18 Sept 2010 - Possible plea deal in Baby Gabriel case fuels uproar

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Possible plea deal in Baby Gabriel case fuels uproar
Sept. 18, 2010 07:18 AM

News that Tammi Peters Smith, one of the women at the heart of the Baby Gabriel case, is discussing a plea bargain has triggered a new Facebook page, sent a ripple of posts on some of the 20 others and angered some Gilbert and San Antonio mothers who are against any deal.

It has also prompted Smith, 38, of Scottsdale, to say she will be exonerated.

"The public doesn't know the truth," said Smith, referring in part to many pages of evidence people haven't seen. "Once the truth comes out I will be proved innocent."

Smith is charged with custodial interference and forgery and has a Sept. 27 status conference scheduled in Maricopa County Superior Court.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...riel-plea-deal-upsets-many.html#ixzz0zsssThTL

:silenced: :silenced: :silenced:

Possible plea deal in Baby Gabriel case fuels uproar
Sept. 18, 2010 07:18 AM

News that Tammi Peters Smith, one of the women at the heart of the Baby Gabriel case, is discussing a plea bargain has triggered a new Facebook page, sent a ripple of posts on some of the 20 others and angered some Gilbert and San Antonio mothers who are against any deal.

It has also prompted Smith, 38, of Scottsdale, to say she will be exonerated.

"The public doesn't know the truth," said Smith, referring in part to many pages of evidence people haven't seen. "Once the truth comes out I will be proved innocent."

Smith is charged with custodial interference and forgery and has a Sept. 27 status conference scheduled in Maricopa County Superior Court.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...riel-plea-deal-upsets-many.html#ixzz0zsssThTL

:silenced: :silenced: :silenced:

bbm

If you only knew the whole story. When the facts come out. When the truth is finally revealed. This seems to be the mantra of so many defendants in the criminal justice system. They posture for the public while their lawyer feverishly works to get them a plea deal. Uproar? You bet.

moo

The only plea deal I'll accept is if she gives up where baby Gabriel is. Anything less should be off the table!

MOO

Mel

bbm

If you only knew the whole story. When the facts come out. When the truth is finally revealed. This seems to be the mantra of so many defendants in the criminal justice system. They posture for the public while their lawyer feverishly works to get them a plea deal. Uproar? You bet.

moo

In my opinion, when the facts of this case about Tammi Smith come out, and the truth and full story are known about her, there will be an uproar and outrage throughout the public at how this woman and her self-centered, obsessive, sociopathic quest for a baby, resulted in the loss of this precious baby.

God bless and protect baby Gabriel.

If TPS is given a plea deal, I agree with other posters on this board, any plea deal should ONLY be granted AFTER Gabriel is in the hands of the authorities and in turn to Logan. I also believe that the plea deal should be open to adjustments, if a medical examination shows any injury to Gabriel, no matter how minor that injury may be.

It would definately be a bitter pill to swallow, if TPS received less jail/prison time due to a possible plea deal. It would be easier to accept if CPS would immediately step in and remove any children from TPS's home and ensure that TPS would never be allowed to be around children again!

Why does a person who can be exonerated by the truth, NEED a plea deal in the first place????>?

Why does a person who can be exonerated by the truth, NEED a plea deal in the first place????>?

lol good question. If there is evidence to show she is innocent as she claims, why in God's name would she plead guilty to get a better deal on sentencing for a crime she can prove she is innocent of? :waitasec:

She WANTS a Plea deal??????? I bet you she knows damn well where that baby is and what happened to him.

I hate them BOTH.

NO plea deal until either A. Gabriel is Located and returned safe to his family or B. Someone spills the beans about what really happened to Gabriel.

Ditto. And if Tammy and Elizabeth can't prove that Gabriel is still alive I would like to see a charge of Conspiracy to commit Murder. If he is never found can't he be declared legally dead in 7 years????? Just asking because I'M A VINDICTIVE B........ WHO WANTS THOSE INVOLVED TO SUFFER THE WORSE CONSEQUENCES available!!!!!! No Gabriel no plea deal!!!!!

lol good question. If there is evidence to show she is innocent as she claims, why in God's name would she plead guilty to get a better deal on sentencing for a crime she can prove she is innocent of? :waitasec:

Well, she sure as heck can't prove she's innocent of putting false information on the court forms for EJ, because she's admitted it multiple times in front of video cameras.

Is Plea Deal In Works In Gabriel Johnson Case?
A Key Player In Disappearance Might Be Bargaining With Prosecutors

http://www.kpho.com/news/25091292/detail.html

Tammi Smith said her attorneys are looking at a possible plea bargain on her forgery charge.

Smith said she doesn't want a plea bargain because she expects her name will be cleared on all charges.

Tammi Smith said her attorneys are looking at a possible plea bargain on her forgery charge.

Smith said she doesn't want a plea bargain because she expects her name will be cleared on all charges.

bbm

Tammi doesn't want a plea bargain? She should join NO PLEA DEAL. :D

moo

Ditto. And if Tammy and Elizabeth can't prove that Gabriel is still alive I would like to see a charge of Conspiracy to commit Murder. If he is never found can't he be declared legally dead in 7 years????? Just asking because I'M A VINDICTIVE B........ WHO WANTS THOSE INVOLVED TO SUFFER THE WORSE CONSEQUENCES available!!!!!! No Gabriel no plea deal!!!!!

Yes, I believe it is 7 years before you can declare someone legally dead.
I hope he isn't gone but as more time goes by.......... it does not look good.

KPHO.com
POSTED: 3:41 pm MST September 20, 2010
UPDATED: 4:59 pm MST September 20, 2010

CBS 5 News spoke with Tammi and Jack Smith, the couple who have been involved in the Gabriel saga from the beginning, by phone Monday.

snip

Smith said she doesn't deny putting her cousin's name on the documents, but she said she it wasn't supposed to mean anything. She also told CBS 5 News she's not guilty of the forgery charge or the conspiracy to commit custodial interference charges she's facing.

KPHO.com
POSTED: 3:41 pm MST September 20, 2010
UPDATED: 4:59 pm MST September 20, 2010

CBS 5 News spoke with Tammi and Jack Smith, the couple who have been involved in the Gabriel saga from the beginning, by phone Monday.

snip

Smith said she doesn't deny putting her cousin's name on the documents, but she said she it wasn't supposed to mean anything. She also told CBS 5 News she's not guilty of the forgery charge or the conspiracy to commit custodial interference charges she's facing.

I'm a tad confused on this. She doesn't deny putting his name on the doc, but it didn't mean anything so therefore she's not guilty? I don't believe I've heard of that defense before. Why is there always some sort of justification for her actions? That forged name that she admits to putting on the paper that she says didn't mean anything....it does mean something. It means she was willing to do what she had to do to get her hands on Gabriel. It means that perhaps if that forgery had not taken place to begin with Logan would be playing with his now 1 1/2 yr old son. It means that Gabriel would be with his family where he rightly belongs. For the life of me I don't know how that can be justified. That one doc snowballed to where we are now and thats a missing baby and 2 key players who have charges against them and no answers coming forth. Gabriel deserves better than this as does his father.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back