GUILTY OK - Hunter Warner, 3 mos, suffocated, Tulsa, 20 Aug 2010

tk71texas

wth is wrong with people today
Reaction score
Police arrested a woman Wednesday in connection with the apparent homicide of her 3-month-old baby in August.

Janette M. Mickelboro, 23, was charged with first-degree murder Wednesday and was arrested about noon, court and jail records indicate.

Her baby, Hunter Warner, died Aug. 20 after a blanket was tied around his face, police allege.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/...tid=450&articleid=20100916_11_A9_CUTLIN675205

I will never understand :banghead:

Sgt. Brandon Wykoff, supervisor of the Child Crisis Unit, said the investigation revealed that a witness reported seeing the baby with the blanket tied around his face previously and warning Mickelboro not to do that.

According to the affidavit, one of the witnesses said she told the defendant that "you're going to kill this baby." Mickelboro said she wouldn't and that "it's the only way to hold the pacifier in his mouth."
Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/...tid=450&articleid=20100916_11_A9_CUTLIN675205

sigh.

really? The only way huh? I have been caring for babies (mine, others, grands, etc) for 30 some odd years and IME, babies who want a passy will hold it in their mouths all by themselves. Only if the child does not want the passy (and maybe would rather have mom's actual touch and attention, just guessing) does it fall out or not stay in.

my diagnosis, self involved, selfish, lazy, immature mother who has a baby she doesn't want to mother and so props a bottle in its mouth or ties a passy to its face in order to silence it and keep it from needing much care or action on her part.

Unbelievable! Tlcox a simple thank you was not enough for your IMHO a right on the money, post!

From article above..... Are you kidding me?

She tied a receiving blanket around his face to hold his pacifier in place, a police report indicates. She said she then put him in a "bouncy chair."

Several hours later, when she checked on the baby before leaving for work, she discovered him to be "cold and stiff," police reported that she told them.

She then removed the receiving blanket from the baby's face, took him out of the bouncy chair and placed him in a bassinet, police reported.

Mickelboro then left for work, leaving the baby to be found by his father, police said.

I dont understand. I'm really PMSing this week or something but this drove me to tears yet again.....I have a BFF that cries every day because she cant seem to conceive even with medical help.....this dont hardly feel fair at all...not at all...I know life generally isnt fair but sometimes it's more than I can consider.

There should be a national number like 911 only like 123 or something with the lines answered by certified parent consultants. Then, when a caregiver is having issues they have an immediate source for options to help them and a parent is on the radar to follow-up with regularly to assist.

I dont understand. I'm really PMSing this week or something but this drove me to tears yet again.....I have a BFF that cries every day because she cant seem to conceive even with medical help.....this dont hardly feel fair at all...not at all...I know life generally isnt fair but sometimes it's more than I can consider.

I live in Tulsa, I just spent 3.5 years trying to conceive but lost it to a miscarriage last month. I WOULD HAVE TAKEN THAT BABY! It broke my heart to see this happening, especially where I live.

I do not understand people,I pray she will be locked away forever and never able to give birth again.

I live in Tulsa, I just spent 3.5 years trying to conceive but lost it to a miscarriage last month. I WOULD HAVE TAKEN THAT BABY! It broke my heart to see this happening, especially where I live.

I do not understand people,I pray she will be locked away forever and never able to give birth again.

I was born and raised in tulsa til i moved to texas 7yrs ago

I simply cannot understand the heartlessness it takes to put the little angel in his bassinet and walk out the door!!!!! She didnt even call for help, nothing!!!! I am so disgusted. If it was poor parenting ok, some new mothers dont have the skills. She deliberately tied a blanket to a newborns face, despite warnings that it was very dangerous, and then left him after he died, to be someone elses problem!! This type of disregard for babies is far more than neglect or ignorance, its murder! Mimi is furious!

I simply cannot understand the heartlessness it takes to put the little angel in his bassinet and walk out the door!!!!! She didnt even call for help, nothing!!!! I am so disgusted. If it was poor parenting ok, some new mothers dont have the skills. She deliberately tied a blanket to a newborns face, despite warnings that it was very dangerous, and then left him after he died, to be someone elses problem!! This type of disregard for babies is far more than neglect or ignorance, its murder! Mimi is furious!
nanny is furious too, mimi. its just too outlandish to believe someone would TIE a blanket around the baby's face. i cant even picture it.

I am so so, sorry for your loss. I cant imagine how terribly painful it must be for you let alone to have to read this stuff.

This is so much more then someone not knowing how to take care of a child.I bet if they check her computer she was probably on it instead of holding and taking care of her child.I hope she is charged with 1st degree murder because she murdered that poor child .RIP and may she rot in prison.

I am so sorry for your loss.I just wanted you to know the same thing happened to me.It took five years to finally have my son, then my daughter was born 18 months later.I know it is a very hard thing to have happen esp when people do not realize it hurts so much.Many of us have a miscarriage ,then are able to carry a baby full term.Just wanted you to know your aren't alone.

my diagnosis, self involved, selfish, lazy, immature mother who has a baby she doesn't want to mother and so props a bottle in its mouth or ties a passy to its face in order to silence it and keep it from needing much care or action on her part.

I think you are on to the cause. At least the immaturity. More people are chronologically old enough to have children but they are not emotionally equipped to raise a child. I guess the witness took no action after they told this woman she was going to kill her baby. Did the father know? Where they just as ignorant as her or too passive to act. They did not kill this innocent baby but could they have stepped forward and helped this child before he died. My relentless question -- where was the extended family to help with this baby? Could they have guided/censured this mother?

I agree that we need a national hotline for those without support. I know people are often afraid to call CPS but there needs to be some form of support when a child is in stress or danger. Still, I wonder how many would truly take the time to use it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back