1338 users online (353 members and 985 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

MI - Lloyd Johnson, 47, found dead in his Farmington Hills home, 22 Sept 2010

Caution: Some gruesome details in this local (Detroit) story.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/25129598/detail.html

FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. -- The wife of a prominent Farmington Hills attorney has been charged in connection with his death.

Laura Johnson was charged with second-degee murder, an alternative count of manslaughter and unauthorized practice of medicine in the death of LLoyd Johnson, 47.

Johnson was pronounced dead early Wednesday morning at Botsford Hospital.

From above link. Just getting the pertinent details into the thread.

Uh . . . whose were the "human remains" found in the freezer if the attorney died in the hospital? And what's up with:
    "I don't believe it was a stabbing. I believe it was something else. I am not exactly sure what was going on," said Dailey. (Bette's link)
    He was full of opiates and there were surgical instruments at the scene. Do you think she may have been operating on him?

This is way bizarre. Should be very interesting once the details start getting released.

Oh, wow! Expect to possibly see this one on the national news, (maybe).

From the above link:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/25129598/detail.html

Sources told Local 4 that Lloyd Johnson, who used to practice law with attorney Geoffrey Fieger for years, had started working from home when the couple moved in a year ago.

FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. — The wife of a dead lawyer was charged with murder Friday after police discovered suspected human tissue, scalpels and bloody bedding at their suburban Detroit home.

Laura Johnson, 46, was charged with second-degree murder, an alternative count of manslaughter and unauthorized practice of medicine in the death of attorney Lloyd Johnson.

"I can tell you she did practice herself," Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper told the Detroit Free Press. "I couldn't make this stuff up."

During her arraignment, Laura Johnson was ordered to remain in jail and a not guilty plea was entered. She sobbed and pleaded to be released to attend her husband's funeral, The Detroit News reported. A defense attorney was not present.

"I will help catch the real people who did this," Johnson told Judge Marla Parker.

"There was a tremendous amount of blood in the bathroom and kitchen of the home, and Lloyd needed four units of blood when he was at Botsford," Dailey said Thursday, referring to the name of the local hospital.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...buXJgD9IECHR80

In court today, Laura Johnson, 46, held her shackled wrists up to her chest and asked several times where her attorney was. She told the judge she was disabled, on Social Security and did not have a job.

"Your honor, my husband's funeral... I would really like to go," Laura Johnson said.

Assistant Oakland County Prosecutor Greg Townsend asked Parker to deny Laura Johnson bond, saying she emptied the couple's bank accounts out earlier in the week and had family in Florida.

Laura Johnson denied the accusation, saying one of Lloyd Johnson's sons from his previous marriage had control of the accounts. She told the judge her dog and husband both died in a span of 12 hours.

"You're not going to let me out?" Laura Johnson said to Parker. "No one has any evidence ... I haven't been charged."

Parker retorted: "You have been charged" and set the next court date for Wednesday.

Neighbors of the Johnsons, who lived in a two-story semi-brick colonial near Middle Belt and 10 Mile, said they did not know the couple well, but one neighbor said she did observe some "odd" behaviors.

"She would park on the lawn, sometimes parallel, sometimes perpendicular," the neighbor, who asked not to be identified, said of Laura Johnson. "I've seen her fall into the ditch (along the road) several times."

None of the neighbors said that Laura Johnson ever claimed to work in the medical field or practice medicine, as is alleged in the arrest warrant.

The neighbor said she often saw cuts and bandages on Laura's body, especially around the wrists and face.

"Sometime her face was really bad," she said.

Dailey also said Lloyd Johnson informed his wife over the weekend that he would seek a divorce. He had yet to file the papers, Dailey said Thursday.
    From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...#ixzz10Sx8qHPZ

Pretty gruesome details at the below link. What's interesting are the 'comments.'

JMHO
    fran

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-20100923-wpms

This woman has to be a complete nut. I don't usually buy the mental illness gig, but she has to off her rocker. This is one strange case.

Yeah, this woman is clearly not in touch with reality.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Well, according to the articles, the couple had lived there for about a year and there had been a number of times LE was called for domestic violence. It seems the hubby had told the wife he wanted a divorce and she was not happy about it.

fran

She was in touch with reality enough to remove all the money from their bank accounts and go try to pick her children up early from school.

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/...0156407922.txt

Wife denied bond in Farmington Hills murder case

Laura Lynn Johnson was arraigned in front of 47th District Court Judge Marla Parker on Friday morning. A pre-exam conference has been scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 29, also in front of Parker.

The charges stem from the death of Lloyd Johnson, an attorney who died Wednesday after falling ill Monday. The manner and cause of his death are still pending from the Oakland County Medical Examiner's Office.
    JMO

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    She was in touch with reality enough to remove all the money from their bank accounts and go try to pick her children up early from school.
    I'm sure there's some overlap between her world and the normal world...possibly enough overlap for her to be criminally responsible. I wouldn't want to be on the jury as far as that goes. But such bizarre behavior!
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    what the heck was going on?

she must be certifiable?

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast