1043 users online (194 members and 849 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010.09.21 Doc release: Interview - Joe Jordan

The first 12 minutes of this recording, is LE trying to stress the importance to JJ, that he should NOT destroy the surrepti.... (sp) recording. Especially because parts of it that may have to do with the fabrication of evidence or a form, and must be investigated.

http://www.wftv.com/news/25096482/detail.html
    snipped

"The discovery shows Orange County sheriff's investigators are concerned a Texas EquuSearch volunteer might have fabricated evidence trying to show that volunteers thoroughly searched the area where Caylee was found in September 2008. Another EquuSearch volunteer told investigators that search never happened.

These audio recordings released Tuesday could be very important in the case.

Texas EquuSearch volunteer Joe Jordan told investigators (hear interview) he felt that the defense's private investigator was trying to put words in his mouth, but he insisted that his team had never fully searched the woods where Caylee was found because it was knee deep water about five feet from the street.

Casey's defense team is claiming that EquuSearch volunteers thoroughly searched the woods off Suburban Drive months before Caylee's remains were found there in December 2008 and that they found nothing.

But the new recordings released Tuesday in the case show Jordan made it clear to investigators that he did not fully search the area in September 2008, because there was too much water. He told investigators he could only search about five feet from the road; Caylee's body was found about 20 feet from the road.
    "That was the farthest we went, which was, I want to say, five to ten feet in," Jordan told investigators. "We stayed next to the road, like right in the front, and once we got in there it was too much. Because the water, the water was too much … it was like knee deep at that point. When you first stepped in it, it was knee deep."

Jordan told investigators he had concerns that volunteer Laura Buchanan had falsified documents to try to show they did a full search of that area and detectives said they were looking into whether the defense's private investigator, Mortimer Smith, and Buchanan were fabricating evidence in the murder case, which would be a criminal offense."
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

That was painful. Tape of phone conversation between Joe Jordan and LE on October 28, 2009 is 64.39 long.

JJ called LE because he's afraid he's in trouble for taping a conversation without the other people knowing it was being taped.
    JJ points out that he only taped for his own use/note taking purposes.
    LE says it is against the law but that he should not destroy the tape because it may contain important info regarding the Defense* in Caylee's case.
    JJ does not want his personal info put out into the world.

*Most important is that there is a possibility that the defense could have fabricated some TES forms showing searches that took place where Caylee's body was found (but the searches did not take place). The Defense wants to say that Caylee's body was placed on Surburban Drive long after June of 2008.

JJ knows he did not search the exact spot where Caylee was found. He never went further in than 5 to 10' from the road. There was a cooler and a pink baby blanket, a black bag containing towels and male shoes. That's as far as he went. The water was knee deep and clear with a sand base.

He witnessed a guy in a silver truck back into the area and throw a large amount of lawn debris out from his truck. The guy lives in front of the retention pond not far from the A's but not on Hopespring Drive.

The main worry is that the Defense may be trying to get people to sign that they searched where Caylee was found and say she wasn't there when they searched in the September 2008 timeframe.

JJ's name appears on a form saying he searched Odyssey Middle School on Sept. 3 but he is sure he didn't. He knows there are active munitions behind that school so he'd know if he searched there.

JJ wonders why people didn't turn their forms in to TES at the end of the day after every search. They should not hold any form out overnight.

Laura B. claims to be good friends with CA. She wrote on the Internet that she wished people would be more sympathetic toward GA and CA. JJ looked at LB's picture but doesn't think he knows her. He doesn't recognize her. He thinks she's a law officer from KY for some reason. That's all he knows.

JJ doesn't think or know if Caylee's body was moved to Surburban. He is sorry he has inserted himself into the case. He is sorry for getting in the way of or complicating LE's investigation.

JJ doesn't know what kind of dogs Danny I. has. LE points out if they aren't trained cadeaver dogs they can sniff all day and it doesn't mean anything. A drug dog won't alert on a body.

Joy Wray's name came up - the lady who was Baker Acted.

JJ searched the Econ Soccer Complex (but not the area where the cross was found on the tree).

GA called JJ. JJ asked GA about the rumors about incest. LE said, 'You asked GA that? What did he say?' JJ said that GA said 'no, that's ridiculous.'
    GA claims not to know anything about the Oviedo house.

DC tried to call JJ but JJ never spoke to him.

The most important thing LE is trying to figure out is if the Defense could be writing forms - fabricating forms in an effort to convince the Jury that Caylee was not on Surburban Drive from June until December 11, 2008.

ADDING ~ IMPORTANT ~ JJ was to call LE back the same day after contacting his Lawyer. LE needed him to meet with them to go over the copy of the map JJ used when searching so that JJ could comment and make clear to LE exactly where he searched as it's difficult to decipher just from a map/drawing. JJ said he'd call back later so they could make an appointment. It was clear that LE wanted to see him ASAP. LE was more interested in meeting JJ in person than talking on the phone. JJ is concerned about the ramifications of his taping Mortimer S. and Kelly S. (JJ's lawyer?). JA told him to go over all that with his Lawyer but not to erase the tape or he'd break the law twice.
    Last edited by Woe.be.gone; 09-21-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: add info

Quote Originally Posted by Intermezzo View Post
    http://www.wftv.com/news/25096482/detail.html
    snipped

"The discovery shows Orange County sheriff's investigators are concerned a Texas EquuSearch volunteer might have fabricated evidence trying to show that volunteers thoroughly searched the area where Caylee was found in September 2008. Another EquuSearch volunteer told investigators that search never happened.

These audio recordings released Tuesday could be very important in the case.

Texas EquuSearch volunteer Joe Jordan told investigators (hear interview) he felt that the defense's private investigator was trying to put words in his mouth, but he insisted that his team had never fully searched the woods where Caylee was found because it was knee deep water about five feet from the street.

Casey's defense team is claiming that EquuSearch volunteers thoroughly searched the woods off Suburban Drive months before Caylee's remains were found there in December 2008 and that they found nothing.

But the new recordings released Tuesday in the case show Jordan made it clear to investigators that he did not fully search the area in September 2008, because there was too much water. He told investigators he could only search about five feet from the road; Caylee's body was found about 20 feet from the road.
    "That was the farthest we went, which was, I want to say, five to ten feet in," Jordan told investigators. "We stayed next to the road, like right in the front, and once we got in there it was too much. Because the water, the water was too much it was like knee deep at that point. When you first stepped in it, it was knee deep."

Jordan told investigators he had concerns that volunteer Laura Buchanan had falsified documents to try to show they did a full search of that area and detectives said they were looking into whether the defense's private investigator, Mortimer Smith, and Buchanan were fabricating evidence in the murder case, which would be a criminal offense."
    If this woman did falsify records and the police can prove it I hope they prosecute her to the full extent of the law. This lady is going to be in a whole world of trouble.

thank you so much for giving the blow by blow on that recording woe.b.gone I am at work and can't give a listen.

Would any of us be surprised if there was some document fabrication going on? That's a pretty darn serious allegation. JB could not only lose his license to practice but face criminal charges for something like that.

I am interested in hearing from you WS'ers - is this likely or possible? I have next to no respect for JB based on how he has comported himself throughout this case so far, but document fabrication is a big deal. I don't know that even I think he is THAT dumb.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
    If this woman did falsify records and the police can prove it I hope they prosecute her to the full extent of the law. This lady is going to be in a whole world of trouble.
    That world of trouble is big enough to include Mort Smith and Jose Baez, too. Cozy, but big enough.
    We have enough youth. How about looking for a Fountain of Smart?

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    That world of trouble is big enough to include Mort Smith and Jose Baez, too. Cozy, but big enough.
    Very serious subject and hilarious comment. Thanks for today's smile!

Isn't this all old news? Didn't we read the transcript of this interview back in March?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ghlight=jordan

Same with Tim Miller?

Quote Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    thank you so much for giving the blow by blow on that recording woe.b.gone I am at work and can't give a listen.

Would any of us be surprised if there was some document fabrication going on? That's a pretty darn serious allegation. JB could not only lose his license to practice but face criminal charges for something like that.

I am interested in hearing from you WS'ers - is this likely or possible? I have next to no respect for JB based on how he has comported himself throughout this case so far, but document fabrication is a big deal. I don't know that even I think he is THAT dumb.
    If it's true that forms have been falsified, LE would then have to figure out if it's a group of outsiders (LB & Co.) who are claiming that to the defense that they searched there and have these forms or if the defense is behind an actual setup. This could be an independent effort planned and put forth by the A's.

Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Isn't this all old news? Didn't we read the transcript of this interview back in March?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ghlight=jordan

Same with Tim Miller?
    Oh, have other people heard the phone call before? I haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post

He is THAT ambitious, tho. Making fake documents isn't that hard to do. I can see him doing that. The man has no ethics whatsoever - at least none that he exhibits. Don't forget the man was warned about touching his client in jail. So he did it again. He's creepy. jmo
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    Oh, have other people heard the phone call before? I haven't.
    I don't know!? I wasn't being snide, I am seriously confused...and I didn't listen to the call but from the paraphrasing it sounded just like the interview transcript released earlier. Oh no now I sound like JB whine whine there's too much stuff I can't keep it all straight Judge.

What are your thoughts?

Ok, so obviously the defense is trying to get ICA off...... whether legally or not..... it seems like for the last 2+ years there have been so many laws broken i.e. tampering w/evidence, lieing, etc. I would hope all that are hindering the prosecution &/or falsifying documents would be legally held accountable.... In my mind I think this is a slam dunk... guilty... but with all this other outside garbage are we going to be seeing another get off due to technicalities???? That is my biggest fear & if so Kaylee will not be getting the justice she so deserves..... anyone else feel this way????

P.S.
    Can LB be brought up on charges for impersonating a law enforcement officer (to JJ) or is that just a "he said, she said" issue at this point????
    Last edited by WellDone; 09-21-2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: ETA: ? pertaining to LB
    "Don't Mistake Kindness For Weakness" ~C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Icons\collage icons\weliveinprevertedtimes.gif~ "The world is a dangerous place, not only because of those who commit evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing" ~ Albert Einstein
    Just my opionion ~

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    I don't know!? I wasn't being snide, I am seriously confused...and I didn't listen to the call but from the paraphrasing it sounded just like the interview transcript released earlier. Oh no now I sound like JB whine whine there's too much stuff I can't keep it all straight Judge.
    Me neither (being snide) and I didn't take it that way. I really wanted to know if I missed it earlier. I know there's been talk about JJ but I hadn't heard this audio before. As much time as I spend here, I was how I missed it.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast