1368 users online (245 members and 1123 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

MI - David Widlak, 62, Mount Clemens, 19 Sept 2010

http://detnews.com/article/20100920/...397/1409/rss36

62 yr old David Allen Widlak, missing since Sunday. He was working Sunday eve. at the bank which was the norm for him but Monday am his vehicle was still in parking lot and his office was in dissary. He had'nt had any wierd behavior and no money was missing.

Hoping for a safe return.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...b201146402.txt

eta another link. article from yesterday, says office was locked and security system was on. This is a small bank that he help found in 1996.
    Last edited by Cubby; 10-18-2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: another link

Quote Originally Posted by TobyWong* View Post
    http://detnews.com/article/20100920/...397/1409/rss36

62 yr old David Allen Widlak, missing since Sunday. He was working Sunday eve. at the bank which was the norm for him but Monday am his vehicle was still in parking lot and his office was in dissary. He had'nt had any wierd behavior and no money was missing.

Hoping for a safe return.
    BBM
    No money was missing, but I wonder if account numbers and other personal info of people were accessed and stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by KAE View Post
    BBM
    No money was missing, but I wonder if account numbers and other personal info of people were accessed and stolen.
    LE is treating the bank as a crime scene. I dont know much more than i read but it sounded like this bank is up for grabs soon. One of the articles mentions a huge salary but that was back awhile. So I can visualize a man of this position taking what he can before complete down turn of his business. Then again I can also see a shady person seeing the nice vehicle in the bank parking lot alone on a Sunday evening and jumping on that. It can go either way.

Thanks for starting this thread TobyWong*. I saw an article about David's disappearance yesterday, meant to start a thread and got busy with something else...

I initially had the same reaction you did in your above post. The car being left in the bank lot throws me though...... I am leaning towards foul play, abduction due to his car being left in the bank lot. IMO, IF he were to 'stage' and abduction it would be easier - or more logical to have driven his own car away from the bank and ditched it somewhere... That one detail is causing me to lean on the side of possible foul play. Unless he ran off with someone. Wouldn't make sense to 'trash the office' and call a cab, limo, or friend to pick him up.

On another note, and no disrespect to Mr. Widlak - he resembles Bill Maher so strongly that anyone looking at his missing persons posters will remember that and I think his 'face' will be easier to recognize should anyone see him.

jmo

Praying he is found safely soon.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Its a bank there has got to be security video! It would'nt be a stretch to have, lets say a "friendly friend" pick him up after he scatters the office and locks up but he'd be seen either walking away or getting into another vehicle. LE has to have that in their hand by now. IDK it just seems like bad intentions are flowing freely all day everyday, everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyWong* View Post
    Its a bank there has got to be security video! It would'nt be a stretch to have, lets say a "friendly friend" pick him up after he scatters the office and locks up but he'd be seen either walking away or getting into another vehicle. LE has to have that in their hand by now. IDK it just seems like bad intentions are flowing freely all day everyday, everywhere.
    Sounds like there is video and LE is reviewing it...

Officers are working to access his banking accounts and credit cards to see if there has been any activity. Police also are reviewing surveillance footage of the bank and lot.
    From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...#ixzz10B7J1XON

Community Central Chief Financial Officer Ray Colonius said the building was locked, with the security system on, while Widlak was working on Sunday -- a common practice for the CEO.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...b201146402.txt

I hope LE finds something on the video footage, he may not have even made it into the bank. I know his desk was in disarray, but so is mine, disarray for mine is an understatement ... lol
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Saw an update on Fox News a bit ago. I apologize for not taking notes - had my hands in dishwater at the time, so I will do this from memory:

Sheriff Hackel was interviewed and said that surv tapes have been viewed. Mr. Widlak was in his office until approx 8:30 p.m. when he walked out a rear (I think) exit and out of view. The exit he used was not the one he would ordinarily use to walk to his car.

There had been other people in the bank that day but they were accounted for, spoken with and, I think he said, cleared. He made them seem peripheral in the disappearance.

Mr. Widlak's office was messier than an ordinarily messy office would be. It didn't seem to look like a scuffle took place but (to me) it sounded like he was possibly disturbed about something and caused the disorder himself.

I think I pretty much paraphrased what I heard. It certainly sounds like he was at his wits end and just took off.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Saw an update on Fox News a bit ago. I apologize for not taking notes - had my hands in dishwater at the time, so I will do this from memory:

Sheriff Hackel was interviewed and said that surv tapes have been viewed. Mr. Widlak was in his office until approx 8:30 p.m. when he walked out a rear (I think) exit and out of view. The exit he used was not the one he would ordinarily use to walk to his car.
    There had been other people in the bank that day but they were accounted for, spoken with and, I think he said, cleared. He made them seem peripheral in the disappearance.

Mr. Widlak's office was messier than an ordinarily messy office would be. It didn't seem to look like a scuffle took place but (to me) it sounded like he was possibly disturbed about something and caused the disorder himself.

I think I pretty much paraphrased what I heard. It certainly sounds like he was at his wits end and just took off.

I just read this in one of the local papers on-line. Then could"nt find the article. Anyhow..

BBM
    K this is makes me go hmm.. that all the sudden he walks out that door, not a usual exit to go to his car and is gone. The wife is out of town too. IDK. So either he left. Or someone got his attention out that door and he went out to check and was taken?? But why not the nice vehicle? Why did he lock up going out the wrong door

He knew every security camera angle.

Just going over this w/ Mr.Wong and he thinks he ran w/ the money. I'm getting that feeling too. Inside survaliance will show every thing looking normal up until that time he walks out and disappears. If not Sherriff Hackle would have told us that something was amiss on the inside video. I swear I saw I've seen a movie..

It's bad but more hopeful than harm coming to him.imo We shall see..

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/25086269/detail.html

Police are searching the Clinton river for Mr. Widlak. I wonder what prompted them to look here.....

BBM http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-20100921-wpms

Surveillance video from the night before shows the CEO exiting the bank’s back door and walking toward the city. That prompted a massive search by air and ground that spaned nine square miles.

From the neighborhoods where he was last seen walking to the Clinton River to the areas in between and beyond, more than 70 volunteers spread out in search for any sign of Widlak, but turned up nothing.

“It was kind of a way of kind of eliminating this area being an area where maybe something happened to him whether it was self inflicted or something somebody did to him,” said Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel.

FOX 2 has learned Widlak owned two guns, but so far detectives have only been able to locate one of them.

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/...0009452913.txt

This mornings Macomb Daily. Nothing new. W/ him walking through the back door out into the neighborhood, knowing the security cameras would not be able to pick him up after that, reeks of get away. To me, a suicidal person would have been less crafty w/ the choice of exit and walking path. I'm jadded but it kills me when all these resources LE utilize for someone who just wants a new life. I will be saddened if he took his own life, I'm just not feeling that. Adding in the time and day he walked out, it was planned for full use of that time knowing he would'nt be noticed missing until monday am. And wife out of town helps.imo

Toby, I hope you're right. However, I'm getting the opposite feeling from this case. Seems to me he planned this pretty carefully -- waited til his wife was out of town, brought the gun to work, stayed late trying to finish whatever he could, took a different door so he'd be less likely to be seen (doesn't care about the security cameras; by the time people look at the video it'll be over), went to the river so he wouldn't make a mess.

More speculating: he looks like a friendly, good-hearted guy. Probably made too many loans to people he shouldn't have, wrecked the business, fell into depression about it.

If he'd left a note there would be no mystery. Maybe there is one in amongst the mess, or maybe he just couldn't bring himself to write one.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast