariam:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...7275128&v=info

I remember being suspicious about it back then because the last name was spelled wrong (it still is in the link there, if you look carefully) and the profile pic was that of an animé character, something that Mariam was never known to be into.
    Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. - William E. Gladstone

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to antiquegirl For This Useful Post:

Hazel, thankyou for that heads up about G.M. This case keeps twisting and turning and just does not make sense!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by antiquegirl View Post
    Just got alerted to this latest awful news. Still have not had time to catch up. But I wanted to explain about the FB page.

The page linked in Post #6 was originally thought to be Mariam's, but it turned out not to be. This is the actual FB page that belonged to Mariam:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...7275128&v=info

I remember being suspicious about it back then because the last name was spelled wrong (it still is in the link there, if you look carefully) and the profile pic was that of an animé character, something that Mariam was never known to be into.
    Thanks AG, I remember seeing her fb page with her MM name, thanks for the correct link.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flipflop For This Useful Post:

http://nky-criminal-defense-lawyer.c...ll-phone-ping/

Link explains pings are not transmitted if cellular phone is turned off... and further notes that smart phones are hard to turn off completely, therefore, it might be possible to obtain info from such phones. Ultimately, best info on location of a unit comes when one sends a text, or makes a call.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to margaret_diane For This Useful Post:

I am going to need a hoist to lift my chin up off my floor--my mouth has been agape since I clicked onto Mariam's thread. I was sure when I saw 2 new pages added that there was news about Mariam. Instead, I am hit in the gut with the news of George being missing.

This is so tragic for their parents. I cannot imagine what they must be feeling right now. They must be so scared.

I hope that they do find that George just took a teenager's mental health day and is off having a good time today.

I just don't feel all that confident that this is the case.

Where are these young people?
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

All posts are my opinion only.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cleo612 For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast