SC SC - Annette Deanne Sagers, 11, Mount Holly, 4 Oct 1988

Mischa

Reaction score
Hi :)

I read about this case somewhere on the web. A girl disappeared from the street near her home (a bus-stop?) some months after her mother vanished. It is not know whether she was kidnapped and killed because she knew something about her mothers missing or whether the mother came back to take her with her. Does somebody know the girls name (and the name of the mother)?

Greetings

M.

It seems to be the case I'm referring to. But as far as I remember the source I read, had the focus more on the possiblity that she was killed because she knew what happend to her mother. (I don't remember reading something about a note which had been left, but i may have been mentioned)

Thank you very much .

Having the name now, I can do some more research :)))

Mischa, the case you're talking about I think is a PA case. The daughter disappeared and the mother was found murdered. There's a thread on here about it, postings be websleuths member Hollow, I just can't remember which thread it was.

poppypetals said:
Mischa, the case you're talking about I think is a PA case. The daughter disappeared and the mother was found murdered. There's a thread on here about it, postings be websleuths member Hollow, I just can't remember which thread it was.

Hi Poppy :)

Thanks for answering. What's a PA case? English is not my frist language, so there are some phrases I don't know.
In the database of charleyproject is nothing mentioned about the mother found murdered.

I neither had any idea the mother was found murdered. I always hoped the mother had come back somehow for her child.

Mischa said:
Hi Poppy :)

Thanks for answering. What's a PA case? English is not my frist language, so there are some phrases I don't know.
In the database of charleyproject is nothing mentioned about the mother found murdered.

A (PA) Pennsylvania case.

This little girl looks alot like the girl in the L A County poster.

Coming back to Anette Sager. This is what is on Charleyproject about her and her mother.

Annette Deanne Sagers

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
· Missing Since: October 4, 1988 from Mount Holly, South Carolina

· Classification: Non-Family Abduction

· Date Of Birth: March 16, 1977

· Height and Weight: 4'8, 95 pounds

· Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Sagers has small gaps between her upper front teeth. She had a slight speech impediment at the time of her 1988 disappearance.

· Clothing/Jewelry Description: Red pants, a red shirt and white shoes.

Details of Disappearance
Sagers was last seen at approximately 7:00 a.m. on October 4, 1988 in her hometown of Mount Holly, South Carolina. She was standing with her dog at the bus stop in front of the Mount Holly Plantation at the time. When the bus arrived twenty minutes later, Sagers was gone. She has never been seen again.

Sagers vanished from the same location as her mother, Korrina Lynne Sagers Malinoski, disappeared from nearly one year earlier, five days before Thanksgiving in November 1987. When she did not show up for work, her boss went looking for her and found her car parked at the entrance to Mount Holly Plantation. An extensive search turned up no sign of Malinoski and she is still missing. Photographs and vital statistics for her are unavailable. She was 26 years old at the time of her disappearance, and has relatives living in Iowa.

Authorities discovered a penciled note at the bus stop after Sagers was reported missing. The note was addressed to Sagers's father and said, "Dad, momma came back. Give the boys a hug." Handwriting experts determined that the note was written by Sagers. There has been no other sign of either Sagers or Malinoski since 1988. No one saw anyone pick Sagers up.

Authorities do not know if Malinoski did return for Sagers; the child could have written the note under duress. Some theorize that Sagers knew something about her mother's disappearance and was silenced, but there is no evidence to support any theory.

In 2000, an anonymous caller directed police to search for a body in Sumter County. Investigators took a cadaver-sniffing dog to the location, but found no sign of any remains.

Sagers's case is classified as a Non-Family Abduction due to the lack of evidence regarding her and her mother's fates.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Berkeley County Sheriff's Office
803-761-7190

OR
803-737-9000

Sounds almost as if the girl either had known all along where her mother was or had been contacted by her and the two decided to rejoin and start a new life without the father and siblings. I wonder why no photos of the mother can be found, not even a driver's license on file?

So Mum hasnt been found murdered? They just received a tip off that her body could be found somewhere? I hope its just a case of Mum leaving perhaps to be with someone else and getting herself established for herself and ger daughters new life.

But unpleasant as it is, if that was the case why couldnt they let people know where they were, its not unheard of!

Very strange...

but in the note she said mommy and dad come back so why would she write that if her mom took her?

and did anyone contact the girl on myspace?

Mischa said:
THank you you for helping me to become somewhat better in english language, inhadcabinfever :) (Besides: What's "cabinfever"? I always wondered since Iread your nick frist.)
Hi Mischa. I am not sure how ihadcabinfever picked her name, but WE HAVE cabin fever in our house right now!!!:banghead: :croc: :eek:

We have had ice and sleet for several days, and now up to 10 inches of snow is falling to end today. The kids and I are going nuts being stuck in the house for so long and are driving each other nuts! That is what cabin fever is. :)

smile22 said:
but in the note she said mommy and dad come back so why would she write that if her mom took her?
The note said:

Dad, momma came back. Give the boys a hug.

Placed in context it could sound like a farewell message, but it's difficult to asssess the meaning without knowing more about the family. However we do know that the mother was only 14 or 15 when Anette was born and at 26 she already had a brood you 'd usually expect to see with a woman in her late 30's or 40's. Given these facts I'd say there are good chances the mother fled a situation she couldn't cope with anymore and later came back to get her daughter.

missacorah said:
But unpleasant as it is, if that was the case why couldnt they let people know where they were, its not unheard of!
Not wanting to be found is also not unheard of :)

smile22 said:
The note said:

Dad, momma came back. Give the boys a hug.

Placed in context it could sound like a farewell message, but it's difficult to asssess the meaning without knowing more about the family. However we do know that the mother was only 14 or 15 when Anette was born and at 26 she already had a brood you 'd usually expect to see with a woman in her late 30's or 40's. Given these facts I'd say there are good chances the mother fled a situation she couldn't cope with anymore and later came back to get her daughter.

laini said:
Hi Mischa. I am not sure how ihadcabinfever picked her name, but WE HAVE cabin fever in our house right now!!!:banghead: :croc: :eek:

We have had ice and sleet for several days, and now up to 10 inches of snow is falling to end today. The kids and I are going nuts being stuck in the house for so long and are driving each other nuts! That is what cabin fever is. :)
LOL I missed this!!! One day I was sitting in the house with one sick child after the other and realized the only place I had been in the month was the Pediatrician 3 x!!!!!
It origonated on Court Tv but I was Ihavecabinfever, hence I was banned. They asked what Trial you would like to see and I said Samantha Runnions Killer and then I started going on about what should be done with him and i got banned. Then I just switched it to ihadcabinfever. I would have changed it but I didn't know if I could once I registered. So there it is......

poppypetals said:
I think the case you're thinking about is Susan, Karen and Michael Reinert. Susan's body was found but Karen and Michael never were.

Karen -
[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1488dfpa.html

Michael -
[/size][/font][font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3259dmpa.html[/font][font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]

[/size][/font]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back