Identified! OH - Cleveland, Male 208UMOH, 18-60, May'08 - Deland Sawyer

quilts

Reaction score
quilts, ME TOO. Especially tonight after hearing the skeleton was of a young female and had been there a long time. They found some clothes and a gun too.

I'm not familiar with Hilton Rd but am going to google-earth it right now. :(

Here's a google-earth map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.546642,-81.556007&z=17&t=h&hl=en
The area around Hilton Rd is filled with trees. It looks like a small subdivision. This is very far away from where Gina and Amanda were last seen. It's on the east side a little off Euclid Ave maybe in the E. 180th area (although they have street names out there). Anything is possible....

I know of an older missing woman from the east side...I can't remember her name right now. She's listed on WS. I'm pretty sure she was in her 40's though.

I know what older lady you are talking about too but I don't know her name. She was some sort of outspoken community advocate and volunteer.

Its not very far at all if you consider someone may have driven.

My heart sunk when I found out that they found these remains. I am praying that some family gets some sort of resolve.

ETA: Taximom, I read that the remains were found at Nela Park. Thats the headquarters of General Electric. During Christmas they have wonderful light displays. You may have been there before and it may help you gain a frame of reference.

quilts, ME TOO. Especially tonight after hearing the skeleton was of a young female and had been there a long time. They found some clothes and a gun too.

I'm not familiar with Hilton Rd but am going to google-earth it right now. :(
I hadn't heard that it was a female.

This is the woman I was speaking of:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53081

According to info at the Texas Eq. site, she's 5'2" and 125 pounds. To someone just looking at bones on site, that might indicate "young". I thought it was too early to be saying "young, female" actually. There's a chance this might be her though.

:(

That site, mere, says she called from Erie, OH. As far as I know, there's no Erie, OH. There's Erie, PA (and Erie COUNTY) and the highway she was probably on (man, she was really lost) would sort of take her through that part of town once she headed back towards Toledo. She could have stopped for directions along the way back....

Good find, mere!

Erie County is where Sandusky and Cedar Point are located. That's closer to Toledo/Michigan (where her car was found) than Erie, PA so that had to be where she called from. If that's the case, she wouldn't have driven past that area the skeleton has been found.

(Not that someone couldn't have abducted her and taken her that way though.)

From Atlanta she who have taken I75 pretty much all the way home to Michigan. Cleveland and Erie are both east of I75. How she ended up off I75, I don't know. But when I was 16 I would not have been capable of driving from Atlanta to Michigan by myself.

That site, mere, says she called from Erie, OH. As far as I know, there's no Erie, OH. There's Erie, PA (and Erie COUNTY) and the highway she was probably on (man, she was really lost) would sort of take her through that part of town once she headed back towards Toledo. She could have stopped for directions along the way back....

Good find, mere!

erie, oh does exist. it's about 1 1/2 - 2 hours from cleveland.

erie, pa is about the same distance from cleveland.

ttrachel, where is it exactly? I'd love to know! Thanks.

Hmm:
http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=8382408&nav=menu68_2
Coroner Tentatively ID's Remains As Male, Aged 30-50

Posted: May 27, 2008 08:45 AM EDT
Updated: May 27, 2008 03:05 PM EDT

UPDATE: The coroner's office tentatively says the bones belong to a male between the ages of 30-50-years of age.
No other information is known at this time. (more at link)

Well, if they found clothing and a gun, this could be a suicide by a man. Guess we'll have to start over w/our research unless they have it wrong this time! sheesh.

I am living out of the area now and it did not seem clear to me if this was part of the other remains they found or a whole different body. Anyone know?

Well, heck. Now that I read that last article it does sound like they may be talking about a 2nd set of bones. Although I have only heard about one set. I'll go sleuthing around.

This one was added to Doe recently. It's odd to me that he has not been identified, given the extensive dental work and unusual dentition and the likelihood (in my opinion) that he was a local.

Namus UP #4993
https://identifyus.org/cases/4993

The Doe Network: Case File 208UMOH
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/208umoh.html

Unidentified Black Male

* The victim was discovered on May 25, 2008 in Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
* Estimated Date of Death: Years prior
* Skeletal remains

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 18-60 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: Cannot Estimate.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown
* Clothing: Gray hooded sweatshirt with Cleveland Browns logo; green nylon jacket; waistband-Hilfiger XL; gray sweats; white cloth; green knit cap with yellow cross. Ladies high-heeled shoe (left); Timberland boot (left).
* Dentals: Available. Restorations present. Presence of three supernumerary teeth (extra teeth). Gaps present.
* Fingerprints: Not available
* DNA: Not available.

Case History
Skeletal remains found in wooded area on Hilton Road in Cleveland. A man walking his dog found a skull in the Nela Park area of Cleveland, a search of the area uncovered additional bones.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Cuyahoga County Coroners Office
216-721-5610

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: IN2008-01383

this is the only possible match I could find - Willie C. Stanberry:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7650/0/

he is a bit older than the estimated age of the UID and Stanberry had a glass eye (which would be lost with skeletonized remains)

one other thing about Stanberry is that he was supposedly last seen in the company of an unknown woman. near the UID's remains they listed two left shoes - one male and one female.

Stanberry's Namus page says nothing about teeth.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SAGEWITHRAGE
Back