Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TX - Francis Wetherbee, Arcadia, 30 Dec 1974

Also, neither francis weatherbee nor wetherbee is on Namus.

I contacted Meaghan of Charley Project to find out why Francis Weatherbee was removed from her site. She replied as follows:

I found out that she was never missing -- in fact, she never existed. The "documentary" on her disappearance was actually fictional and people mistook it for real. The filmmaker appeared on Websleuths or something to explain. Embarrassing!
    I don't see any such discussion in any of the Websleuths threads, but maybe she was thinking of another site.

Of course, the photos are of someone, so I guess she was just a model for his story.

ETA: Meaghan corrected herself, saying it was the DoeNetwork forum.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-11-2012 at 08:05 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Where is Francis Wetherbee?

"The Teller and The Truth," my latest film project, brings the challenge of finding missing persons to life. "The Teller and The Truth" chronicles the never ending search to find Francis Wetherbee, a bank teller who disappeared in 1974.
    The story of Francis is dedicated to organizations like the NCMA. Francis represents the many missing faces who have loved ones still searching for them today. Loved ones still searching for answers, still looking for clues, still hanging on to hope.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew..._b_732284.html

Its no wonder everyone was confused. No where did he state that this was fictional not a documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I contacted Meaghan of Charley Project to find out why Francis Weatherbee was removed from her site. She replied as follows:

I found out that she was never missing -- in fact, she never existed. The "documentary" on her disappearance was actually fictional and people mistook it for real. The filmmaker appeared on Websleuths or something to explain. Embarrassing!
    I don't see any such discussion in any of the Websleuths threads, but maybe she was thinking of another site.

Of course, the photos are of someone, so I guess she was just a model for his story.

ETA: Meaghan corrected herself, saying it was the DoeNetwork forum.
    WOW!!! Disregard my previous post about the case. What a terrible deception to do to people!

Satch
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-08-2012 at 10:15 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satch For This Useful Post:

Sorry if slow, but this whole story is fake? No bank robbery. This Francis Wetherbee doesn't exist? Who is the girl in the picture? Vrry sad thing to do.

Why does this stay up if a fake?

Quote Originally Posted by Tramp123 View Post
    Why does this stay up if a fake?
    A few years ago, I wondered the same thing. Than, I looked at the case again and wondered why. (I had forgotten about the claims that this case was fake.) Maybe the mods can help. I remember before the fake claims were made, I thought "WOW! What a story!" If indeed this case IS fake the storytellers sure wrote a powerful narrative!

I guess my question is, since the case is still up at WS, is it fake or not?

Satch

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Satch For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Satch View Post
    A few years ago, I wondered the same thing. Than, I looked at the case again and wondered why. (I had forgotten about the claims that this case was fake.) Maybe the mods can help. I remember before the fake claims were made, I thought "WOW! What a story!" If indeed this case IS fake the storytellers sure wrote a powerful narrative!

I guess my question is, since the case is still up at WS, is it fake or not?

Satch
    Wait , I read this years ago ????? this isnt fake is it ?

you know what ,though? I always thought the pic was a newer one so maybe it is a fake I think its the earrings? and the crispness of the photo.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sloane7777 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12