668 users online (86 members and 582 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Kyron no longer to be listed as a Skyline student.

O/T
    Kyron Horman to be no longer listed as Skyline student

Kyron Horman was being dropped from the registry of students at Skyline Elementary.

Matt Shelby with the Portland School District confirmed the boy missing that's been missing for 15 weeks was being dropped as a current student after Monday’s final bell. It is district policy to drop a student from the enrolled students list after they have missed 10 consecutive days. http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyron-...103328784.html

So sad...and final.

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"

Kyron no longer to be listed as a Skyline student.

Keeping Kaine in my thoughts as I know he was hoping that his son would be home in time to start school. I hope that Kaine holds onto the Iron Man backpack and supplies, just in case.

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Kyron Horman was being dropped from the registry of students at Skyline Elementary.

Matt Shelby with the Portland School District confirmed the boy that's been missing for 15 weeks was being dropped as a current student after Monday’s final bell. It is district policy to drop a student from the enrolled students list after they have missed 10 consecutive days.

snip...

Last week, Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton said the case would be shifted to a task force-style investigation. Staton said there had been "significant movements" in the 15-week investigation and there was a more defined scope, allowing them to not be as broad in their efforts.

Investigators can now concentrate on their current course to support a theory of what happened to the boy. He said he had seen no evidence that indicated Kyron was not alive.

MORE: http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyron-...103328784.html

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    So sad.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

I think it is a matter of funding (what else)...
    I would hope the teacher has not been calling out his name every morning, taking attendance...
    Just my opinion, of course.

It IS due to funding, yes. PPSD cannot count a child that has missed 10+ days of school. It is against the rules for their government funding.
    MOO and all that jazz.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    In light of this sad development today, let's all take a few moments to think about and say a little prayer for Kyron and his family

Quote Originally Posted by Dee10 View Post
    O/T
    Kyron Horman to be no longer listed as Skyline student

Kyron Horman was being dropped from the registry of students at Skyline Elementary.

Matt Shelby with the Portland School District confirmed the boy missing that's been missing for 15 weeks was being dropped as a current student after Monday’s final bell. It is district policy to drop a student from the enrolled students list after they have missed 10 consecutive days. http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyron-...103328784.html

So sad...and final.
    What on earth was the reason for Mr Shelby to publicize that sad tidbit? Who was the sleuth that asked the question? Does it really matter? It's like another fist in the stomach to people who care for Kyron. I'll never understand the inane "reporting" that passes for legitimate journalism these days. They must be all be Phoenix grads.

So sad.
    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

I also don't understand the point of publishing that sad information. We all know that Kyron hasn't been in school, therefore he's absent, so what is the point of telling us that the school no longer has him as a student? When Danielle Van Dam was missing before her body was found, did we hear about how her school took her off the roster? I doubt it. Sadly, children in schools across America disappear or die everyday and it's just unnecessary for anyone to be, "They're not on the roster anymore since they haven't been here for 10 days." We KNOW that and this is just a crude reminder. It's like the media was waiting for it to hit the 10 day mark so they could report it.

Don't blame the school. Blame the reporter who "ran across" this tidbit and publicized it.

It might be sad, and it might seem cold to some, but it's a fact and Mr. Shelby cannot very well lie about it when asked, now can he?
    Somehow I doubt that he called the paper and volunteered this information.

Come to think about it, wouldn't that be releasing confidential information? Oh well, I just wish he would have said "no comment".

Since it was speculated 10 days ago when school started about when Kyron would be dropped from the rolls, I don't think the reporter is doing anything other than following up on another aspect of this story.

I guess one could say if his father had waited until Kyron's return to enroll him for the year, this particular report would never have come out at all.

My heart just broke reading this article.............it's like a NO HOPE DAY.
    How do the other children cope?
    Was the desk removed?
    It makes it so final, like KYRON is gone and not coming back.
    Sends such a sad message.
    I don't care about funding, I care about feelings.
    Why did it NEED to be reported?
    Why didn't they take his name of for the state and go on believing and hoping????
    GOD Bless KYRON and his parents today!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    My heart just broke reading this article.............it's like a NO HOPE DAY.
    How do the other children cope?
    Was the desk removed?
    It makes it so final, like KYRON is gone and not coming back.
    Sends such a sad message.
    I don't care about funding, I care about feelings.
    Why did it NEED to be reported?
    Why didn't they take his name of for the state and go on believing and hoping????
    GOD Bless KYRON and his parents today!
    If I recall correctly, the teacher asked Kaine if she should set up a desk, and he deferred. There was a discussion about this 10 days ago. No doubt a thread, too.

The issue was Kaine's insistence on registering him for the year before he was returned safely. I feel for that hopefulness, but with it comes this bitter pill to swallow.

I don't think anyone has given up hoping. Practicality HAS to be considered as well.

This just makes me awfully sad. I feel bad for Kaine and Desiree tonight. It must be depressing for them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast