TX TX - Althea Rogers, 35, Georgetown, 2 Oct 1985

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 586DFTX

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/586dftx.html

Althea Lanelle Rogers
Missing since October 2, 1985 from Georgetown, Williamson County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing - Involuntary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Date Of Birth: August 12, 1950
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 35 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4, 100 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Rogers has a hysterectomy scar on her abdomen.
•Clothing: Ragged jeans and possibly carrying an orange backpack and a handgun. She usually does not wear undergarments.
•Dentals: All of her wisdom teeth and two upper molars have been extracted and a root canal has been performed on one tooth.
•AKA: Lanelle Rogers, Althea Thornton, Lanelle Thornton, Althea Hankins, Lanelle Hankins, Althea North and Lanelle North
•Fingerprints: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Rogers was last seen hitchhiking in Georgetown, Texas.
Foul play is feared.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
800-346-3243
--
Williamson County Sheriffs Office
512-943-1389

NCIC Number: M-240323899
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse

I can't seem to locate Althea in Charley Project.

Not found listed in NamUs at this time.

No archived articles found at this time.

Althea has been missing almost 25 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• Althea Lanelle Rogers.bmp
    49.3 KB · Views: 14

I am curious if anyone has been able to dig up any more information on this missing person. I suspect she is a very distant cousin of mine but the only information I have been able to find is on the missing persons websites. I am not the best at "sleuthing" yet and was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of where to find old newspapers, etc... that might have more information on this missing person? Thanks!

After further research.....Is it okay to contact the LE in charge of this case to see if Althea Rogers is still a MP? Reason I ask is because I found a listing on family search with the following information:

Althea Lanelle Rogers

United States Public Records

Name Althea Lanelle Rogers

Residence Date 01 Sep 1991-01 Jan 1998

Residence Place Austin, Texas, United States

Birth Date 12 Aug 1950

Address 7240 Northeast Dr # 2145

Address Continued Austin, Texas 78723

Address Date 01 Sep 1991-01 Jan 1998

Record# 79859093

This person has the same name and DOB of the MP. The MP went missing in 1985 and this record shows her or someone with the same name and DOB living one county over from where this MP was reported missing from Sep. 1991 to Jan. 1998. Record on family search is located here. https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KPY8-4P7

I have also located this record:
Althea L Rogers

United States Public Records

Name Althea L Rogers
Residence Date
01 Jan 1998-01 Jul 1998
Residence Place Houston, Texas, United States
3505 Oak Forest Dr
Address Continued Houston, Texas 77018
Record Number 742888640
https://familysearch.org/search/rec...e:"Houston Texas"~ +residence_year:1998-1998~

This does not list a middle name nor DOB however based on the date it appears it could be the same person moved from Travis County, Austin Texas to Harris County Houston Texas. I did go ahead and make contact with LE today and they still show her as a MP but are going to look into it a little more and get back with me. Hopefully they will come back and say she was located and not still a MP. If not, I am hoping they can possibly provide some more information for us since there is so little to go on in locating her whether deceased or alive.

Thumbnail

Demographics
Missing Age35 Years
Current Age69 Years
First NameAlthea
Middle NameLanelle
Last NameRogers
Nickname/AliasLanelle Rogers, Althea Thornton, Lanelle Thornton, Althea Hankins, Lanelle Hankins, Althea North, Lanelle, Althea Rodd, Lanelle Rodd

SexFemale
Height5' 4" (64 Inches)
Weight100 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactOctober 2, 1985
NamUs Case CreatedDecember 31, 2010
Last Known Location Map
LocationGeorgetown, Texas
CountyWilliamson County

Circumstances of DisappearanceMs. Rogers was last seen hitchhiking wearing ragged jeans and possibly carrying an orange backpack and a handgun.
Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBlue
Right Eye ColorBlue
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
Abdominal scar

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Accessories
orange backpack and a handgun

Clothing
ragged jeans

R/O

upload_2019-11-19_15-20-28.png

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Some additional information regarding the circumstances of Althea's disappearance.

Althea Lanelle Rogers, White F b. 8-12-50, Missing Person

Althea Lanelle Rogers at the time of her disappearance was 5’1” and weighed 100-105 lbs. Althea has blue eyes, sandy brown to blond hair and a large hysterectomy scar across her abdomen. Althea Rogers was last seen on 10-02-1985, by her daughter Debbie Schroen, but was not reported missing to the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office until 11-02-1985. Althea emptied her bank account of $150.00 on 10-02-1985. Her purse and identification were left at her house, along with a note stating, “Lanelle Rogers NO LONGER EXIST!” It is believed she left Williamson County walking North on IH-35.

UPDATE: Cold Case Unit continued to reach out to Ms. Rogers’ daughter and they are following up with other interviews out of state. To date, there is no evidence to indicate what may have happened.

A north Austin woman has been missing for more than 38 years. Since then, no one has seen or heard from Althea Lanelle Rogers, but the Williamson County Sheriff's Office continues to search for answers.

Little information about this woman who, in my opinion, may be a drug addict and a rootless free spirit doing whatever she wants...
If she carries a gun, maybe with someone she was with, she could have stolen it and threatened her, maybe killed her... Hopefully one day we will know what really happened to her...
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave