Desiree Quote "the horrible truth"

loves2bmom

Reaction score
Does anyone still have the Oprah interview on their DVR? I actually deleted mine to make room for football. :D

I heard something (on the net) about a quote from Desiree on the show that I must have missed. I don't know what the question was but her answer was something like ""I gotta tell that in a million years, I could not have imagined the horrible truth of what we know now..."

I can't find a transcript or tape on the net anywhere with the interview. Did anyone hear this exchange? Can you put it in context for me? Also, if anyone has a clip of the show, I'd appreciate it too. Oprah's staff is very good about keeping stuff off of Youtube.

You know, I find it very interesting that it appears that ALL segments of the show aren't on her website. I could have sworn last week the segment about the Discovery Channel was there! Kaine and Desiree's appearance was never linked on her site at all.

You know, I find it very interesting that it appears that ALL segments of the show aren't on her website. I could have sworn last week the segment about the Discovery Channel was there! Kaine and Desiree's appearance was never linked on her site at all.

Well, there is this one link that explains the backstory but not a transcript or video. If you want the transcript from a show you have to pay $24.95. :(

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Missing-Child-Kyron-Hormans-Parents-Speak-Out

Thanks for finding the summary story....but where is the video?

Loves2bMom do you have a link to where you saw this quote that you mention in your post? Thanks.

Thanks for finding that Billylee! Do you think that's everything? I don't see the quote I was looking for. Did anyone keep their DVR? Apparently it's about 5 min. in to the interview?? This really could be absolutely nothing but just thought I'd check. :blushing:

I don't recall those words, but doesn't mean it couldn't have been said. LOL It was such a short interview, I'm wondering if maybe you heard that in another interview with Desiree somewhere?

Loves2bMom do you have a link to where you saw this quote that you mention in your post? Thanks.

I don't think I can link that site....that's why the plea for anyone who has a copy of the tape or can find it on the net. If no one has it, I understand if we need to close this. Sorry!

Desiree Young: The worst hell I've ever experienced. I can't even explain it. Never in a million years would've thought we would be here.

Is this what you're looking for? It's from here:

http://www.kptv.com/news/24037975/detail.html

Billylee...I think this might be it. I think someone (maybe me..LOL) was confusing interviews! :) I'll keep searching for Oprah though and understand if this thread is closed.

ETA: That's definitely it Billy...I just watched the whole thing. Thanks for straightening me out! :D :blushing: :cool:

I edited the title of the thread. She definitely says the quote but it's not from Oprah. Just in case someone wants to discuss. What horrible truth would they have known? I believe the interview was the end of June.

Reporter: I think the thing you've heard and we've heard so much is that parents and families say we cannot imagine what you're going through. How can you describe and put into words what you're going through? Desiree Young: The worst hell I've ever experienced. I can't even explain it. Never in a million years would've thought we would be here.

I don't think that's a complete transcript. Wasn't there a confusing part where Oprah thought Kyron rode the bus on visits to Medford and Desiree had to correct her?

OT, but, I admire Oprah, but what person would think that a 7 year old nearsighted boy would be put on a bus alone for 4 hours? My answer: one who doesn't have kids and doesn't know much about them.

I didn't watch Oprah but do you think you might possibly have seen the quote on the show anyway in one of the old news clips?

1:52 p.m.: Video shows news conference clips of Desiree and her husband, Tony Young.

Does anyone still have the Oprah interview on their DVR? I actually deleted mine to make room for football. :D

I heard something (on the net) about a quote from Desiree on the show that I must have missed. I don't know what the question was but her answer was something like ""I gotta tell that in a million years, I could not have imagined the horrible truth of what we know now..."

I can't find a transcript or tape on the net anywhere with the interview. Did anyone hear this exchange? Can you put it in context for me? Also, if anyone has a clip of the show, I'd appreciate it too. Oprah's staff is very good about keeping stuff off of Youtube.

I still have it on DVR. Gotta go find one of our 5 missing remotes so I can re-watch and will transcribe as best I can.

Wait a second.......it was in that last series of controlled pressers, where they met with reporters one one one.....one of the reporters (a female) asked about Terri's communications, and Desiree's response was "it's disgusting....."

lemme look............

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back