Reasons Terri May or May Not Have Done it

mmmagique

Deliver us from evil
Reaction score
Mods, please feel free to delete, move or otherwise take care of this. *lol*

We seem to have a sticking point as to some who are on the fence can not come down off the fence for either side until they have a reason.

Personally, I don't need a reason. I feel there is a reason that a prosecutor doesn't have to prove motive; it would be nice, but sometimes people are just evil for evil's sake, or at least for "reasons" we would never agree with or understand.

I can think of a few reasons off the top of my head; none of them worth the abduction and/or life of a sweet innocent child, but then again, someone else's priorities may be far different from mine.

1. convenience. He was in her way, and she wanted to be free of the encumbrance an exhuberant 7 year old boy can be.

2. jealousy. She had her own children and did not want to be bothered with someone else's child any longer.

3. hate. She hated Kaine (and probably Desiree) for whatever reasons, and used this to break them forever.

4. money. She never thought she would be caught, and could sue the school for negligence in losing her "son".

5. money again. If something were to happen to Kaine and if Kyron were not around, most, if not all inheiritance would probably go to her and to baby K.

I've got more, but those to me are the most likely just off the top of my head. But honestly, if someone is going to do something that evil, they don't always have a legitimate and valid reason. When that happens their family and loved ones say they "went crazy". Seldom, and sadly that is true. Generally, it's just because they didn't have the heart to look straight into the soul of the murderer they thought they knew.

Mods, please feel free to delete, move or otherwise take care of this. *lol*

We seem to have a sticking point as to some who are on the fence can not come down off the fence for either side until they have a reason.

Personally, I don't need a reason. I feel there is a reason that a prosecutor doesn't have to prove motive; it would be nice, but sometimes people are just evil for evil's sake, or at least for "reasons" we would never agree with or understand.

I can think of a few reasons off the top of my head; none of them worth the abduction and/or life of a sweet innocent child, but then again, someone else's priorities may be far different from mine.

1. convenience. He was in her way, and she wanted to be free of the encumbrance an exhuberant 7 year old boy can be.

2. jealousy. She had her own children and did not want to be bothered with someone else's child any longer.

3. hate. She hated Kaine (and probably Desiree) for whatever reasons, and used this to break them forever.

4. money. She never thought she would be caught, and could sue the school for negligence in losing her "son".

5. money again. If something were to happen to Kaine and if Kyron were not around, most, if not all inheiritance would probably go to her and to baby K.

I've got more, but those to me are the most likely just off the top of my head. But honestly, if someone is going to do something that evil, they don't always have a legitimate and valid reason. When that happens their family and loved ones say they "went crazy". Seldom, and sadly that is true. Generally, it's just because they didn't have the heart to look straight into the soul of the murderer they thought they knew.

I agree with your whole list and post mmm...a couple to add...

6. self-preservation. Kyron saw, heard or knkew something that would ruin Terry

7. means to an end gone wrong. Terry planned to use Kyron as ransom bait to get Kaine to deliver the $ and be killed and once she immediately became a POI defacto had to give up that plan

8. SHES JUST PLAIN EVIL!

I don't remember which one, but I swear this sentence sounds just like a character from Guys and Dolls. Actually, I think it's that visiting high-roller from Chicago...

I thought about this long and hard the other day, and the only one that made any sense to me was #5.
If she really wanted Kaine dead, his estate would probably go to Kyron, who would probably go back to Desiree. So in order to get rid of Kaine she would need to get rid of Kyron first. .

I read about one case on WS that was a revelation to me that the motives for murder don't have to make sense. To me, anyway. The details are a bit hazy now, I'm not sure if it was the father or the mother's new boyfriend but he beat a toddler to death because the baby got between him and his Playstation.

Money. She liked the lifestyle afforded her by being married to an Intel engineer. But she didn't like the Intel engineer.

If she offed the engineer first (MFH) then that would have left Kyron as an heir in the estate and a beneficiary in any life insurance policies.

So the heir/beneficiary had to go before the engineer could be taken out.

She never expected Kaine to push her out of the house. Her plan was to play the mourning stepmother, let things take their own course for awhile. After awhile of Kaine mourning Kyron, he would be the next to go. Whether by contrived suicide or accident...

That would leave Terri to inherit the house, the property, everything. Including life insurance payouts.

I'm not firmly committed to this explanation, but it's just one that I've toyed with.

The other motive I see is just that she's an (unusual person) and hated Kyron, saw him as competition for the baby, and couldn't stand that.

I have to say I fully believe TMH is guilty of whatever happened to Kyron and that hate is one of the reasons. Hate and money.

KH says after baby "K" was born they started having problems, they worked on them and he felt they had settled things.
That said, Terri may not have seen things as "settled" in her mind.

It is highly possible whatever their problems were led TMH to hate KH.
I think she wanted them both gone.
Had Kyron's case not drawn national attention they both may well have been.

Money via school suit, life insurance and pension funds may have also motivated TH to 'do something'.

Sex, jealousy and money.... Ah the roots of evil!

Question-hypothetical: It's obvious that Terri set this up to look like a stranger abduction, with her saying that there was a male chaperone that no one knew and that Kyron was seen with him.

So, Kyron disappears - the male chaperone is blamed.

Then say, for the sake of this question, Kaine is killed in an accident or feigned suicide a year from now.

Would BabyK stand to receive social security monthly checks after her father passed away? Would Terri receive anything from SS after Kaine's demise?

Thanks to anyone who understands the intricacies of SSI and all... I know nothing about any of it.

My latest musings on why are here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5612190&postcount=826"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5612190&postcount=826[/ame]

Question-hypothetical: It's obvious that Terri set this up to look like a stranger abduction, with her saying that there was a male chaperone that no one knew and that Kyron was seen with him.

Then say, for the sake of this question, Kaine is killed in an accident or feigned suicide a year from now.

Would BabyK stand to receive social security monthly checks after her father passed away? Would Terri receive anything from SS after Kaine's demise?

Thanks to anyone who understands the intricacies of SSI and all... I know nothing about any of it.

If Kaine (or Terri) dies, baby K is entitled to a monthly stipend from SS, the amount contingent on what either parent paid in. Terri or Kaine would not be eligible to collect any SS from the other's SS until they reach the age of ... I believe 55. I could be wrong on that.

Neither will be entitled to a spousal stipend, of course, once they are divorced.

I can speak from personal familial experience about the children. My nephew's father was killed in a motorcycle accident when my nephew was 15. His parents were divorced though. Mom remarried. Father did not. Nephew received monthly payments of around 900.00 per month until the age of 18. That was because they average the total amount in SS benefits versus the age of the child. Since my nephew was older, the amount divvied up was larger and the years he could receive it were smaller.

Yes to both. The baby would receive benefits until 18, I think, and Terri until the baby is 16, I think. Probably something in the $2200/mo range, total, I think. Terri would get the benefits as the caretaker of the minor child. Later, after she retires, she would then be entitled to the regular retirement benefits.

"Social Security survivors benefits can be paid to:
A widow or widower -- full benefits at full retirement age, or reduced benefits as early as age 60
A disabled widow or widower -- as early as age 50
A widow or widower at any age if he or she takes care of the deceased's child who is under age 16 or disabled, and receiving Social Security benefits
Unmarried children under 18, or up to age 19 if they are attending high school full time. Under certain circumstances, benefits can be paid to stepchildren, grandchildren, or adopted children.
Children at any age who were disabled before age 22 and remain disabled.
Dependent parents age 62 or older"

http://www.ssa.gov/ww&os2.htm

Money. She liked the lifestyle afforded her by being married to an Intel engineer. But she didn't like the Intel engineer.
I'm not so sure that being the wife of this particular Intel engineer was financially satisfying to Terri. Very early in the investigation I looked up Kaine's last house (in Aloha/Beaverton) and was surprised that it was not in the best neighborhood. And I don't think the house he lives in now is commensurate with what he makes at Intel. Plus Kaine has said that he was, "Controlling with my money — yeah, because she was spending all of it. She was going out and spending it like water and not checking with me where we should be spending our money." I think this factors into her feeling hatred toward Kaine and probably feeling like he was a failure at giving her the lifestyle she thought befitted her.

I'm not 100% that Terri is the perp but I do think the probability of her being responsible is high and if she did do it I put the hatred of Kaine at the forefront of her reasons.

I'm not so sure that being the wife of this particular Intel engineer was financially satisfying to Terri. Very early in the investigation I looked up Kaine's last house (in Aloha/Beaverton) and was surprised that it was not in the best neighborhood. And I don't think the house he lives in now is commensurate with what he makes at Intel. Plus Kaine has said that he was, "Controlling with my money — yeah, because she was spending all of it. She was going out and spending it like water and not checking with me where we should be spending our money." I think this factors into her feeling hatred toward Kaine and probably feeling like he was a failure at giving her the lifestyle she thought befitted her.

I'm not 100% that Terri is the perp but I do think the probability of her being responsible is high and if she did do it I put the hatred of Kaine at the forefront of her reasons.

TIA with your post and it made me think of the Hawaiian wedding and the Red Mustang Mother's Day gift, so Kaine certainly wasn't cheap...however, I doubt these were really his ideas IYKWIM? He doesn't strike me as a flashy person, however TH does (ex. the body building competition).

Revenge/wanted to be rid of him and/or Kaine, etc.

There isn't much evidence pointing toward an inability to let go on Terri's part. She's been married three times and has divorced two men. She and one of her ex-husbands cheated on each other, but to my knowledge, and probably to his knowledge since he speaks highly of her, it ended amicably despite the inherent complications of adultery. She isn't fighting the divorce from Kaine. A narcissistic sociopath with borderline personality disorder (or whatever diagnosis people want to ascribe Terri) would probably be wrecking her case with all kinds of grandiose demands and refusals, causing a scene and being a general pain in the *advertiser censored* for her lawyer. With the exception of the Michael Cook fiasco, Terri has been remarkably quiet and is adhering to what are obviously Houze's rules for defending her.

Did she resent Kyron?

Terri helped raise Kyron and was his primary caregiver for most of his life. By all accounts, she loved him. The swim instructor said he didn't even know Kyron was Terri's stepson until Kyron disappeared. J, who lived in the house and who was raised alongside Kyron, says Kyron wasn't treated differently than him. Pictures can be deceiving, but Kyron appears well cared for -- he's included in games, family rituals, holidays, gift giving, interaction with baby K and J, special outings, his clothes are nice, he's clean, he appears healthy, his basic needs have been addressed (glasses, etc.), Terri drove him for weekend visits with his mother, Terri kept Desiree informed (perhaps over-informed) about Kyron's progress in school, pictures were taken of him, attention was given him by Terri as she volunteered in his classroom and helped him with his projects. Not even Desiree will call Terri a bad mother. She's called her a good actress, she's called her a liar, she's accused her of being involved in Kyron's disappearance, but she hasn't come out and accused Terri being a bad mother or abusive to Kyron. In fact, she said that Terri had given Kyron what he needed and that Kyron didn't complain about Terri in any way that was abnormal. Other witnesses have come forward to say that Terri loved her children. She referred to Kyron as her son and he called her mom.

$$$

IMHO, money is out. The cunning of the plan involved speaks to the intelligence of the person who committed this crime even if it is only common sense intelligence. IMHO, if Terri was smart enough, in a common sense way, to pull this off, she would've been smart enough to realize how convoluted it would be for Kyron's disappearance to benefit her financially.

Time

Most of Terri's day checks out. She didn't just account for her time, but LE have verified it. It stretches the suspension of disbelief for me to imagine that she abducted Kyron from his school with her 18 month old daughter in tow, incapacitated him, again, with baby K in tow, and drove around Portland with his dead and/or incapacitated body in the truck while she established her alibis. Knowing her incapacitated or dead stepson was in her truck in the parking lot, she ran into the acquaintance from the gym, had a completely normal, if longer than usual, conversation with this woman, giving nothing away. After establishing her alibis, she then proceeded, with her daughter in tow, to drive to an undisclosed location, leave baby K in the truck, murder the boy she's dedicated the last several years of her life raising and/ or dispose of him (if he was already dead), and then head to the gym without missing a beat. Somehow, no one sees her doing anything nefarious at Skyline or anywhere else, and she leaves behind absolutely no evidence of her crimes. This cold-hearted, cunning woman, the one who planned the nearly flawless abduction and murder of her stepson, is caught three weeks later with batphones and sexting her husband's high school friend.

I don't buy it.

I can speak from personal familial experience about the children. My nephew's father was killed in a motorcycle accident when my nephew was 15. His parents were divorced though. Mom remarried. Father did not. Nephew received monthly payments of around 900.00 per month until the age of 18. That was because they average the total amount in SS benefits versus the age of the child. Since my nephew was older, the amount divvied up was larger and the years he could receive it were smaller.

You just jogged my memory about something. Iirc, the Dad of the other little boy in the sci fair photos was killed in a motorcycle accident in September 2009 or sometime around then. I wonder if TH's contact with this family and mother clued her in on just how much money one can be paid in the event of a spouse's sudden death. That was a theory on the blogs very early on and I think it came from a local/Skyliner. Maybe someone who knew TH? Just my speculation.

And the timing...right around the time of the alleged mfh plot. Maybe TH discussed that event with the LS. jmoms

I don't feel that I can contribute to this discussion because, frankly, I'm not sure what "it" is that Terri (or someone else) is supposed to have done.

In my poll about Kyron's Fate, I posed several possibilities of what might have happened to Kyron, but none of us know factually the who, what, where, when, why, or how in this case. And, with as many options as I posed in my poll, there are obviously many folks who think that something "other" than those possibilities took place.

When I know what "it" is, I'll feel more comfortable about expressing my thoughts about the reasons for whatever happened to dear Kyron and who is responsible. jmo

Did it:
Because she could and because she is mean. Perhaps she wanted to destroy something that belonged to both Kaine and Desiree in the hopes that their daughter (meaning Kaines and Terri's) would come front and center in their lives.

Didnt Do It-
She didnt do it if her explanation of the events of the day have been adequately vetted by LE and they reach that conclusion. And hold a press conference.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back