Identified! PA - Pittsburgh, Female bones UP8690, 25-35, Sep'10 - Kimberley Wagner

trigger

Reaction score
CA Painter find human remains under Pittsburgh bridge.

PITTSBURGH CA—Police say a construction worker discovered a skull and other human remains under a Pittsburgh railroad trestle.

The remains were discovered Monday under a railroad bridge on the city's North Side.

Painter Bernard Merritt says he didn't know what he'd found at first, but once he saw the skull he told his boss and police were called.

Investigators from the medical examiner's office retrieved the remains. Officials say they haven't yet determined whether the skeleton is male or female.

Edited Should be CA not PA

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_...s.com-www.contracostatimes.com&nclick_check=1

On local news they have no ID yet.
Lots of homeless live under RR for shelter, it was stated???

Is this Pittsburgh PA or Pittsburgh California (city inland from SF)? All the other articles are about California.

This is my neck of the woods... Where they are describing is where a lot of homeless people seek shelter. Very sad. I hope they are able to identify the remains.

I hope this presumably homeless UID receives proper media attention so he/she can be identified. Sadly, we had a possibly homeless UID found in nearby North Fayette Township last December and there never was much about him in the news beyond the reports of the initial discovery. He was found with an entire duffel bag of clothes, too, and there's been no description of those or any vital statistics.

"Home Depot" John Doe articles, in case anyone's interested (I couldn't find a thread for him here:) http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=54259

I hope this presumably homeless UID receives proper media attention so he/she can be identified. Sadly, we had a possibly homeless UID found in nearby North Fayette Township last December and there never was much about him in the news beyond the reports of the initial discovery. He was found with an entire duffel bag of clothes, too, and there's been no description of those or any vital statistics.

"Home Depot" John Doe articles, in case anyone's interested (I couldn't find a thread for him here:) http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=54259

Tatertot, I don't even remember hearing about this UID and I watch the news and get the newspaper... very sad. Wonder if the UID was ever identified??

After talking to the ME, I learned that the North Fayette Twp. man was identified. May he rest in peace.

I called in this possible match. Her height (5'2") and age (25) match the UID's range, and she was last seen at her home 9 minutes away from where the UID was found. She disappeared in 2006 and there's no information on whether the remains are four years old. There's also no information on whether she had a previously broken nose. She also had a gap between her front teeth that isn't mentioned in the UID's description. She was not yet on the ME's list of rule-outs by dentals so the ME will look into this.

http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/brownbousettadevin.html

After talking to the ME, I learned that the North Fayette Twp. man was identified. May he rest in peace.

I called in this possible match. Her height (5'2") and age (25) match the UID's range, and she was last seen at her home 9 minutes away from where the UID was found. She disappeared in 2006 and there's no information on whether the remains are four years old. There's also no information on whether she had a previously broken nose. She also had a gap between her front teeth that isn't mentioned in the UID's description. She was not yet on the ME's list of rule-outs by dentals so the ME will look into this.

http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/brownbousettadevin.html

Tatertot,

Did the ME give you a list of names for rule outs? I really haven't heard of too many missing people from the area that fits the decription of the UID....HUMM

Let us know what they said about your submission.

I just PMed you, Chaddylex. In short, I was a bit nervous during the conversation with the man from the ME office and when he gave me the two female ruleouts' names, I wasn't expecting them and didn't have a pencil nearby. When I hung up I completely blanked on the names, though neither sounded familiar from the list of PA missing. :banghead:

He only had two rule-out names, so don't hesitate to call in any other good potential matches. Contact numbers are in this article: http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/25093694/detail.html

here is the Namus link for this UID. there is a fairly decent list of rule-outs:

https://identifyus.org/cases/8690

Tyson Bengie 1977 Montana
Michelle Benjamin 1972 Pennsylvania
Kristen Charbonneau 1980 Texas
Katherine Cook 1982 Michigan
Alicia Digna 1982 Michigan
Roxann Ellison 1970 Arizona
Angela Finger 1983 Nevada
Jessica Foster 1984 Nevada
Ali Grimsley-Gilmore 1976 Florida
Margaret Haddican-McEnroe 1977 New Jersey
Crystal Hall 1984 Kentucky
Nina Herron 1984 New Mexico
Danielle Imbo 1971 Pennsylvania
Jamie Laiaddee 1976 Arizona
Krista Lueth 1974 Michigan
Melanie Metheny 1985 West Virginia
Sherry Milton 1979 Alabama
Kateri Mishow 1984 Minnesota
Tracy Ocasio 1981 Florida
Leah Peebles 1983 New Mexico
Susan Powell 1981 Utah
Cherice Ragins 1985 Maryland
Dorothy Rosier 1984 Louisiana
Toni Sharpless 1979 Pennsylvania
Venus Stewart 1977 Michigan
Tracey Tetso 1972 Maryland
Nicholle Torrez 1979 Colorado
Christie Wilson 1978 California

(the years are birth years for the missing women)

It would be nice if they had a picture of the Pittsburgh Steeler shirt that the UID was wearing. We might be able to figure out what year or where the shirt was sold at... Here is the namus description of the Clothes:
Pittsburgh Steelers T-shirt (size not discernable), "Winnie the Pooh" Brand, jean overalls (appears to be oversized and heavily deteriorated), light-colored, underwire bra (size not discernable), underwear, dark-colored socks

Also she had an orange rubber bracelet for HIV/AID awareness, those types of bracelets just came around over the past few years, I am thinking the UID has only been there for a few years at the most. The bracelet was from Adagio Health, I did a google search and it is located in Erie, PA, which is North of Pittsburgh... Erie to Pittsburgh is about 2hours in travel. (thinking maybe she was from the Erie area)

http://www.wpxi.com/pcnc/29940799/detail.html

Posted: 7:34 am EST December 7, 2011

PITTSBURGH -- Investigators have identified the remains of a North Side woman that were found more than a year ago.

According to the Allegheny County medical examiner, the remains are those of Kimberley Wagner.

Wagner’s remains were found in September 2010 near Anderson Street. She had been missing since 2007.

Investigators used DNA samples to identify Wagner. The cause of death has not been determined.

BBM

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_770807.html?_s_icmp=NetworkHeadlines

Organization helps ID woman missing since '05
By Margaret Harding, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, December 8, 2011

A memorial service for Kimberley Wagner will be conducted at 3 p.m. Sunday in Calvin Sheffield Funeral Home, 1125 Allegheny Ave., North Side.

The mystery of a North Side mother missing for more than six years ended with the identification of her skeletal remains through DNA testing and some measure of closure for her family.

"There is a sense of calmness now, but it still hurts to know that we've been looking for this long and that she's deceased," said Brandi Brady, 33, of Memphis, Tenn. "That's probably the hardest blow."

Brady last spoke with her mother, Kimberley Wagner, 53, in 2005. Shortly after, Brady said, she couldn't reach her.

"She had a history of addiction, but she would stay clean for some time," Brady said. "She would go through these bouts up and down, and that would determine whether I would talk to her or not."

Brady, who left Pittsburgh at 15, said a relative told her that she filed a missing-person report in 2007, but city police have no record of it. As time went on, Brady grew more worried, and she filed a missing-person report in June 2010.

About three months later, an industrial painting crew clearing brush from abandoned railroad tracks on the trestle over Anderson Street on the North Side spotted a skull and called police.

Two investigators of the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office interested in implementing federal guidelines on missing-person cases took an interest in the Wagner case. They formed a nonprofit organization -- PA Liv Safe -- and uploaded DNA, dental records, and other identifying information onto the National Missing and Unidentified Persons Systems. NamUS is a website that connects missing-person reports with unidentified remains.

Pennsylvania State Police contacted the group in October to say that DNA they uploaded matched a sample taken from Wagner when she was incarcerated in 2006 for aggravated assault. A lab at the University of North Texas confirmed the match in November.

"We had nothing to go on," said Kelly Vay, co-founder of PA Liv Safe, which seeks to assist families and law enforcement on missing-person cases in Pennsylvania. "We really just had bones. Coming back within 14 months that we have a missing person that it matched to is huge. The only way we could've linked it is through DNA."

Jennifer Sullivan, the other Pa Liv Safe co-founder, said the group is working to identify four other sets of unidentified remains found in Allegheny County.

"These cases that have been in for 10 to 15 years, we're actually getting leads on them," Sullivan said, who is no longer at the Medical Examiner's Office.

The office has not determined a cause or manner of Wagner's death. Her remains were found wrapped in a blanket in an area frequented by homeless people. Signs of facial trauma were consistent with injuries that Brady said her mother incurred in a car accident.

"It's a mystery," Pittsburgh police Lt. Daniel Herrmann said. "The identification is a lot, and now we can start looking into how she lived her life."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back