Defense to depose Dr. G

Aedrys

If justice doesn't get you, karma will.
Reaction score
G To Be Deposed By Casey's Attorneys
Posted: 11:51 am EDT September 17, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Attorneys plan to depose several key medical witnesses in the case against Casey Anthony.

Attorneys will depose three people from the Orange County Medical Examiner's Office, including medical examiner Jan "Dr. G" Garavalia, on September 28.

Casey's lawyers have also recently picked up another 700 pages of discovery documents, which will eventually be made public.

http://www.wftv.com/news/25051329/detail.html

Oh to be a fly on the wall during THIS upcoming deposition. Dr G. is awesome. They are not going to be able to shake her and she is going to shut them down just like LDB did to Cindy. Okay, maybe not *just* like that, but I have the feeling they're going to leave with what they came with - nothing. I can't wait to get to read that deposition if it's ever in discovery.

I wonder what the defense is going to complain about after this one? They targeted Yuri for the smell. What do you want to bet there will be a complaint about the duct tape from Dr. G's depo?

And much love to Dr. G, one of the REAL voices for Caylee. I rank her up there with Tim, MN, and more. I will NEVER forget that press conference where she announced that the remains were Caylee's. I have believed in her ever since.

Aderys, I do however expect the defense to make a big production about Dr. G. not being able to exactly state the cause of the death of Caylee. We need to brace ourselves for a bunch of nonsense they will try.

We need to remember Dr. G. will in court describe in detail the condition of the little bone fragments, and how the techs spent hours on their hands and knees carefully sifting dirt to be sure they found each small piece. She will be able to testify to the duct tape being applied peri-mortum.

She will have photos and be able to speak of cutting the duct tape out of the hair, and why she believes the duct tape held the mandible in place for so long. And she will discuss the roots and plant vegetation on and around the skull.

Brace yourself Baez - your fancy experts aren't going to be able to help you with this deposition even if your "medical expert" does bring her jack in a box with her.

What's that in the air? Oh just smoke blowing out of Baez's --- .

Perhaps he and his other teammates are still burning that they were able to, LEGALLY, keep Baez et al out of the crime scene as they recovered Caylee's remains.

Aderys, I do however expect the defense to make a big production about Dr. G. not being able to exactly state the cause of the death of Caylee. We need to brace ourselves for a bunch of nonsense they will try.

We need to remember Dr. G. will in court describe in detail the condition of the little bone fragments, and how the techs spent hours on their hands and knees carefully sifting dirt to be sure they found each small piece. She will be able to testify to the duct tape being applied peri-mortum.

She will have photos and be able to speak of cutting the duct tape out of the hair, and why she believes the duct tape held the mandible in place for so long. And she will discuss the roots and plant vegetation on and around the skull.

Brace yourself Baez - your fancy experts aren't going to be able to help you with this deposition even if your "medical expert" does bring her jack in a box with her.

What's that in the air? Oh just smoke blowing out of Baez's --- .

Oh yes, ITA with you. They are definitely going to find something to whine about in a big, dramatic way with Dr. G. Oh Lord, that might be favorite part of the trial - Dorothy Sims cross examining Dr. G (if she's the one who does it. It might be LKB, I don't know yet. Too many lawyers, I swear!). Dr. G is SOOOOOOO going to rip her a new one.

Yes, I'm seeing a lot more smoke lately, and those pesky mirrors keep getting bigger. But I have faith in people like Dr. G, whether in a depo or at trial, to come out on top and make the defense come look like fools.

I do think the duct tape might become an issue, though. Here's hoping the jury has as much common sense as we do and sees through the smoke and mirrors the defense will try to trick them with.

Oh to be a fly on the wall during THIS upcoming deposition. Dr G. is awesome. They are not going to be able to shake her and she is going to shut them down just like LDB did to Cindy. Okay, maybe not *just* like that, but I have the feeling they're going to leave with what they came with - nothing. I can't wait to get to read that deposition if it's ever in discovery.

I wonder what the defense is going to complain about after this one? They targeted Yuri for the smell. What do you want to bet there will be a complaint about the duct tape from Dr. G's depo?

And much love to Dr. G, one of the REAL voices for Caylee. I rank her up there with Tim, MN, and more. I will NEVER forget that press conference where she announced that the remains were Caylee's. I have believed in her ever since.

I think the Dr. G deposition will be very short and to the point. There really aren't a lot of questions for the defense to ask. Dr. G's findings are pretty cut and dry, and I am sure that the defenses own private pathologists told them much the same. No obvious signs of trauma, no obvious signs of death. Remains found in an obvious unnatural state that is consistent with homicide. No obvious toxicology. etc. I think the depo wuth Dr. G will be surprisingly dull as will her testominy at trial. If the defense has any brains they will not seek to confront of challenge anything that Dr. G says, rather they will seek to make the point that none of Dr. G's findings directly points to their client.

I think the Dr. G deposition will be very short and to the point. There really aren't a lot of questions for the defense to ask. Dr. G's findings are pretty cut and dry, and I am sure that the defenses own private pathologists told them much the same. No obvious signs of trauma, no obvious signs of death. Remains found in an obvious unnatural state that is consistent with homicide. No obvious toxicology. etc. I think the depo wuth Dr. G will be surprisingly dull as will her testominy at trial. If the defense has any brains they will not seek to confront of challenge anything that Dr. G says, rather they will seek to make the point that none of Dr. G's findings directly points to their client.

Except the duct tape. the bags, the blanket and the fact that Caylee was ICA's child, last known to be in the company of ICA.

Except the duct tape. the bags, the blanket and the fact that Caylee was ICA's child, last known to be in the company of ICA.

About the only one of those items that will really lead to questioning of Dr. G is the duct tape. Maybe some clarification of the bags as they related to the body. But in both cases there are photographs of how everything was found. About the only real line of questioning will be whether the tape was pre or post mortem.

The defense will seek to clarify certain things in an attempt to downplay them, but once again there is not alot to work with in Dr. G's domain. The defense would be complete and utter fools to truly seek to go after her head on. She is a highly experienced witness who has probably seen the inside of more courtrooms than most of the defense council. Just get her to say there is no determined cause of death, and move on. Anything else has far more risk than benefit.

Dr. Green’s opinion was as follows:

She was a savagely abused child…issues of her mental state become insignificant…of course she was behaviorally challenged. This is why. But she was so bright, she compensated with the smiles that appeared in certain circumstances when she thought she was free.

(It should be noted that Dr. Green’s opinion that Caylee was an abused child is based not only on the finding of premature closure of the sagittal suture, but on the full packet of information including the autopsy report, forensics results to date, and a synopsis of Casey’s behavior.)

I don't know if Dr G holds the same theory or not-but I'm sure she will be unmoved by any defense challenges as she has much experience not only in forensics but also in the courtroom.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVMhxf4X6eA[/ame]

Here is a WESH clip of Dr. G testifying in court about the homocide of Bob Wards wife. Video quality is alittle jumpy-but you get a good idea of how she can handle a defense cross!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sEjnQ6BIqU[/ame]

I get so mad about the part where they want to grill her because she didn't know the cause of death. What part of throwing this baby out like trash in the woods and leaving her lying there through a hurricane, scavenging animals and heat until she was nothing but bones does the defense not understand?

Hey, is the lady lawyer with the jack-in-the-box going to questioning Dr. G. at the deposition or at trial? :laugh:

Ol' Smokey. What a stinky stinky man.

I too look forward to reading Dr. G's depo, if we get to. She's one of my heroes!

ITA Butterflylady!!
Welcome-5.gif

Hey, is the lady lawyer with the jack-in-the-box going to questioning Dr. G. at the deposition or at trial? :laugh:

Oh I hope so. I soooooooo hope so. I so want to see Dorothy Sims try her stuff and see how badly she fails with Dr. G. That will be very entertaining, for sure.

IIRC, LKB requested that Dr. G submit all her contracts with Discovery Channel (among every other paper she's ever written/see/touched/read/used as a firestarter). I wouldn't be surprised to see LKB try to attack Dr. G as a commercial "star" or somesuch nonsense.

IIRC, LKB requested that Dr. G submit all her contracts with Discovery Channel (among every other paper she's ever written/see/touched/read/used as a firestarter). I wouldn't be surprised to see LKB try to attack Dr. G as a commercial "star" or somesuch nonsense.

Ooh - great catch - I did not know that and I'm sure you are right!

Not that it will fluster Dr. G. one little bit - she's used to that by now, surely. And LKB's manner of questioning isn't as smooth as Dr. G.'s method of testifying.

Perhaps he and his other teammates are still burning that they were able to, LEGALLY, keep Baez et al out of the crime scene as they recovered Caylee's remains.

Yea, except they weren't Caylee's remains at that point. They were unidentified remains. Unless the defense knew something they weren't sharing.

Yea, except they weren't Caylee's remains at that point. They were unidentified remains. Unless the defense knew something they weren't sharing.

Yes! And it has always chaffed my behind the way JB acted like a spoiled 5 year old who wasn't getting his way when he was denied access to the scene where the remains were being recovered. They REALLY wanted to see/move/drop something there, IMO.

DR. G will do great! She has done this before..........no worries.

Yes! And it has always chaffed my behind the way JB acted like a spoiled 5 year old who wasn't getting his way when he was denied access to the scene where the remains were being recovered. They REALLY wanted to see/move/drop something there, IMO.

Chefmom!!! LOL - but now we see that is just normal behavior for Baez!:laugh:

Surely the depos are over by now and we have not seen JB in front of any cameras smirking. Maybe Dr. G made it all "real" for them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back