Women in Crime Terry and Diane

Interesting, but not entirely accurate -- or rather it's misleading. A lot of speculation based upon no known facts.

It took 9 months to arrest Diane Downs. I forgot about how long it took.
Both women used sex to manipulate men........interesting.

They are usually much better than the specious associations as they've made in this particular article.

The correlation that has been shared here is not skewed, it's both shocking and a sad stat...

Couldn't say it better myself...

There are those of us who see the "writing on the wall" for exactly what we feel and therefor think it is...

There are others who have every right[just as we do] to see the "writing on the wall" for what they think and feel that it is...

I have no problem with others views, opinions, feelings, etc about the exact actions, circumstances, and events that many of us feel shows 100% that Terri is at the very "root of the cause" for precious Kyron no longer being here..
In fact most opinions and views just help to further cement what many of us know is the very, very sad and disturbing truth of who is behind this precious child's "disappearance"...jmo

Interesting, but not entirely accurate -- or rather it's misleading. A lot of speculation based upon no known facts.

It's not accurate, and I can't give credence to opinions that are not based on accurate information.

It gets tiresome. The blogs, the crimetainment shows, the talking heads, etc. I don't understand why people can't do their homework.

I respectfully disagree that it is misleading... IMO it is simply showing some of the very real similarities in these two women..

However, if some believe that Terri is completely an innocent victim in this tragedy of a precious child that is gone- FOREVER, IMO, then I can understand how those would NOT see the correlation between the two...

I believe that there are many, such as myself, that find this in no way misleading, none whatsoever...

And that is what I love about a place such as WS we all can express what we agree with and what we do not.

Here are some factual errors:

Diane Downs' children had the same father.
Terri has had two children, two fathers.

Diane never completed the first year of college.
Terri has a Master's degree.

Diane claims someone else did it.
Terri has never said anything other than she did not.

Diane had no one who could verify her story.
Terri's alibi has so far checked out, having been to stores and a gym and someone seeing her.

These are just a few factual errors. There are no doubt more. Wanting Terri to fit into the mold of Diane Downs, using gossip and speculation is easy. When you add facts, it falls apart. Or it should. Perhaps it won't.

Carry on.

I respectfully disagree that it is misleading... IMO it is simply showing some of the very real similarities in these two women..

However, if some believe that Terri is completely an innocent victim in this tragedy of a precious child that is gone- FOREVER, IMO, then I can understand how those would NOT see the correlation between the two...

I believe that there are many, such as myself, that find this in no way misleading, none whatsoever...

And that is what I love about a place such as WS we all can express what we agree with and what we do not.
I think what is being pointed out is that the article is not entirely accurate. It is common for this to happen even with the most seasoned writers. During many of the cases that we have followed closely, invariably articles are written that do not state the facts as well as we know them and it can be a source of frustration.

I think what is being pointed out is that the article is not entirely accurate. It is common for this to happen even with the most seasoned writers. During many of the cases that we have followed closely, invariably articles are written that do not state the facts as well as we know them and it can be a source of frustration.

I see what you're saying, JBean and understand completely...

I guess I know enough about Diane Downs to see there are similarities between the two[before this article ever existed there were those of us who had spoke about similarities]that is what I am speaking about...

Before this case I was aware of the problematic issue of many errors in these days news articles and more than understand ppl having a prob with wrong or inaccurate info being reported.. Unfortunately its become all to familiar..
Nonetheless my opinion is the same regardless of what inaccuracies this article has it doesn't change the fact that the two women have similarities.jmo

Terri has never said anything other than she did not.Diane had no one who could verify her story.
Terri's alibi has so far checked out, having been to stores and a gym and someone seeing her.

These are just a few factual errors. There are no doubt more. Wanting Terri to fit into the mold of Diane Downs, using gossip and speculation is easy. When you add facts, it falls apart. Or it should. Perhaps it won't.

Carry on.

I agree with debs post. I don't agree with the bold because I never heard Terri comes out and say anything, (is there a link she said that or just hearsay)

I not sure that we really know if her alibi check out:waitasec:

I follow Diane Down from 1984 I follow and read and watch everything on this monster.

If you want compare Diane to Susan Smith I say okay...but not Terri horman. Terri is lot more complicate.
:banghead:

Terri has never said anything other than she did not.

Diane had no one who could verify her story.

Carry on.

I believe that some of your facts are subjective.

Diane Fanning writes true crime. She is not an expert, any more than any of us here are experts.

She's just giving her opinion, just like the talking heads do, and the former LE officers who have spoken on this case.

Okay, let's stop debating Diane Fanning. This thread is about the article. If you feel the article is subjective and therefore you don't feel comfortable commenting, then this might not be the thread for you. Others may think it is fun to post opinions about the information so let them enjoy please.

I really appreciate it everyone! :grouphug:

ETA: I am NOT pointing at one poster or another. If this were an individual issue, I would contact one poster and not make a group comment. FYI. :)

I see what you're saying, JBean and understand completely...

I guess I know enough about Diane Downs to see there are similarities between the two[before this article ever existed there were those of us who had spoke about similarities]that is what I am speaking about...

Before this case I was aware of the problematic issue of many errors in these days news articles and more than understand ppl having a prob with wrong or inaccurate info being reported.. Unfortunately its become all to familiar..
Nonetheless my opinion is the same regardless of what inaccuracies this article has it doesn't change the fact that the two women have similarities.jmo

I haven't read the blog but will say one thing the same is that they both lived in Oregon.
I'm not going to read the blog either. It certainly hasn't been established what Terri's motive was, if she is guilty of Kyron's disappearance. Diane's motive is clear, though incredibly irrational, and evil.
jmo and all that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back