Fed Up, A Mexican Town Resorts To Mob Justice

myzzy

Just me!
Reaction score
Wow is all I can say. Not sure if I agree with what they did or if I can accept their actions as just. Its a shame that the kidnappers are getting younger and younger.

Unprecedented levels of violence in Mexico led residents of a small town in the northern state of Chihuahua to take justice into their own hands.

This week an angry mob of citizens pursued and allegedly killed two suspected kidnappers, storming a military base to get at the alleged culprits believed to have nabbed a teenage girl

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130079477

I agree, the police can't and or won't protect because they are part of the problem. I have no quams either, I do not blame them at all. The drug cartels are taking over, may as well be civil war, you have to protect yourself period.....

This is a community of 15,000 people and there are 3 kidnappings a week !

Good for them! This is exactly what needs to happen in Mexico, where the drug cartels and crooked authorities are taking over. The good people need to rise up and take their country back!

The girl was not "returned" unharmed....these people rescued her! RIGHT ON!

I say someone got to do something. Mexico is out control and has ben for awhile!

So glad the girl is safe.

They died after seven hours in a hot car? I dunno. Is that really "taking their country back from the cartels?" What prevents a violent reprisal from the cartels? Followed by more mob justice? And so on, and so on? A non-corrupt cadre of police and soldiers, prisons that criminals cannot leave at will, opportunities that make it plausible for prospective cartel members to avoid and/or leave after recruitment, better logistics training on the ground -- maybe some combination of these will work, finally, to calm things down. In a spiral of violence as severe as the one Mexico seems to be in, there's no guarantee that the righteously violent will triumph, IMO.

s

scapa - I think you have great suggestions. However, none of this is happening there, so I don't really blame them for finally taking care of business themselves. That isn't to say that I support any kind of mob violence or vigilantism, but I can certainly see why they are fed up with their children being stolen.

heck yeah

the law isn't protecting them so what else are they to do? I don't blame them one bit

I heard about this on talk radio. The way it was put was "in a civil war, anything goes. You have to protect yourself when there's no one to protect you."

Seems to me the comment was spot on. Civil war in our neighbor to the south? Yeah, when you look at it, it really does seem there is a war going on.

Scary to think this, but it seems to be happening.

Best-
Herding Cats

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304