Kyron Horman Case Going Cold?

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Sept. 16, 2010
Kyron Horman Case Going Cold?
Former Sheriff's Office Official: Search for 8-Year-Old Needs a Break Soon, Since Cost of Effort Has Hit $1M

McCain said on "The Early Show" Thursday, "Even though the sheriff says this is not being scaled back, the fact is, when you're the lead agency and you're now paring back to only 30 percent of a task force, there is no other way to describe that than scaling back. The real problem here (is that) he will try to shift up to 70 percent of the cost of this investigation to smaller cities and jurisdictions that have nothing to do with the Kyron case jurisdictionally. It will be a tough sale, so by default, it will be his case whether he likes it or not."

snip

He explained, "You've got a million tax dollars spent already with no suspect, no person of interest, frankly, not even an identifiable crime, which continues to frustrate everyone. So, at that point, this is going to be a tough sell to some of these other jurisdictions to pick up the tab for this investigation."

snip

McCain said someone would have to come forward to investigators or find the crime scene or evidence.

He explained, "Either somebody who actually knows what happened to Kyron, not somebody calling a tip line

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/09/16/earlyshow/main6871823.shtml

Staton in the presser: We threw everything we possibly could at this because it involved a school and it involved a child.

The past tense Staton used in this statement bothers me.

Where's Kyron?

How is he going to convince these other jurisdictions that they should pay for these resources? That's an interesting point in the article.

And now he's announced it to the world, before even talking with them.

I hope for his sake, he's got some favors to call in.

I assume these smaller jurisdictions are the Troutdale and Fairview areas....I wonder why they'd be included.

Going cold? That is not what I took from yesterday's presser but if what McCain is saying is true then it is truly sad!

"no suspect, no person of interest, frankly, not even an identifiable crime"

I believe though that if LE had anything on TH that they could hold her on they would have; be it be WTF, child abuse, internet *advertiser censored* ect. At least they is what I have seen in most other cases, if LE is sure they did the crime they arrest them on anything just to get them locked up.

Could the other jurisdictions end up being involved if there is reason to think some of the other cases they're talking about have a connection there?

Aww this is not going cold after 3 months. There still hasnt been a ruling by the GJ yet, right? Did I miss it?

This is a "lets reduce the intensity of the scrutiny and see what happens with the principals in the case...." JMVHO

Could the other jurisdictions end up being involved if there is reason to think some of the other cases they're talking about have a connection there?

Staton: I believe that some of the information, and some of the, through some of the discussions, there are going to be concerns, not necessarily cases.

What does that mean anyway? What kind of concerns does LE concern themselves with that aren't cases?

Former sheriff's office official....

Also, Fox News has been reporting on this all day....Kyron case now a cold case?

From the video - the most expensive investigation... ever.

And they have no arrest, no suspect, no GJ indictment, no POI, and no crime to show for it.

ETA: most expensive investigation actually in the other CBS video from this morning, Kyron Horman Case Narrowed.

Since LE is keeping this so close to the vest, and since McCain is somewhat of a talking head. Is he really who current LE would confide in?

Also this Troutdale thing bothers me. The truck stop there bothers me...it's not like this hole in the wall stop, it's a fairly large truck stop, and from there it's 5 hours to Canada.
But it's not like you can take side streets to get there from Skyline - it's freeway driving, I think straight through downtown Portland. But it's all Multnomah County, so the Sheriff would still have jurisdiction.

"(The district attorney) told the media earlier this is not a slam dunk, (there's) nobody with a smoking gun. He is looking at this as a long-haul case and (that), for district attorneys, of course, means potentially years.

:(

gotcha. That is what I feel this presser means. Case going cold, running out of leads to follow and nothing. No witness, no crime scene, no body, nothing concrete to pursue. Lots of suspicions, nothing prosecutable, and still no answer.

Where is Kyron?

Former MCSO captain, now attorney. And talking head.

Exactly...his opinion...and, I kind of agree with him. Thankfully, neither he nor I get to decide!

It does make me sad that so much focus is on money.

Staton in the presser: We threw everything we possibly could at this because it involved a school and it involved a child.

The past tense Staton used in this statement bothers me.

Where's Kyron?

I hear ya...ditto on that!

Exactly...his opinion...and, I kind of agree with him. Thankfully, neither he nor I get to decide!

It does make me sad that so much focus is on money.

Agreed. And Staton seems to me to be all about the money. Very political.

You can't put a price tag on a child. They are precious. I don't know what the answer is to getting money into finding all these missing children. Maybe if there could be a big effort, funded by big dollars, and a number of them were found, it might help prevent more going missing, as pedophiles and child murderers are caught, child *advertiser censored* rings broken up, etc.

I just can't accept that these children are gone, and how they become just an old file in a filing cabinet. They're people. They're human beings. And they're defenseless.

/end rant

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back