GUILTY IN - Zuhur, 4, & Zakariya Hassan, 3, found dead in closet, Indianapolis, 19 Sept 2010

Belinda

Doer of Things
Reaction score
By RICK CALLAHAN

INDIANAPOLIS - Police say the mother of two children found dead in an Indianapolis apartment told them she found them dead more than 10 hours after she locked them and three siblings inside a closet so she could visit a neighbor.

snip

The report says Farah placed a bed in front of the closet door so her children couldn't get out and found two of them dead about 10 1/2 hours later.

She was charged Monday with two preliminary counts of neglect of a dependent in the deaths of her 5-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son.

http://headlines.verizon.com/headli..._us_article&_article=3089437&_ref=articlePage

Ummm...something isnt ringing quite true here unless the closet was so well sealed they ran out of air...

OK-just read the link. How completely and utterly terrified those children must have been. How hungry, and tired and thirsty. The survivors...I cant even think about them. Not without going crazy.

What do you suppose her drug of choice is?? Just guessin that this might have been a motivator...

She was "visiting a neighbor" for TEN hours?

Is "neighbor" some sort of new slang for a drug supplier?

What was she thinking? I have to agree I bet drugs played a part in it. Those poor children must have been terrified. Rip in little ones

Police said the siblings appeared malnourished and neighbors said they had noticed that the children appeared unusually thin.

An autopsy performed Monday did not show how the boy and girl died. Coroner's office manager Marchele Hall said Tuesday that toxicology results that could reveal that would take three to four weeks.

child%20deaths%20indianapolis-1938218028_v2.grid-4x2.jpg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39291879/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Ummm...something isnt ringing quite true here unless the closet was so well sealed they ran out of air...

Could they run out of air if they were sharing it? The article stated that she locked 5 children in the closet, 2 of them whom died. How terriable. So totally not true about "visiting" a neighbor for 10 hours unless love or drugs, or heck maybe both..the love of drugs was involved.

I pray for healing for the remaining 3 children and RIP the little ones that didn't make it out of the closet alive. So very tragic!

Something about her face....FAS? Something tells me that she's not the first generation to massively eff up parenting in her family. :(

maybe those little ones got too much benadryl or whatever to help them sleep.

Poor babies!

I did not see any other threads about this gruesome story in Indianapolis. Mother runs off to party, locking her 5 children in an 18-inch-deep, 6-foot-long closet for (she claims...I doubt it) 10 hours. When she returns, two are dead, possibly from asphyxiation. All of them were malnourished. A surviving sibling says she's done this before.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/25101122/detail.html

I can't even begin to find the words. Certainly nothing appropriate for this forum. The siblings watching their little brother and sister die, and being absolutely unable to do a thing about it. My heart is ripped in two for them.

It said there were 5 kids in a closet that was 6 feet wide and 18 inches deep. Is it possible that they suffocated? I guess it depends on how tightly the door closed.

OK-this is like a regular closet-so there must have been a space under the door even with carpeting, unless there was a draft blocker or something else she put into the space.

I cant think about this anymore. It is completely unfair that these babies had this kind of a start in life. I am starting to believe in capital punishment for crimes against children that result in maiming or death. And I am not typically a capital punishment kind of woman....

She's been charged only with "neglect of a dependent" ??

Something's not right here! There are two dead children!

Were the children so afraid that they kicked and screamed and hurt each other plus using to much oxygen up???
It would be like buried alive...........5 kids in a space 6' by 18 in. on the floor!
What else was in the closet clothes? boxes?

These are preliminary charges-there will be more coming when the tox comes back I bet.

omg

this is murder even without the tox results

she knew or should've known that those children could die IMO

"Farah, an immigrant from Somalia, found her 5-year-old daughter, Zuhur, and 3-year-old son, Zakariya, "stiff and unresponsive" when she returned home about 10 1/2 hours later and opened the closet, the report said. She told officers she then carried them downstairs, but did not call 911 or try to revive them, according to the report.
Lt. said the three surviving children — a 7-year-old girl and boys ages 5 and 1 — are now in foster care"

7, twin 5 year olds, a 3 year old and a one year old. Anyone else think there is going to PPS defense happening here?

Her husband went to Somalia to visit his family, but is on his way back. It was the friend she visited who set in motion the chain of events leading to the discovery of the bodies and the other children. Good for her.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100922/ap_on_re_us/us_child_deaths_indianapolis

For those of you confused at the charges, the DA's office is asking for 72 hours to prepare other ones...

The fact that these children didn't have to die, tells me that 'neglect of a dependent' is a hogwash charge. This is out and out murder!

May these babies TWA! I hope the children that survived get counseling and support for being the ones that survived. If it is determined these children were killed by being stepped on or smothered I can't imagine how they could live with that when they are older. It is just too hard to think about this case and these poor babies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back