709 users online (73 members and 636 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

LiLo failed drug screen over weekend

Wow! As reported on TruTV, Lindsay Lohan failed a mandated drug screen over this past weekend.

I am shocked! Shocked! But then, I'm always shocked.

Does anyone think she will be returned to any type of facility at this point? Can she be? - in other words, does any court still have juridiction over her?

Also, there was some mention of "getting her away from her mother" in this morning's report. Is the mother addicted also? Is the mother using the daughter to feed her own addiction?

Like everyone else, it seems, I find the father to be smarmy - BUT - I doubt Lisa Bloom would continue to represent him if he wasn't sincere about his daughter in some way. AND if he was not drug and alcohol free.

This is not the first time the mother has been mentioned as being a problem.
    I was really, really hoping for Lindsay to perhaps be able to get her life back at this young age. But if Mommy is enabling, she hasn't got a chance!

Opinions?

I'm not shocked. Lindsey is an addict, whether she admits it or not. Her actions speak louder than her words.

As far as her Mom, I'm not sure that enabling or not enabling at this point in time would have any influence over Lindsay continuing to use her drug(s) of choice.

Lindsay won't and can't get help until she faces her reality and accepts it and wants to be and stay clean. As long as she is in denial then she will continue to use.

I don't know the terms of her last release. So I don't know if she will have to return to jail or rehab.

IMHO this young lady is headed down a long and slippery road to possible but inevitable death by overdose if she doesn't soon accept help. JMHO.

I am not too impressed with Lisa Bloom's choices of clients these days. I guess everyone's rights need to be protected, but she seems to be going the celebrity attorney route any more. Guess she likes being on television. jmo

The only thing I find shocking is that you found this shocking Always, but then I guess your motto is truth in advertising

But seriously, this kid needs help, and not some band-aid visitn for 3 or 4 days to rehab. As to getting her away from her mother, to turn her over to who exactly? Both her parents haven't exactly been stellar. Dad is a former addict who did jail time and mom has always exhibited serious boundary issues when it comes to parenting. I think the only addiction mom has is to the fame garnered by explaoiting her daughters.

I genuinely hope that Linds gets some help as she had the makings of a really amazing acting career before she veered off track. But for her own future and mental health, I really think the only way for her to get her proirities straightened out and herself back on track is to back out of hollywood for several months and just disappear from the limelight for a while so she can revisit what it can be like to live a "normal" life.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Breaking News!

Just in on my local (Detroit) 4:00 news: Arrest warrant issued for Lindsay Lohan.

I'll post a link as soon as one becomes available.

ETA: Link

http://www.clickondetroit.com/entert...49/detail.html
    Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 09-20-2010 at 04:38 PM.

She actually failed 2 drug tests. One came up positive for cocaine and the other for amphetamines. And yes, an arrest warrant has been issued, but it is
    on hold -- until Friday at 8:30 AM, when Lindsay is ordered to appear in court.
    According to TMZ. She should've been made to stay in jail for the full sentence and rehab for the full amount of time. She has a problem.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/20/lindsa...bench-warrant/

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Recovering-Lurker View Post
    She actually failed 2 drug tests. One came up positive for cocaine and the other for amphetamines. And yes, an arrest warrant has been issued, but it is According to TMZ. She should've been made to stay in jail for the full sentence and rehab for the full amount of time. She has a problem.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/20/lindsa...bench-warrant/
    So letting her out of jail early accomplished exactly what???
    At least she attended two AA meetings and now admits she has a problem, that's a start!
    Maybe she's trying to keep up with Paris Hilton, who finally admitted the purse was hers!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

According to various news sources, the judge has issued an arrest warrant for her now.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...st/?test=faces

Oh, heck. I was really only kidding about being shocked. But I honestly had hoped........... oh, well.

I have just returned from my first trip to California. While there I visited Hollywood and one of the tours I took was a specialty tour called "The Tragical History Tour of Hollywood". It is put on by a company called Dearly Departed tours.

It shows you places where famous people lived and died - The Viper Room, the Chateau Marmont, etc. It sounds ghoulish, but it really wasn't. IMO.
    It was the best tour of several I took.

I would just hate to have this talented young gal turn up on a tour like this. I hope she is ordered back to a longer term rehab. And NOT at Passages in Malibu. (By the way, google LA Weekly and Passages Malibu for an in-depth article about the founder of this "rehab" facility. Yikes!)

I am not so sure she is an addict per se. It was reported that she did not show any signs of withdrawal while incarcerated. I think she just doesn't give a _______ (insert word of choice here). She has always done what she wants to do and never been held responsible for what happens.

I think she needs to just grow up and just learn boundaries. This was a lesson that was never taken seriously by anybody around her, nor has she had anybody that really seemed to care about what was best for her.

The only choice they have is to put her in jail or rehab I suppose.

I was thinking about it though, the judge(s) can mandate rehab over and over and over but until Lindsey wants to get clean and stay clean. It's money down the drain. JMHO.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by In da Middle View Post
    I am not so sure she is an addict per se. It was reported that she did not show any signs of withdrawal while incarcerated. I think she just doesn't give a _______ (insert word of choice here). She has always done what she wants to do and never been held responsible for what happens.

I think she needs to just grow up and just learn boundaries. This was a lesson that was never taken seriously by anybody around her, nor has she had anybody that really seemed to care about what was best for her.
    One doesn't have to go through withdrawl to be an addict.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    The only choice they have is to put her in jail or rehab I suppose.

I was thinking about it though, the judge(s) can mandate rehab over and over and over but until Lindsey wants to get clean and stay clean. It's money down the drain. JMHO.
    I'll be real upset if she gets anything other than her original full jail time. If she walks out of this again the courts will be helping her kill herself. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    Just in on my local (Detroit) 4:00 news: Arrest warrant issued for Lindsay Lohan.

I'll post a link as soon as one becomes available.

ETA: Link

http://www.clickondetroit.com/entert...49/detail.html
    Poor Kid. And, by that, I mean she apparently has NO control over the dope. The dope controls her.
    And stupid on top of it. She knew she had a drug test. Cocaine takes like 48 hours to clear the system. She couldn't at least abstain for a few days?
    Now her cry for help is even louder and hopefully someone does something about it instead of letting her fluff by jail and rehab. in under a month.
    This gal needs a serious time-out in jail followed by a serious stint in a locked down facility where they won't cater to her bs.
    imo,oc.

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    So letting her out of jail early accomplished exactly what???
    At least she attended two AA meetings and now admits she has a problem, that's a start!
    Maybe she's trying to keep up with Paris Hilton, who finally admitted the purse was hers!
    I think it may have gone this way.

Lindsey stole Paris' thunder

Paris took it back

Lindsey said "no way Paris" and took it back.

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast