724 users online (109 members and 615 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Post 13 Things Your Pizza Guy Won't Tell You

Pizza delivery guys share their secrets, tips and best etiquette advice.

http://www.rd.com/home-garden/13-thi...ings_NL_091710

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I learned long ago if you want your food superfast, be an excellent tipper. All the delivery guys know our house and we're always bumped to be the FIRST delivered.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

I delivered pizzas for a while. There was one house we would rotate who had to deliver because they would not tip. They would actually ask for exact change. Say their order was $13.72 and they handed you $15. They would request $1.28 back. Had another house order in the middle of a snow storm. I walked up their unshovled driveway in a few inches of snow and knocked on the door. While on person proceeded to look for the money to pay me, the other one stood in the half closed doorway and made small talk saying I must make great tips on nights like that. The order was over $15, I didn't even get a dollar tip. Of course, I did have the group of 4 guys who were drunk at 11:30 in the morning and gave me a $20 tip.
    "Iím gonna miss that smile
    Iím gonna miss you my friend
    Even though it hurts the way it ended up
    Iíd do it all again
    So play it sweet in heaven
    ĎCause thatís right where you wana be
    Iím not crying because I feel so sorry for you
    Iím crying for me"

~ Toby Keith, Cryin' for Me/Wayman's Song

I love delivery, will give at least $3 - 4 and the change depending on what I order, my usual places are always fast and hot. I don't necessarily agree with if you live close just come get it. I have a place 2 blocks away, sometimes I will send my son to pick up, sometimes I am in the middle of a task or work documents and cannot leave for pick up. Never could bring myself to order in a storm, I can't imagine wanting someone to drive in snow and ice to bring me food.

I always tip $5 for pizza delivery. It's easier than figuring a percentage out at the door while they're balancing pizza boxes that I'm using to sign the slip.