1073 users online (282 members and 791 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OH - Cleveland, Male 208UMOH, 18-60, May'08 - Deland Sawyer

CLEVELAND -- Police say human skeletal remains were found Sunday afternoon in the woods off of Hilton Rd. on the city's Northeast side.
    Authorities say a man and his son were walking through the woods when they found part of a skull.
    Police searched the area further and found more remains.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/news_...90263&catid=45

There were two young women who came directly to mind when I read this.

Gina DeJesus
    Amanda Berry
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-10-2013 at 11:50 PM.

quilts, ME TOO. Especially tonight after hearing the skeleton was of a young female and had been there a long time. They found some clothes and a gun too.

I'm not familiar with Hilton Rd but am going to google-earth it right now.

Here's a google-earth map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.54...z=17&t=h&hl=en
    The area around Hilton Rd is filled with trees. It looks like a small subdivision. This is very far away from where Gina and Amanda were last seen. It's on the east side a little off Euclid Ave maybe in the E. 180th area (although they have street names out there). Anything is possible....

I know of an older missing woman from the east side...I can't remember her name right now. She's listed on WS. I'm pretty sure she was in her 40's though.
    Last edited by Taximom; 05-26-2008 at 12:09 AM. Reason: add map link :doh:

I know what older lady you are talking about too but I don't know her name. She was some sort of outspoken community advocate and volunteer.

Its not very far at all if you consider someone may have driven.

My heart sunk when I found out that they found these remains. I am praying that some family gets some sort of resolve.

ETA: Taximom, I read that the remains were found at Nela Park. Thats the headquarters of General Electric. During Christmas they have wonderful light displays. You may have been there before and it may help you gain a frame of reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    quilts, ME TOO. Especially tonight after hearing the skeleton was of a young female and had been there a long time. They found some clothes and a gun too.

I'm not familiar with Hilton Rd but am going to google-earth it right now.
    I hadn't heard that it was a female.

This is the woman I was speaking of:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53081

According to info at the Texas Eq. site, she's 5'2" and 125 pounds. To someone just looking at bones on site, that might indicate "young". I thought it was too early to be saying "young, female" actually. There's a chance this might be her though.

I wonder if it could be Jody Lynn Brant.
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brant_jody.html

That site, mere, says she called from Erie, OH. As far as I know, there's no Erie, OH. There's Erie, PA (and Erie COUNTY) and the highway she was probably on (man, she was really lost) would sort of take her through that part of town once she headed back towards Toledo. She could have stopped for directions along the way back....

Good find, mere!

Erie County is where Sandusky and Cedar Point are located. That's closer to Toledo/Michigan (where her car was found) than Erie, PA so that had to be where she called from. If that's the case, she wouldn't have driven past that area the skeleton has been found.

(Not that someone couldn't have abducted her and taken her that way though.)

From Atlanta she who have taken I75 pretty much all the way home to Michigan. Cleveland and Erie are both east of I75. How she ended up off I75, I don't know. But when I was 16 I would not have been capable of driving from Atlanta to Michigan by myself.

Cali -- but im a north east girl at heart!
    i thought of gina and amanda too

oh god im nervous

Cali -- but im a north east girl at heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    That site, mere, says she called from Erie, OH. As far as I know, there's no Erie, OH. There's Erie, PA (and Erie COUNTY) and the highway she was probably on (man, she was really lost) would sort of take her through that part of town once she headed back towards Toledo. She could have stopped for directions along the way back....

Good find, mere!
    erie, oh does exist. it's about 1 1/2 - 2 hours from cleveland.

erie, pa is about the same distance from cleveland.

ttrachel, where is it exactly? I'd love to know! Thanks.

Hmm:
    http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp...8&nav=menu68_2
    Coroner Tentatively ID's Remains As Male, Aged 30-50

Posted: May 27, 2008 08:45 AM EDT
    Updated: May 27, 2008 03:05 PM EDT

UPDATE: The coroner's office tentatively says the bones belong to a male between the ages of 30-50-years of age.
    No other information is known at this time. (more at link)

Well, if they found clothing and a gun, this could be a suicide by a man. Guess we'll have to start over w/our research unless they have it wrong this time! sheesh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast