1560 users online (356 members and 1204 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,483

    OH - Trumbull Co., BlkMale UP4727, 47-65, near Mosquito Creek Lake, Jul'06

    The sculpture is of an African-American man in his 50s.

    The skeletal remains of the man were found July 23, 2006, in an area of Mosquito Creek Lake State Park.
    http://www.tribtoday.com/page/conten....html?nav=5192

    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-16-2013 at 12:41 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,483
    Here's another article:

    http://www.wytv.com/content/news/loc...z4sgwlTbA.cspx

    ... and another:
    http://www.tribtoday.com/page/conten....html?nav=5021

    African-American male, approximately 50 years of age and having a height of five feet eight inches, plus or minus three inches.

    A gold earring was found on the left side of the skull, but no other clothing was found.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 09-21-2010 at 12:44 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,483
    Jimmie Banks' facial shape is spot-on, but the geography isn't, and I don't see a pierced left ear or earring.

    http://www.nampn.org/cases/banks_jimmie.html

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    322
    Thanks for putting this up, Carl, I was just reading about him last night. As you say, I think it's unlikely that the UID is Jimmie Banks.

    I am familiar with the area and feel that the UID is probably from one of the cities of Warren or Youngstown, respectively about 15-20 minutes' and 30 minutes' drive south of Mosquito Lake. There aren't many black folks outside the metro area of either of the two towns. If he was dumped, as seems probable to me, I think Warren is the likelier of the two because there are closer places to leave a body near Youngstown.

    Unfortunately, it's a possibility that he was murdered or died of an overdose. Both cities have serious, endemic problems with drug-related violence. Best odds for him are if he is recognized by a local.

    Looking at other possibilities, the one other person I find from Ohio or Pennsylvania who I think could realistically be the UID (based solely on stats, not on physical appearance, however) is Travis Bingham:

    The Charley Project: Travis Bingham
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...am_travis.html
    NamUs MP #2741: Travis Bingham
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2741/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,483
    Quote Originally Posted by zinc View Post
    The Charley Project: Travis Bingham
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...am_travis.html
    NamUs MP #2741: Travis Bingham
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2741/
    T Bingham's face has much less distance between the bottom of the eyes and the bottom of the nose. The vertical placement of the facial features don't align at all.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    T Bingham's face has much less distance between the bottom of the eyes and the bottom of the nose. The vertical placement of the facial features don't align at all.
    Yeah, I don't think it's him either. He was just the least unlikely out of a handful of unlikelies.

    If the UID isn't a local, whoever dumped him probably was. You'd have to know your way around the area to do it in the dark. Mosquito Lake is 30 minutes from a major interstate, and the closest state highways go through nowhere and to nowhere but Ashtabula or Youngstown-Warren.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    3,538
    it doesn't help that they gave no estimation of how long the body had been there.

    I did a basic search at NAMUS with gender, race, the given height range and a lka date of 12/31/05 and there were 37 matches. none were from OH nor were any from Western PA or WV for that matter.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,483
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Jimmie Banks' facial shape is spot-on, but the geography isn't, and I don't see a pierced left ear or earring.

    http://www.nampn.org/cases/banks_jimmie.html
    Here's the morphed overlay for Jimmie Banks. The alignment is nearly perfect.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CznvxVqv24I

    BTW, you can control the transition by clicking on the progress bar and moving it back and forth at the desired speed.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-05-2015 at 11:24 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    3,538
    why don't you submit this one Carl? pretty good match.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,483
    Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    why don't you submit this one Carl? pretty good match.
    I just contacted the Bazetta Township LE authorities, and spoke with a woman named Deanna who is working on this case.

    She gave me an e-mail address (records@bazettatwp.org), and I sent her an e-mail with a link to Jimmie Banks' NAMPN file and one to the YouTube video.

    Cross your fingers!!!
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 12-13-2010 at 03:00 PM.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    4,645
    Your work fascinates me, Carl!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,483
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I just contacted the Bazetta Township LE authorities, and spoke with a woman named Deanna who is working on this case.

    She gave me an e-mail address (records@bazettatwp.org), and I sent her an e-mail with a link to Jimmie Banks' NAMPN file and one to the YouTube video.

    Cross your fingers!!!
    Deanna called me back because she was having trouble receiving my e-mail. She gave me a couple of e-mail addresses before my e-mail was able to get through.

    She watched the video while she had me on the phone, and she was very impressed. She said that it gave her chills seeing the transition. She said that she is going to show this to her boss, and he will probably call me back.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    4,645
    Way to go Carl! Can't wait to hear what they have to say!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    432
    That is an amazing reconstruction from the FBI! I don't know if it actually looks like the MP whoever that may be but the forensic artist has captured a mood of sorts and pointed out characteristics without exaggerating them to a cartoonish look.

    I found a missing person who fits the physical well and the timeline. He went missing a day's drive from that location - Appx 6 months prior to the death of the UP.

    It appears both ears are pierced. He has the same prominent brow ridge and head structure.

    The Detective for the UP will contact me as soon as there is news of this UP's identity.

    I submitted it to all involved agencies this am.
    http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200502508S
    http://www.tribtoday.com/page/conten....html?nav=5192

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
    That is an amazing reconstruction from the FBI! I don't know if it actually looks like the MP whoever that may be but the forensic artist has captured a mood of sorts and pointed out characteristics without exaggerating them to a cartoonish look.

    I found a missing person who fits the physical well and the timeline. He went missing a day's drive from that location - Appx 6 months prior to the death of the UP.

    It appears both ears are pierced. He has the same prominent brow ridge and head structure.

    The Detective for the UP will contact me as soon as there is news of this UP's identity.

    I submitted it to all involved agencies this am.
    http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200502508S
    http://www.tribtoday.com/page/conten....html?nav=5192
    That looks like a pretty good possible. His forehead doesn't look as tall, and his nose not as long, but this might be due to the backward tilt of his head in the photo.

    The photo of the reconstruction is taken from approximately the level of the top of his head. Carl Butler's photo is taken from about nose level. This would distort the comparability of the images in the manner that I did for Jimmie Banks.

    BTW, the detective left a message yesterday for me to call him back, and I returned his call just now. He said that he would call me right back because he is on the phone with North Carolina. So he is getting right on your tip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. LA LA - Clarence, BlkMale UP846, 18-30, in creek off U.S. 84, Oct'05
    By DippyBlonder in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-18-2016, 03:49 PM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-17-2016, 06:33 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2015, 06:51 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 03:18 PM

Tags for this Thread