1163 users online (223 members and 940 guests)  

Websleuths News

NJ - Siegfried Woelki, 30, Hackettstown, 4 Oct 1982

The Doe Network:
    Case File 1205DMNJ

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1205dmnj.html

Siegfried Woelki
    Missing since October 4, 1982 from Hackettstown, Warren County, New Jersey.
    Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
    •Age at Time of Disappearance: 30 years old
    •Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8" - 6'0"; 175 - 195 lbs.
    •Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; gray eyes. Wears glasses.
    •Marks, Scars, Tattoos: None listed
    •Nickname: Sig
    •Dentals: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Mr. Woelki was last see at a Krauser's food store in Hackettstown on October 4, 1982, at 17.50. He spoke with a friend employed there and stated that he had some business to attend to and would be back at his apartment in a few hours.

Between 20.00 and 21:00 he spoke to his father on the telephone. During the conversation, he mentioned he was calling from the North Jersey Packing House, located in Long Valley, where he was employed as a part-time butcher. He asked his father to meet him there at 18.00 the following evening to help him wrap some meet.

On October 5 at approximate 17.15, the owner of the business arrived and noticed Mr. Woelki's vehicle parked in the lot. The car was unlocked, and the driver's window was half way down. He noticed the glove compartment door was open, and he knew that was where Mr. Woelki kept the keys for the Packing House. He checked the building and found it locked securely with the burglar alarm set. Neither the vehicle keys or the Packing House keys were ever found.

The police were called and conducted an investigation which revealed no sign of a struggle in or around the vehicle or in the Packing House. An extensive search of both the business property and grounds, and Mr. Woelki's apartment did not reveal any solid evidence or clues to his whereabouts. The investigation continued and interviews were conducted in the weeks and months ahead.

Woelki lived with his girlfriend in an apartment in Towpath Apartments in Hackettstown. He used to be a wrestler in college.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Washington Township Police Department
    Detective Sergeant Pellegrino
    908-876-3232

Agency Case Number: 90124

NCIC Number: M-435366659
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    Washington Township Police Department

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...siegfried.html

Not found to be listed in NamUs at this time.

No archived articles available at this time.

Seigfried has been missing almost 28 years. Come home soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I live near all of the locations mentioned in the report which is why I started looking at this case. I wonder if this match has been suggested ?http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/136umnj.html

The height, weight are close and age is in range. One thing that stands out to me is the coat Refrig. wear I believe is a common brand for colder climate industrial applications( meat packing?).

Estimate date of death is off but cold water may have made that estimate more difficult.

PLease ignore my last post. I just reread the circumstances surrounding the UID and missed the part about the stock exchange page from Nov. 1985. I guess that would rule it out. It is not impossible but would be highly unlikely.

Sounds like a prearranged meeting of some kind that went very very wrong.

Just found this message on another forum, it appears to be from a sibling of Woelki's:

"My brother, Siegfried, disappeared under rather mysterious circumstances over 20 years ago. To date no one has discovered why...where... how come? Our parents are both still alive, and my brothers and I have decided a long time ago not to give them any bad news about Sig's disappearance due to their advanced age and frail health. If some good news were to come about through additional investigations and follow-up to the original case, I would be on the next plane to give my parents the news in person. I know that there are parties out there who know what happened and/or who was involved in Sig's disappearance but they won't tell. I just pray that after all this time anyone with any kind of lead or information contact the Washington Twp. Police Department. Please let us put our brother to rest."

-----
    and another description of what happened:

It has been nearly 22 years since anyone has seen or heard from Mr. Siegfried Woelki, a part time butcher who was employed at the North Jersey Packing House, formerly located on Bartley Road, Long Valley, New Jersey. This business was a slaughterhouse, which operated on a part time basis, and principally served local farmers. Mr. Woelki was a thirty one year old single white male, who lived alone at his apartment in Mansfield Village in Hackettstown.

Woelki was last seen at a Krauser's food store in Hackettstown on Monday, October 4, 1982, at about 5:30 in the evening. He spoke with a friend who was employed at Krauser's that evening and mentioned he "had some business to attend to" and "would be back at his apartment in a few hours".

Between 8:00 and 9:00 PM he spoke to his father on the telephone. During the conversation, he mentioned he was calling from the Packing House and asked his father if he could meet him there the following evening at 6:00 PM, to help him wrap some meat. His agreed to meet him the following evening. His father described his son's demeanor as normal

The following evening, the owner of the business, Brent Seugling, arrived at the Packing House around 5:15 PM, to do some paperwork. Upon his arrival, he noticed Siegfried Woelki' s vehicle parked in the parking lot. The car was unlocked, and the driver's window was half way down. Seugling noticed the glove compartment's door was open, and Seugling knew that was where Siegfried kept the keys to the Packing House. Neither the vehicle's keys nor the Packing House keys were ever found. Seugling checked the building and found it locked securely. The burglar alarm was set. A short time later, Siegfried's father arrived, as previously planned, as well as some concerned friends of Woelki.

The Washington Township Police were called at 8:00 PM. and arrived shortly. The investigation revealed no sign of a struggle in or around his vehicle, or in the Packing House. The Police conducted an extensive search of the Packing House property and grounds with negative results. Siegfried's apartment was searched, but the search did not reveal any solid evidence or clues of his whereabouts.

The investigation continued and interviews were conducted in the weeks and months that followed the initial report. Theories on this case range from "voluntarily missing" to "murdered'. None of the theories could be proved or disproved. Siegfried Woelki is still entered in the National Computer Information Center (NCIC) as a missing person and the case is currently being investigated.

Anyone with information should contact Detective Sergeant Michael Pellegrino of the Washington Township Police Department at 908-876-3232, or e-mail at mpellegrino@wtpdmorris.org. You may also contact the Morris County Prosecutor's Office at 973-285-6200 or the Morris County Sheriff's Office Crime Stoppers at (973) COP*CALL

Though this one says he was single, so no girlfriend? The poor family!

Siegfried is listed in NamUs now.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/27242
    Case Information
    Status Missing
    First name Siegfried
    Middle name
    Last name Woelki
    Nickname/Alias
    Date last seen October 04, 1982 00:00
    Date entered 12/31/2014
    Age last seen 31 to 31 years old
    Age now 64 years old
    Race White
    Ethnicity
    Sex Male
    Height (inches) 73.0
    Weight (pounds) 200.0
    Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
    DNA Status: Initial inquiry underway
    Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available