TN TN - Lauryn Dickens, 9 mos, Memphis, 7 Sept 2010 - *S. Dickens guilty*

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Mother of missing child says she handed baby over to stranger

A woman admitted to Memphis Police she gave her missing 10-month-old baby girl to a total stranger.

Police issued a city watch alert for Lauryn Dickens Friday as they tried to determine if the mother's story was true.

Dickens' mother claimed she handed the child over to a stranger 10 days ago at her apartment in Raleigh. She told the woman who took the baby told her she was a friend of the baby's father.

Investigators determined the baby's father is actually in jail. He denied knowing anything about his daughter's disappearance.

More: http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13176026

City Watch for 10-Month Old Baby

[snip]

The little girl was last seen on the 4900-block of Yale with an unknown white female, described as between 40 – 50 years old with shoulder-length gray hair parted in the middle, least seen wearing glasses, a white button-down blouse, khaki Capri pants and sandals.

Lauryn Dickens is 21", 17lbs, with brown eyes, black hair pulled into two afro puffs, and last seen wearing a brown onesie with a pink flower and pink dots. Lauryn also has a skin rash on the back of her forearms and knees.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/091710-city-watch-for-10-month-old-baby

lauryn_dickens_20100917171711_320_240.JPG

Photo: Memphis Police

What a beautiful child. I hope she is ok but I feel something terribly wrong with her story.

Praying for this sweet baby, please lets have a good ending. :praying:

LAURYN DICKENS, Age Now: 0, Missing: 09/07/2010. Missing From MEMPHIS, TN. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Memphis Police Department (Tennessee) 1-901-545-2677.

Lauryn was last seen September 7, 2010. She may be in the company of an adult female. Lauryn was last seen wearing a brown onesie with a pink flower and pink dots. She has a skin rash on both forearms and inner knees.

More...

Lauryn's NCMEC Poster: http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1156424&seqNum=1

Non-Family Abduction

Circumstances: Lauryn was last seen September 7, 2010. She may be in the company of an adult female. Lauryn was last seen wearing a brown onesie with a pink flower and pink dots. She has a skin rash on both forearms and inner knees.

(They list her as 9-months old instead of 10-months.)

http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=13176026

Posted: Sep 17, 2010 9:40 PM EDT
Updated: Sep 18, 2010 8:32 AM EDT
By Jason Miles

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - A woman admitted to Memphis Police she gave her missing 10-month-old baby girl to a total stranger.

Police issued a city watch alert for Lauryn Dickens Friday as they tried to determine if the mother's story was true.

I have a bad feeling about this one... it is like she took elements from the Anthony case (waiting for days to report it... albeit 10 days instead of a whole month) and Baby Gabriel's case (handing child over to a "stranger").

I have a bad feeling about this one... it is like she took elements from the Anthony case (waiting for days to report it... albeit 10 days instead of a whole month) and Baby Gabriel's case (handing child over to a "stranger").

ITA: Hink-meter is on over-drive with this one!

Personally, I don't think the mother handed the baby over to anyone. I think she probably killed her and hid her body somewhere. I hope and pray that I am wrong.

Too many times we've heard this same story, only to find out the "caregiver" has killed the child.

JMO, MOO, and all other disclaimers...

Yes I'm afraid I think the same thing, the handing over to a stranger thing is just very improbable.

Mother admits giving away baby, says father may know where she is

Police say a Memphis mother has admitted to giving her baby to a stranger, and not reporting the incident for ten days.

Police believe of the parents of the baby, Lauryn Dickens, knows where she is, and the convoluted situation may be a case of "custodial interference."

[snip]

Monday, police said baby's father, Benjamin Norfleet, is in jail on a building burglary charge. He told police he knows nothing about the baby's location.

But according to an incident report, the baby's mother, Shakara Dickens, told police she talked with Norfleet on September 7 about "the welfare of the child and her not being able to care for the child properly."

The report said Norfleet told Dickens to, "give the child to an unknown female-white."

Dickens said the woman came to her Raleigh apartment complex that day. She allegedly gave the baby to the woman, and has not seen her daughter for about a week and a half.

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13185835

Memphis Father of Missing 10-Month Baby May Know her Whereabouts

It's been two weeks since Lauryn Dickens has been missing. But her mother, Shakara Dickens, waited 10 days to report her daughter missing, after she gave her baby to a complete stranger. Police said their number one concern is the safety of that baby and time may be running out.

[snip]

Amber Alerts are only issued when a child is abducted and is in imminent danger. So far there's no evidence that could lead police to believe the child is in harms way.

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/new...nth-Baby-May-Know/aoyFBI0FeECFZkSeJXagPQ.cspx

Is it just me, or do the two pieces above completely negate each other? No evidence that could lead police to believe Lauryn is in harms way??? Her mother gave her to a *complete stranger*, didn't report her missing for 10 days, the police are concerned, and they believe time is running out.

Another article said that they didn't issue the Alert because the mother willingly gave the baby to the woman. Ummm, so what! She was still taken away by a person without custody. UGH! The only reason I can see for them not issuing the alert is time. They often don't issue them after a day or two. But to say that they didn't because they don't believe she's in harm's way? Bull$h!t.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back