Is it possible that someone acted alone? *Poll added*

If someone acted alone, who was the most likely in your opinion?

• Misty

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Ron

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • Tommy

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Joe

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Timmy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snodgrass

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • A stranger

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Teresa

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • One person but unsure which one.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Sapp

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Last night on Levi's show, Pat Brown discussed how it will be a lot harder to find Kyron if Terri Horman acted alone in the crime. She also said that could be why Gabriel Johnson hasn't been found.

Then I started thinking about Trenton Duckett.

And then....

HALEIGH!

Is it at all possible that someone acted alone and is keeping it to themselves? If so, who? And more importantly - HOW!?

Before you dismiss this idea, think about it from all angles on how it CAN work and then take it apart after that. MAYBE it's a clue and maybe it's just not going to fit in Haleigh's case at all.

At this point, I'm ready to look at anything to find Haleigh!

Here's a link to the thread in Kyron's case: 2010.09.15 - Levi Page Show - Pat Brown weighs in - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Oh, if this is a possibility and one we can speculate upon, I have my "one person" and it isn't Ron, Misty, Joe, Tommy, et al.

I was thinking that IF this is a possibility, it would have been Tommy. And that's only because of the wild tales he's been telling as though he's trying to deflect suspicion off himself. I've not thought of him as a suspect if there are more than one persons involved, but IF there was only one - I think more of him for some reason. :waitasec:

I'm looking for more thoughts on this scenario though. I'm just wondering at this point.

I have often considered that it is possible that Tommy was in fact home babysitting, Ron was in fact at work, Misty was in fact out partying or sleeping off her weekend at her parents' place...

And someone who knew the kids were alone took advantage of an opportunity. In considering this, I have considered who that might be.

MODS...I assume we are not to name anyone, right?

ETA: OK...so we can name names that have already been named...but not anyone else, right?

I have often considered that it is possible that Tommy was in fact home babysitting, Ron was in fact at work, Misty was in fact out partying or sleeping off her weekend at her parents' place...

And someone who knew the kids were alone took advantage of an opportunity. In considering this, I have considered who that might be.

MODS...I assume we are not to name anyone, right?

This is all speculative. You can name players if you'd like, but please have a theory behind it.

We are NOT saying they DID IT, we are only speculating. IMOs and MOOs and all that. :)

OK Kimster, thanks...please delete this if I am out of line.

I thought Amber might have a motive...revenge. It's something I have tossed over in my mind for a number of months now.

And our players aren't talking because they don't know who did it and they figure why open up their own sorry lives if it won't bring Haleigh back.

I don't really believe the above but needed to consider what ifs.

I'll pick Ron as the one. As HaLeigh's parent, he should have been the FIRST person that LE cleared. That still hasn't happened to this day. There's a reason he hasn't been cleared. JMO

If anyone acted alone...I always wondered if Misty's partying weekend played a factor in Haleigh's disappearance. Maybe someone she partied with, maybe she had a conversation with someone about Haleigh. Maybe that person. IDK

I thought Amber might have a motive...revenge. It's something I have tossed over in my mind for a number of months now.

And our players aren't talking because they don't know who did it and they figure why open up their own sorry lives if it won't bring Haleigh back.

VERY interesting! Add to that Amber has nigh on disappeared, and we know her mother has.

VERY interesting! Add to that Amber has nigh on disappeared, and we know her mother has.

Yep! And both had been arguing with Misty. Also Chelsea was involved in an altercation between LB and Misty. I think charges were dropped, but they were filed against LB for assault on Misty. And IIRC, by LB against Chelsea.

I think it's highly probable this was a one person deal, and all the stories are because everyone thinks everyone else did it.

IMO, if Misty was out partying and had left the children home alone, she would have been outed by now.

IMO, if Ron, Misty, and/or Tommy were covering for each other, one of them would have caved by now. IMO, Tommy never had any motive to cover for Ron, Ron had no motive to cover Tommy or Misty, and while Misty may have had motive to cover for both of them, that hasn't been the case for some time. None of them have any reason to cover for Joe.

IMO, MOO, and all that jazz, the only way Misty is not the one who did this is she was so wasted and passed out she has no idea whatsoever what happened.

I always wonder too about Amber. After MY Space comment. (if it was really Misty that wrote it...."I going to take your son too"). that be fighting words to me.

Tommy has placed his self at the MH more than once that night. Could Tommy been mad at Ron for man handling his sister or could Haleigh woke up has Tommy was in MH trying to steal drugs or guns.
Something that was on the tapes with Lindsey.
Tommy said I was home all night I didn't have any drugs. Maybe he thought Ron did and went looking for some.:waitasec:

What if.. it could been a sex offender that was watching the MH waiting for the right time. Like Jessica's case. (not a theory of mine) but thought I put it out there.

If it was one person my thoughts it was Tommy. And if it wasn't I go with Misty and Tommy plus Tim. JMO

Somehow Ron is involve too which causing my head to hurt.

Ron could been watching the MH to see if Misty left or had visitors.
If he had seen Misty leave he could took Haleigh to teach her a lesson and somehow it all went wrong and down hill and backfire on Ron.
I don't have link but remember reading that Misty had called Ron and asked if he had Haleigh. Or maybe it was when he pulled up to the MH.:banghead:

LOL tfrohning...I understand the head hurting! And it's difficult to come up with just one perp when so many are acting so guilty. Yet, it's also difficult to understand how so many could be involved without one having had all they can take by now and telling the truth!

I think it is entirely possible. When this case/story first broke my gut/initial reaction was Misty was at fault but that Haleigh was abducted while she was gone. My initial suspicion was tha tshe had left those children sleeping in the MH and snuck off to meet someone for drugs.

Since that time my theories have expanded to include the possibility of Tommy/Joe involvement.

But when I saw this thread title I remembered my gut reaction during the first few days Haleigh was missing and my believe tha tMIsty may hav eleft them unsupervised and someone familiar enough with she, ron and their party lifestyle took advantage of that.

ETA My theory would also be supported by the repeated phone calls from Ron (at work) to Misty (not answering). Misty returning to find Haleigh gone would also explain the reported rucuss around the MH later in the evening. (MIsty calling in reinforcements to help figure out what to do - Ron is gonna kill me!)

I was thinking that IF this is a possibility, it would have been Tommy. And that's only because of the wild tales he's been telling as though he's trying to deflect suspicion off himself. I've not thought of him as a suspect if there are more than one persons involved, but IF there was only one - I think more of him for some reason. :waitasec:

I'm looking for more thoughts on this scenario though. I'm just wondering at this point.
actually, in my thinking right now, Tommy did act alone in the murder & what went with it. But because of witnesses saying that there was a commotion going on at the trailer, with loud vehicles, etc...I'm guessing that others got involved pretty quick. Probably Timmy & Joe & then Misty. & then Ron. IDK why really, partly because of the magnitude of his stories, & partly because I think he's lieing to minimize his own involvement, but Tommy is the one who has the most details, & he's looking very guilty. I also think there's the possibility that he has been telling a semi truth, but he was the main perp & Joe was the dumbfounded bystander. But I don't think they were there for Joe's revenge...probably to steal guns & drugs, & Tommy raged on Haleigh. I've seen 1st hand what a xanax rage looks like, & since Tommy has admitted to passing in & out of consciousness, it's MOO, that he was the one raging. But he's wanting to use that high as an excuse for not seeing certain things. & that's Tommy to a tee. He'll take something bad on himself, & twist it & try to use it to his benefit. like in court, when he tried to use his 'cooperation' in the Haleigh case, to get a lighter drug sentence. IMO, he has no shame.

Actually, as far as I can tell, Amber was the only one with a reason to have a motive. These people had dogged her. But, I remember a phone conversation with her gm & 911, & she was in the bacground, giggling. So, whereas, a lot people might nurse a grudge for being treated so shabbily, she seems to be the type, to let things slide. MOO.

I think it's highly probable this was a one person deal, and all the stories are because everyone thinks everyone else did it.

IMO, if Misty was out partying and had left the children home alone, she would have been outed by now.

IMO, if Ron, Misty, and/or Tommy were covering for each other, one of them would have caved by now. IMO, Tommy never had any motive to cover for Ron, Ron had no motive to cover Tommy or Misty, and while Misty may have had motive to cover for both of them, that hasn't been the case for some time. None of them have any reason to cover for Joe.

IMO, MOO, and all that jazz, the only way Misty is not the one who did this is she was so wasted and passed out she has no idea whatsoever what happened.

I agree. If this is the circumstance and only one person is responsible for what happened to Haleigh.

IMHO if only one person was involved it would be Misty.

That chair in the woods, made me think that somebody had been watching their trailer & took advantage of Misty being gone. But that would be one lazy perv...too lazy to even stand up. But, after reading all of those creepy stories about Tommy wandering the neighborhood, my mind goes back to him, even on this.

I've also thought that for a big chunk of time, everybody was sitting around suspecting each other. TN was covering for Ron,(& Misty by association), Ron was covering for Misty, (& himself by association), Misty was covering for Ron, (& herself by association), & all the while, the real killer was just watching. & in the meantime, they were all pointing their fingers at anybody else. Misty at Joe & Tommy, Ron at Crystal, TN at Joe & Crystal, & I remember Lindsey wanting to move, because she was pointing at an outside abductor. Point Point Point...

In this case, I just cannot see a way that anyone could have done it all on their own. The reason is the staging of the brick at the back door and the lies that started Sunday night. If they have nothing to hide, why were Ron, Misty, TN, and GGma Sykes working so hard to hide the truth of what happened before Haleigh ever disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back