Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 2951DFMA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2951dfma.html

Susan M. DeQuina
Missing since October 3, 1979 from Lynn, Massachusetts
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 29, 1957
Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Auburn hair; hazel eyes.
Marks, Scars: Rose tattoo on her chest and the name Archie.
Dentals: Available
AKA: Susan Carroll

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Susan DeQuina was last seen on October 3, 1979, leaving her home in Lynn.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Lynn Police Department
781-595-2000

Source Information:
Family Member

I can't seem to find Susan located in Charley Project.

Not found to be listed in NamUs at this time.

No archived articles found. Scant information on internet.

Susan has been missing almost 31 years. Come home soon.

Attachments

• Susan M. DeQuina.jpg
    Susan M. DeQuina.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 67
Our member murraydwyer brought this to my attention. Thank you!

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/crime_files/bob-wards-column-the-susan-dequina-case-20110205

Updated: Saturday, 05 Feb 2011, 9:52 PM EST
Published : Saturday, 05 Feb 2011, 9:52 PM EST

Bob Ward's Column: The Susan DeQuina case

Small snippet:

Susan disappeared on a night when she called a babysitter to watch her kids so that she and her boyfriend could buy a refrigerator.

But there is so much more to Susan's case. Susan's boyfriend, Michele Gagnon, police say, was a member of the Hell's Angels motorcycle gang...

Much more at link.

Prayers for Susan's family.

Susan's family reached out to us and would like to re energize her case. They want her body, and I would love to have an update on what Captain O'toole might have found with his HRD search earlier in 2011.

It's time to give her body up, either by anonymous tip or by some kind of communication. Lynn police are looking for some help, and Susan's family deserves some closure.

Please contact Lynn Police at 781.477.4444. If you'd rather send a text, text the keyword TIPLYNN to 847411.

From the 02/05/2011 article Kat posted:

In the hours before Susan vanished, she asked a teenaged boy next door to babysit. She told him Michele was taking her to buy a refrigerator. The teen was surprised to find the apartment filled with people when he arrived.

They stayed for about an hour. They all left with Susan and Michele at the same time. The teen never saw them again.

As the night wore on, concerned about school the next day, the teen called his mother and she waited for Susan to come home. At 1 a.m. Michele returned without Susan.

The next day, Susan’s parents reported her missing.
bolding is mine

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news...d/new-england-unsolved-susan-dequina-20110205

I'd like to know who were the people at Susan's house, and if any of them besides Michele subsequently disappeared or were murdered. Has an effort been made to locate them? If they were associated with HA, they would not have given information to LE at the time. Almost 40 years later, there is a possibility they'd be more willing to cooperate.

ETA: I just found a different article that somewhat addresses my comment:

From the very beginning the investigation was complicated. Michele Gagnon used several aliases, even to his friends. And the insular world of Hell's Angels provided a very large stumbling block for any investigator looking into this case.

But Lynn Police Captain Mark O'Toole is not letting any of this stop him. After so many years, he understands finding a prosecutable suspect may be impossible. But what's not impossible is finding Susan DeQuina...
http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/crime_files/bob-wards-column-the-susan-dequina-case-20110205

More information from a Lynn Daily Item article 03/01/2011.

Susan had rented cars for the use of of her boyfriend, Michele Gagnon, and his HA associates. It is believed that Susan was killed because she threatened to report to LE that the gang was using the cars to move drugs. Some time after her disappearance (no date provided), her burned car was found on Fairmont Avenue.

The article goes on to describe the condition of Robert Garbino's body after his murder on November 4, 1974. He was decapitated and both hands were removed. Tattoos were sliced off of his arms. His torso was found in a lot on Fairmont Avenue. Police Captain Mark O'Toole believes Gagnon murdered Garbino.

A fourth murder victim might be indirectly related to the case. Fifteen year-old Paula Kallenback left a party on Western Aveune the night of November 16, 1974, to hithchike a ride home. The area where she was last seen is "not too far" from Garbino's residence at 126 Winnepurkit Ave. In 1980, Kallenback's body was found "in a wooded area of Swampscott Road in Salem, with her cause of death ruled to be blunt force trauma". The other article says Captain O'Toole believes this is a logical area to begin a search.

Michele Gagnon died on November 24, 1974, in Bridgeport, CT residence. A week earlier, just two days after Kallenback disappeared, he moved in with a woman who claims she met him in a bar and offered him a place to stay. According to the woman, she had just prepared a meal for him when he stood up and walked to the bedroom. Minutes later, she heard a gunshot. An autopsy showed he died of a gunshot wound to the head. In 1980, information surfaced which suggests he was murdered.

On his deathbed, Susan's father made her sister promise that she would not give up on the search for Susan.

http://itemlive.com/articles/2011/03/01/news/news05.txt

Two things are certain:
The DeQuina family has suffered terribly for 38 years from uncertainty, and being denied the truth and an opportunity to lay Susan to rest.

Someone out there has information that could bring Susan home and end her family's suffering.

“We’re hoping, now that 30 years have gone by, that someone is willing to talk about what happened,” said Lynn Police Captain Mark O’Toole. “People talk for many different reasons, some out of guilt, others to get back at someone... but someone knows the details.”
http://itemlive.com/articles/2011/03/01/news/news05.txt

If they made a movie about this case, they'd think it was overdone. It's unreal! No, I can't imagine being a family member and having to endure all these years!

I pray someone speaks up! After all these years, I'm sure someone was told SOMETHING!

I can't imagine the heartache of Susan's family, 38 years? WOW! Her poor children had to grow up without their mother. This is just awful. Sending prayers of strenth to the DeQuina family. <3

Edited to add: My Mom's second husband was a biker. Meanest man I ever knew. Beat her, beat me, nasty to everyone he ever came in contact with. Luckily it was a very short lived marriage, one she and I escaped in the middle of the night on a grey hound bus. I know that all bikers are not like that evil man, but I also know there are a lot just like him. I just hope it's weighing heavily on their consciences.....if they have one.

Her story seems eerily similar to Monica Bowie's:

Monica Bowie

Susan's disappearance definitely deserves some answers. The thing is, if Gagnon killed her the perp is dead, so what harm is there to bringing this woman home to her family? A simple anonymous tip....

stil not on namus

Seems to me MA is good about entering contemporary cases, but has frighteningly few cases listed from 1980s back. I'm not up to date with Namus, can civilians enter cases just by registering or do we need to do something else? If it's just registering, I volunteer to enter some of those old cases.

Seems to me MA is good about entering contemporary cases, but has frighteningly few cases listed from 1980s back. I'm not up to date with Namus, can civilians enter cases just by registering or do we need to do something else? If it's just registering, I volunteer to enter some of those old cases.

Apparently, civilians can register on namus to enter data on missing persons but not UIDs? (I hope that I understand that correctly). I have never done it but there are so many cases not on there I think I am going to try to do one as well.

If you go to the forum under Missing!!
then choose "Missing forum discussion"
then choose the sticky "Has your case been entered in namus?"
that is where people post tips on entering info on namus. It is also a place for people to post who is working on entering which case, so as to avoid duplication of efforts. :)

AARRRGGGHHH- I really want this one put to rest...I mean all cases should be put to rest, but it sounds like there is absolutely no reason why someone cant disclose her whereabouts. If we accept that Susan's BF likely had her killed or killed her....ready made perp.

Please someone do the right thing-send an anonymous tip and let this family bring Susan home. :(

I noticed Susans case is not in NamUs. I hope to see her case entered into NamUs soon.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13992
Status Missing
First name Susan
Middle name M
Last name DeQuina
Nickname/Alias Susan Carroll
Date last seen October 03, 1979 00:00
Date entered 02/25/2012
Age last seen 22 to years old
Age now 57 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Height (inches) 62.0 to 63.0
Weight (pounds) 150.0 to 120.0

Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Initial inquiry underway
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

Susan has been missing for 35 years today.

SDeQuina4.jpgSDeQuina3.jpgSDeQuina2.jpgSDeQuina1.jpgSDeQuina.jpg
photos: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2951dfma.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy