Boulder Police meet with JonBenet Ramsey's now adult brother

madeleine

Reaction score
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-police-ramsey-brother-txt,0,6492962.story?track=rss

DENVER - FOX31 News has learned that Boulder Police detectives recently met with Burke Ramsey, the brother of six year old JonBenet Ramsey, to talk with him about his sister's murder.

JonBenet Ramsey was found murdered in her family's Boulder home in December of 1996. Burke was 9 years old at the time.

He is now 23 and recently graduated from college. Sources tell Fox31 News that detectives traveled out of state in the past few weeks to re-interview Burke about the case.

Burke has never been considered a serious suspect, but he was in the house the night of the murder.

His parents claimed he was asleep. But at least some investigators are skeptical.

Some believe you can hear Burke's voice in the background of a 9-1-1 call Patsy Ramsey made to report her daughter had been kidnapped.

Shortly after that, Burke was sent to stay with a family friend. And hours later, his father found JonBenet's body in a basement room in the house.

Boulder Police are not commenting, except to say it is an open and active investigation.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-police-ramsey-brother-txt,0,6492962.story?track=rss

DENVER - FOX31 News has learned that Boulder Police detectives recently met with Burke Ramsey, the brother of six year old JonBenet Ramsey, to talk with him about his sister's murder.

JonBenet Ramsey was found murdered in her family's Boulder home in December of 1996. Burke was 9 years old at the time.

He is now 23 and recently graduated from college. Sources tell Fox31 News that detectives traveled out of state in the past few weeks to re-interview Burke about the case.

Burke has never been considered a serious suspect, but he was in the house the night of the murder.

His parents claimed he was asleep. But at least some investigators are skeptical.

Some believe you can hear Burke's voice in the background of a 9-1-1 call Patsy Ramsey made to report her daughter had been kidnapped.

Shortly after that, Burke was sent to stay with a family friend. And hours later, his father found JonBenet's body in a basement room in the house.

Boulder Police are not commenting, except to say it is an open and active investigation.

Hey madeleine.

Ty for the link. I had read of this on another forum.

I was just browsing yahoo news for the latest JB news and saw this and couldn't believe my eyes.

Heyya,

video report suggests he willingly spoke to BPD.

That BPD spoke to any one is a surprise, as well!

Difficult to say what he might remember as far as events of that night, he was 9.

But 'imagine' what he might have overheard over the years.

Hope it didn't go like this:

Do you remember anything about that night,bla bla?
Sorry,no,it's been a long time
Okay,well if you do,pls call us

Hope it didn't go like this:

Do you remember anything about that night,bla bla?
Sorry,no,it's been a long time
Okay,well if you do,pls call us

Yeah, I like that one, but unless they have changed tactics, they probably just questioned him about his parents.

Well, this just got very interesting.

I am at least willing to believe that the BPD hasn't given up on JonBenet. Actually (and I could be really gullible here), I also believe the DA's office may let them investigate it thoroughly now.

I'm so glad to hear this. I've often wondered throughout the years if Burke's memory wasn't the key to the whole thing.

Why did LE wait so long???
Adult at 18? or 21? He is now 23?

Unless I totally misread this article, it does not say who instigated the interview. Sure, the investigators flew to see him, but that doesn't mean he didn't contact them and ask for the interview. That's what I would love to know. Who initiated this interview? Does anyone here have any information about that, maybe from another source? TIA.
Becky

Unless I totally misread this article, it does not say who instigated the interview. Sure, the investigators flew to see him, but that doesn't mean he didn't contact them and ask for the interview. That's what I would love to know. Who initiated this interview? Does anyone here have any information about that, maybe from another source? TIA.
Becky

You know what I would like to know?

But at least some investigators are skeptical.

Investigators back THEN or the ones in charge now?

If I understand correctly they were or are skeptical re BR being asleep that morning during the 911 call.But why bother about that now?Interesting if so.Sounds like RDI is back in the game?Why would BR being asleep or not matter in an IDI investigation?

Wow! I thought this would never happen. Good to know it is now!

You know what I would like to know?

Investigators back THEN or the ones in charge now?

If I understand correctly they were or are skeptical re BR being asleep that morning during the 911 call.But why bother about that now?Interesting if so.Sounds like RDI is back in the game?Why would BR being asleep or not matter in an IDI investigation?

It kinda sounds to me like they were skeptical then and they still are. I would love to know what JR is thinking right now. Betcha it won't be long before we will be reading an article about how John is outraged that the BPD is dredging up these horrible memories for BR.
Wouldn't it be great if they had some new knowledge of who the mysterious dna belongs to? One can only hope!

I'd really like to believe this is an open and on-going investigation, and hope this yields something.

Have to say, if BR had no involvement, or even if he did, he may find this a sort of cathartic experience. Getting something out after all these years, and finally talking with LE. Got to feel sorry for him.

Have to say, if BR had no involvement, or even if he did, he may find this a sort of cathartic experience. Getting something out after all these years, and finally talking with LE. Got to feel sorry for him.

Kids that age, especially quiet, thoughtful kids as he was supposed to have been, notice things that they may not have understood at the time. Adults act in mysterious ways to kids, but when they become adults themselves, they realise that behaviour wasn't OK. Hopefully he knows something that can help solve this.

holy manolli!

I have to say I doubt anything came of it but still, I'm glad they did it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith