Tammi & Jack Smith Polygraphs

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
This thread is for discussion of Tammi and Jack's polygraph tests.

Here's some background info:

Jack Smith & Tammi Smith on Nancy Grace - January 8 - Part 1 of 10

CASAREZ: What did they say to you at the conclusion of your polygraph?

TAMMI SMITH: Well, they — I`m, like, Well, come on, let`s bring it out. The media`s out — the media was out there, oh, my gosh, for quite a while. We were hoping that we would get the results to be able to tell people today, but it won`t be today. They have to send it out because they have to actually analyze each question and answer and all that stuff to be able to give a determination of what — what it came out to be. So…

(Note from BeanE: This is not true. I looked up recently when poly results are available in relation to another case. The verbal results are available immediately.

Question: When will I get the results of the polygraph?

Answer: The examinee will get verbal results immediately after the test is over and I have scored the charts. You will know how you did before you leave. A written report, if required, will be mailed to you within a few days. If there is someone else not present who the examinee wants to give results, I will be happy to call and discuss the results with them after the test.

http://www.thepolygraphexaminer.com/polygraph_faq.htm)

Jack Smith & Tammi Smith on Nancy Grace - January 11 - Part 1 of 6

GRACE: Your polygraph was inconclusive. Jack Smith, why?

JACK SMITH: Well, they told us pretty much that that`s what would happen. We would either fail or we would -- that would happen because I guess they have to examine how the questions were asked and all that. But we did, however, get a call that a high-ranking official at the Tempe Police Department said to one of the reporters off to the side that it`s clear we have no idea where Gabriel is.

GRACE: What about it, Tammi?

TAMMI SMITH: Same thing. I pretty much have the same thing as his comment. But I was also told by the examiner that every time that he said the word "Gabriel," he could tell that we had an emotional response to it and that that could possibly cause it to come out inconclusive, and which it did.

Jack Smith & Tammi Smith on Nancy Grace - January 11 - Part 6 of 6

MCCOLLUM: Mr. And Mrs. Smith, please take a second polygraph. I find it very difficult to believe two of you in two separate tests were inconclusive.

GRACE: Hold on, everybody. We`re going to be right back. The Smiths are here, taking your calls.

(Note from BeanE: the Smiths did not return on the air in this show)

Jack Smith & Tammi Smith on Nancy Grace - January 13 - Part 1 of 3

GRACE: Tammi, are you and Jack considering taking another polygraph?

TAMMI SMITH: I have asked him. I`ve left messages. I left messages the very day that we got results. Immediately I left messages saying we want another polygraph. Because a friend of mine who`s a nurse practitioner said that if you`re stressed out, if you have any feelings toward whatever`s being asked about, or if you`re tired then that could cause it to be inconclusive. And we have all of those things. We -- literally the day that we took that test, the three days before that, we had about 15 hours sleep combined in three entire days.

Everything Jack Smith and Tammi Peters Smith ever said on Nancy Grace:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104250"]Jack & Tammi Smith on Nancy Grace - All Quotes - No Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I know IIRC..it was Mark Klaas that said a long time ago...take a polygraph IMMEDIATELY to show your innocence so LE can move on with their investigation. They need to eliminate everyone they can to find the real perp. I believe he was saying this in ref to this case. He was saying how that was the very first thing he asked to do when his daughter went missing (may she RIP) anyway...I DO NOT believe LE would just say "no thats ok we don't want you to take another poly"...Why would they say that? They want to know who is telling the truth and who isn't. Of course this is only my opinion:) Phrase of the day...Unusual persons!

I just posted on the Levi thread re: 2nd poly and I wonder where this came from. I would sure like to know.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5630509&postcount=7"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.09.22 - The Levi Page Show discusses Gabriel[/ame]

On the show at 2.45 segment he states that TPS and JS refused to take a 2nd poly graph.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2010/09/23/levi-page-show

I just posted on the Levi thread re: 2nd poly and I wonder where this came from. I would sure like to know.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.09.22 - The Levi Page Show discusses Gabriel

On the show at 2.45 segment he states that TPS and JS refused to take a 2nd poly graph.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2010/09/23/levi-page-show

Levi doesn't do his homework unfortunately. I wish he would brush up a little better on the facts of the cases he does shows on.

I felt there was something hinky with the LDT when they first discussed it. They don't "send out" the results. Especially in a case like this, LE knows the results right then and there. And then when they came back a few days later talking about all the people who told them it'd come out inconclusive . . . yeah, it's hinky. It didn't come out inconclusuve because of their emotions, it was because they were being dishonest.

I'd like to know the statistics, the chances, on a husband and wife *both* getting an inconclusive regarding the same case.

And I've never heard of people getting inconclusives because the examiner said a baby's name.

I'd like to know the statistics, the chances, on a husband and wife *both* getting an inconclusive regarding the same case.

And I've never heard of people getting inconclusives because the examiner said a baby's name.

I like that McCollum lady she's sharp. I wish she would take over NG's show.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back