1480 users online (271 members and 1209 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Desiree Quote "the horrible truth"

Does anyone still have the Oprah interview on their DVR? I actually deleted mine to make room for football.

I heard something (on the net) about a quote from Desiree on the show that I must have missed. I don't know what the question was but her answer was something like ""I gotta tell that in a million years, I could not have imagined the horrible truth of what we know now..."

I can't find a transcript or tape on the net anywhere with the interview. Did anyone hear this exchange? Can you put it in context for me? Also, if anyone has a clip of the show, I'd appreciate it too. Oprah's staff is very good about keeping stuff off of Youtube.
    Last edited by loves2bmom; 09-20-2010 at 02:19 PM.

You know, I find it very interesting that it appears that ALL segments of the show aren't on her website. I could have sworn last week the segment about the Discovery Channel was there! Kaine and Desiree's appearance was never linked on her site at all.

Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    You know, I find it very interesting that it appears that ALL segments of the show aren't on her website. I could have sworn last week the segment about the Discovery Channel was there! Kaine and Desiree's appearance was never linked on her site at all.
    Well, there is this one link that explains the backstory but not a transcript or video. If you want the transcript from a show you have to pay $24.95.

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Missi...ents-Speak-Out

It's here:

http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Discov...s-Come-Forward

Well, I guess not. The Oprah moderator said it was there, but they must have pulled it?
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Thanks for finding the summary story....but where is the video?

Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    Thanks for finding that Billylee! Do you think that's everything? I don't see the quote I was looking for. Did anyone keep their DVR? Apparently it's about 5 min. in to the interview?? This really could be absolutely nothing but just thought I'd check.

Loves2bMom do you have a link to where you saw this quote that you mention in your post? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by loves2bmom View Post
    Thanks for finding that Billylee! Do you think that's everything? I don't see the quote I was looking for. Did anyone keep their DVR? Apparently it's about 5 min. in to the interview?? This really could be absolutely nothing but just thought I'd check.

I don't recall those words, but doesn't mean it couldn't have been said. LOL It was such a short interview, I'm wondering if maybe you heard that in another interview with Desiree somewhere?

Desiree Young: The worst hell I've ever experienced. I can't even explain it. Never in a million years would've thought we would be here.

Is this what you're looking for? It's from here:

http://www.kptv.com/news/24037975/detail.html

Here is one very short clip from the show and I hear a few more words than was is written in the Oregonian article posted above. Could be that was not a complete transcript.

http://www.kval.com/news/local/103090759.html?tab=video

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
    Loves2bMom do you have a link to where you saw this quote that you mention in your post? Thanks.
    I don't think I can link that site....that's why the plea for anyone who has a copy of the tape or can find it on the net. If no one has it, I understand if we need to close this. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by loves2bmom View Post
    Here is one very short clip from the show and I hear a few more words than was is written in the Oregonian article posted above. Could be that was not a complete transcript.

http://www.kval.com/news/local/103090759.html?tab=video
    That Oregonian piece is where they were blogging it live. I don't think they meant it as a complete transcript.

Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    Desiree Young: The worst hell I've ever experienced. I can't even explain it. Never in a million years would've thought we would be here.

Is this what you're looking for? It's from here:

http://www.kptv.com/news/24037975/detail.html
    Billylee...I think this might be it. I think someone (maybe me..LOL) was confusing interviews! I'll keep searching for Oprah though and understand if this thread is closed.

ETA: That's definitely it Billy...I just watched the whole thing. Thanks for straightening me out!
    Last edited by loves2bmom; 09-20-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: more

I edited the title of the thread. She definitely says the quote but it's not from Oprah. Just in case someone wants to discuss. What horrible truth would they have known? I believe the interview was the end of June.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast