Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1482DMMA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1482dmma.html

Jesus De La Cruz
Missing since September 28, 1996 from Lynn, Essex County, Massachusetts
Classification: Non Family Abduction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: January 3, 1990
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 6 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0"; 60 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic Male. Brown hair; brown eyes. Left ear is pierced
•Marks, Scars: Scar above the left eye; birthmark on his left calf, and another one on the left side of his forehead.
•Clothing: White t-shirt and blue jeans with brown high-top shoes
•Dentals: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
De La Cruz was last seen in Lynn, Massachusetts in the company of a white male on Park Street on September 28, 1996.
Prosecutors named a suspect in the disappearance of the boy, but couldn't come up with enough evidence to charge the man.
A playmate told police he last saw Jesus at about 18.00, walking away with a man who had promised him a new bike. With them was a dog with one white eye and one brown eye. A dog matching the description given by the playmate was found by police at one of the addresses the suspect had given as recent homes.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Lynn Police Department
Captain Mark O'Toole
781-595-2000

NCMEC Number: NCMC823722

Source Information:
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Massachusetts State Police
NewsStandard
The Daily Item 9/28/02
Mass. Live
North Shore 1/26/07

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/delacruz_jesus.html
Suspect named at link above.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2739/2/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: Initial inquiry underway
Fingerprints: NA

Lots of archived articles but I could only find pay per view at this time.

Jesus has been missing almost 14 years. Come home soon sweetie.

Attachments

• JDCruz.jpg
    JDCruz.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 73
  • JDCruz1 Progressed by NCMEC to age 19 (circa 2009).jpg
    JDCruz1 Progressed by NCMEC to age 19 (circa 2009).jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 73
Jesus De La Cruz has been missing for 19 years now.

I'm confused on how an obvious POI has essentially been let go by investigators. Was the other child's account of the events seen as untrue?

ETA: You might need a subscription to read this article. It was written on September 23rd.

"Racing for the prize: Amesbury team enters Fireball Run"

http://www.newburyportnews.com/news/local_news/racing-for-the-prize/article_40cff9ee-1426-5fef-bc2d-13484defc087.html

As with each year, there is a more serious side to the Fireball Run as each team rolls sporting a decal with a missing child’s vital information. Team Amesbury is riding in support of the family of Jesus De La Cruz of Lynn who was born in 1990 and has been missing since 1996.

"I do remember that this was a pretty big story in the day," Morrill said. "A lot of the people that I have spoken with since we have been given our missing child have said they remember that story and it was big doings in 1996. There is a lot of behind that is what I am being told."

With the alleged murder of Dorchester's Bella Bond dominating the Boston news market, a father and soon to be a grandfather himself, Morrill said he understands that the plight or missing or abused children has found its way into people's hearts once again.

After 20 years, Jesus De La Cruz is still missing

http://www.wcvb.com/news/20-years-later-lynn-boy-who-disappeared-still-missing/41851338

Jesus De La Cruz was last seen on Sept. 28, 1996, on Park Street in Lynn toward the town common. Police believe he was lured away by a man promising Jesus a new bike.

"The friend gave us a statement they were on the common and approached by a white male with long dark hair," Chief Kevin Coppinger said. "He had a dog with two different eyes, a white eye and a brown eye."

Coppinger was a Lynn lieutenant when Jesus was lured away and as desperate as he is for closure from an investigative standpoint, his heart aches for the family who's missed him all these years.

"You just think what if? What if he was 26 years old today? What did you miss over the last 20 years," Coppinger said.

still missing:

de-la-cruz-jesuspng-5958e69b45b8b6a9.png

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/06/110_missing_children_from_mass.html

I remember when his mother hired a psychic and the psychic claimed that he was somewhere on the grounds of the Tewksbury State Hospital, which wasn't too far from me. There were folks combing the grounds, and I believe some checked out the tunnels as well, he was obviously never found.

This story had so many rumors going around, mainly surrounding the mother. It breaks my heart that he has never been found. It sounds like he had a rough life at home, and it appears that his life probably ended that way as well. I would love to think that some loving family member took him away and raised him in a happy home elsewhere, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Wherever you are, Jesus, I pray you are in the loving hands of Jesus if you passed away already, or are living a happy life somewhere out there.

I was just talking about this case with a former co-worker recently and wondered if it had been posted here...It is hard to believe so much time has passed and nothing...Back when this happened I was working with people who knew the family and it was such a horrible thing to watch because everyone was suffering. I feel that kids maybe saw more than they said to LE out of fear. Maybe one day since so much time has passed and these kids are no longer kids, but possibly parents or relatives of younger children, they will have the courage to speak up and this case can be solved.

I wonder if the POI in this case was ever suspected or convicted of other crimes.
Whoever took Jesus was a dangerous person.
My heart goes out to his family.

This makes me so frustrated that this hasn't been solved. I lived in the area and worked with people who were familiar with this family and friends of this child who were to young understand what was going on at the time. Honestly that he was taken by someone that was known to the family (JMO) and taken out of the country. The police were working day and night searching and I think if he were taken, he would have been found. I know initially, they were trying (or hoping) this was connected to other cases, but it did not fit, and other offenders were apprehended (and missing children recovered). This is one of the few missing children's cases where I am optimistic, he might be alive somewhere, but I think it's irrelevant and I don't want to start rumors. It is an opinion only because there is no evidence to support anything else that I know of. Regardless, he will never know his mom and she missed raising her son if, in fact, he is alive. All I remember is that he was taken nearby his home, very quickly, riding his bike during the late afternoon...which is a bold move. If you knew the neighborhood back then, that would be hard to do if it were a stranger abduction The more I think and the older I get, the more thoughts I have...I hope that someday the person or people behind this finally get apprehended.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back