1071 users online (284 members and 787 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Police alert: 5 adults, 8 children plan mass suicide MERGED

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100919/...JpZmZzc2Vhcg--

Sheriffs search for 13 members of LA-area 'cult'

Five adults and eight children from a "cult-like" group in Southern California were reported missing by their families Saturday, and the group left behind letters that they were awaiting the rapture, authorities said.

Husbands of two group members, who are from the Palmdale area in northern Los Angeles County, reported the people missing early Saturday, and sheriff's deputies were searching for three vehicles.

One of the men had a purse he was asked to hold by one of the group members, and inside were identifications, deeds to property, and letters indicating they were awaiting the end of the world.

"They were awaiting the rapture or some other catastrophic event," Parker said.

The group's leader, Reyna Marisol Chicas of Palmdale, was among the missing, Parker said...."

more at link

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!

Police alert: 5 adults, 8 children plan mass suicide

Officials in Southern California on Saturday evening issued an emergency alert for five adults and eight children in a "cult-like" group believed to be planning a mass suicide.
    "They were awaiting the rapture or some other catastrophic event," Los Angeles County Sheriff's captain Mike Parker said at a hastily called news conference late Saturday.
    The group from Palmdale was believed to be traveling in three vehicles, a 2004 Nissan Quest, a 1995 Mercury Villager and a silver Toyota Tundra pickup, the California Highway Patrol said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39251083...me_and_courts/
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

http://wireupdate.com/wires/9960/mis...ass-suicide-2/
    Missing California church members believed to plan mass suicide
    Sunday, September 19th, 2010 at 3:35 am
    By Monica Lawrence

PALMDALE, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) -- Officials in Southern California on Saturday evening issued an emergency alert for five adults and nine children believed to be planning a mass suicide.

The missing group were last seen at around 1 a.m. PDT on Saturday at a prayer meeting at a Palmdale, California church, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP). They left in three vehicles with an unknown destination.

Numerous letters were later found by relatives that state that the group was going to heaven shortly to meet Jesus and their deceased relatives. "It is believed, through further investigation, that the missing person's intentions are to commit mass suicide," the California Highway Patrol said, adding that the letters were suicide notes.

Two husbands of two of the church members reported the persons missing at around 2 p.m. PDT. "They were in possession of a bag that contained identification of all the missing persons, currency, possessions, and numerous letters," CHP said."

more

Reyna Marisol Chicas, 32, Palmdale

"The missing adults include three women who are sisters.

Earlier this year, the group had planned to head to Vasquez Rocks, a wilderness area near Palmdale, to await a similar event, but one member of the group revealed details of the trip to family members and it was called off.

"That person was ostracized from the group and kicked out," Parker said."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

I'm sorry for any children pulled into these situations...I hope they at least are rescused. I don't have much sympathy for the adults, they are old enough to decide for themselves at least...
    Just my opinion, of course.

How old are these CHILDREN? Children are not going to know what this means, especially if they are young. They are going to trust the adults. That is murder.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,7862982.story

Authorities search for members of cult-like Palmdale group reported missing in feared suicide plot

Five adults and at least eight children are reported missing after leaving a prayer meeting, officials say.

snipped

Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said the children were ages 3 to 17, including six boys and two girls. The adults and children were reported missing Saturday afternoon by the husbands of two women in the group, officials said.

We do not think this is a hoax. We don't know that this is a potential suicide, but we know that it's real and we're going to find them," Whitmore said.

The adults, including three sisters, belong a religious sect that broke off from a Palmdale church whose name was unknown, Whitmore said.

Among those missing, the CHP alert said, is Reyna Marisol Chicas, 32, described as the leader of the group.

Sheriff's patrol cars and several helicopters were scouring the Antelope Valley for the group, officials said.

The husbands walked into a Palmdale sheriff's station at 2 p.m. carrying a bag of belongings the missing people left behind, including identification, cash, cellphones, deeds to homes and letters, according to Whitmore.

"The letters essentially state that they [the missing persons] are all going to heaven shortly to meet Jesus and their deceased relatives," the alert said. "Numerous letters found say goodbye to their relatives."

Oh bless, 8 children cannot plan a suicide - that's just a ridiculous statement. So sad for all of them, and hope they are found alive soon.

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    How old are these CHILDREN? Children are not going to know what this means, especially if they are young. They are going to trust the adults. That is murder.
    Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said the children were ages 3 to 17, including six boys and two girls.

Wow. This is just horrible and just read the alert on twitter. OMG. No Comment until I read more about it all. Hey Jbean! xoxo! But oh my. Awful, just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post

Reyna Marisol Chicas, 32, Palmdale

"The missing adults include three women who are sisters.

Earlier this year, the group had planned to head to Vasquez Rocks, a wilderness area near Palmdale, to await a similar event, but one member of the group revealed details of the trip to family members and it was called off.

"That person was ostracized from the group and kicked out," Parker said."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
    the person kicked out may be counting their lucky stars soon

unusual to see a female head of a cult, albeit a small cult

wonder what the husbands thought of the group prior to this circumstance

The article linked above was just updated with names and ages which were not included in the original one:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100919/...hlcmlmZnNzZWFy

"According to an emergency bulletin put out by the governor's office, in addition to Chicas, the missing include: Norma Isela Serrano, 31, Alma Alicia Miranda Pleitez, 28; Martha Clavel, 39; Jose Clavel, 15; Crystal Clavel, 3; Roberto Tejada, 18; Jonathan Tejada, 17; Hugo Tejada, 3; Ezequel Chicas, 15; Genisis Chicas, 12; Bryan Rivera, 17; Stephanie Serrano, 12."

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    The article linked above was just updated with names and ages which were not included in the original one:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100919/...hlcmlmZnNzZWFy

"According to an emergency bulletin put out by the governor's office, in addition to Chicas, the missing include: Norma Isela Serrano, 31, Alma Alicia Miranda Pleitez, 28; Martha Clavel, 39; Jose Clavel, 15; Crystal Clavel, 3; Roberto Tejada, 18; Jonathan Tejada, 17; Hugo Tejada, 3; Ezequel Chicas, 15; Genisis Chicas, 12; Bryan Rivera, 17; Stephanie Serrano, 12."
    Oh my and just awful. Breaks your heart. Oh my. xoxoxoox

This is so horrible. Why oh why do they insist on pulling the children into these things? I think this is so sad and I am hoping we get some good news on the children soon. Blessings for them.

As an adult, they have a choice on what they want to do, as crazy as it may sound but leave the children ALONE.

Goz

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    I hope they find these children! These kids should be taken from these people and placed with family members who are NOT CRAZY!

Tragic!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast