Why was CS upset about RC's sentence?

Lanie

Reaction score
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=168541&catid=3

Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, and other family members were in the courthouse parking lot after the sentence, crying. They said they were deeply disappointed at the sentence.
"I don't want my son to grow up without his father," Sheffield said as she wept.

BBM

This doesn't sound like someone who is upset because they feel the sentence is too short...

IMO, Misty is involved, and her 'cracking' is going to get her into much more trouble than she is in already, so no, I don't think it's going to happen.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=168541&catid=3

Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, and other family members were in the courthouse parking lot after the sentence, crying. They said they were deeply disappointed at the sentence.
"I don't want my son to grow up without his father," Sheffield said as she wept.

BBM

This doesn't sound like someone who is upset because they feel the sentence is too short...

IMO, Misty is involved, and her 'cracking' is going to get her into much more trouble than she is in already, so no, I don't think it's going to happen.

Yes I saw that yesterday, I'm like what the hell is she thinking, he never had a father... but I just wonder if she really believes Ron is not involved.

IMO...crying is not the logical response to a sentencingthat should have been more harsh..

IMO..anger/frustration..would be the most likely response...anger of the court/judge didn't give Ron NEAR enough time..

IMO..for her crying..perhaps Crystal still has feelings for Ron..and he is Junior's father...and Ron being in prison for years might have caused her to cry...in spite of how he has treated her..

Perhaps it was an emotional day for her...so go figure..

Its hard to figure out these folks...

all in my own opinion..

I feel that crystal just wishes things were diffrent that things would be a diffrent. I know that feeling but not as she does.

IMHO.. Crystal has simply chosen to forget whats too painful to remember..
Hopefully, someday she will break her denial and quit believing those who have with cruel and inhumane intent caused her the most pain....JMHO

But remember TN was also crying (shown in the gallery pictures).

I imagine Butterbean pines for his dad, and Haleigh. This is difficult on many levels. Perhaps she was crying for Jr.... mo. :(

Ron & Crystal were very young when they were together, they were with each other for a long time, & had 2 beautiful kids together. They have a long history & now, they've had to share in Haleigh missing. So, even though we've only heard mostly bad stuff about them & their relationship, you know there were good things & good times, or they would've broken up sooner. So, I guess she has forgiven him for a lot, (& that really is the best way to live your life), & chooses to look at Ron's good qualities. & Crystal's not perfect herself, so how can she hold the drugs or dealing against him? & I'm guessing that she is convinced that Ron wasn't directly involved with Haleigh missing. I just hope her anger isn't misplaced. Those kids were failed in so many ways, by so many people, that hating Misty & the Croslins isn't the answer. Even if Misty herself, killed Haleigh, she's not the only one to blame.

Jr. loved his daddy, and that is probably what she is thinking about. She might have also been touched by Ron's mother and grandmother's sadness... IIRC, she and Teresa were pretty close at one time. I think deep down, she and Ron still have some feelings for each other, too. That's JMO. There will always be a bond between two people who have had children together, but I think it's stronger on the woman's side than on the man's. Crystal is still pretty young. She hasn't learned to be cold and callous yet, that comes with age. If I were in her position I would be high-fiving everybody... but that's just me.

Crystal? What about Haleigh? You are shedding tears for a man who just made a deal over the dead body of your daughter? A man who, along with his mommy, has accused you for the disappearance of Haleigh. And, you are crying for him? Really?

Haleigh truly has no one but strangers that care about her....it will be through divine intervention if she's ever found. How profoundly sad.

Crystal? What about Haleigh? You are shedding tears for a man who just made a deal over the dead body of your daughter? A man who, along with his mommy, has accused you for the disappearance of Haleigh. And, you are crying for him? Really?

Haleigh truly has no one but strangers that care about her....it will be through divine intervention if she's ever found. How profoundly sad.
I agree with you, but I can see the other side as well. I'm not sure how she feels, because I have read both. My daughter's ex bf beat the crud out of her, & I'm still really mad, (9 months later), but at the same time, I miss that punk & not a day goes by, that I don't worry about him. It's weird, but I still think of him as hers. I know that's not healthy, & have sworn to myself to never get close to another one of her bfs. Maybe because this guy comes from such a horrible background & is so needy, but I opened up our home, & he was her 1st real love. But the guy she's with now, I couldn't care less about, so I'm getting there. She dated a good looking football coach for awhile, & I thought, great, a normal professional guy, but he turned out psycho too. So, it doesn't matter what they look like, or what walk of life they step out of, guys are just guys & there are gonna be problems. But, I imagine Marie has mixed feelings too, because there comes a point when your daughter's bf stops being just a bf & becomes family, & emotionally, you can't turn your back on him, anymore than you could your own. & I know I'm not alone on this, because I know a lady who would still tear up, a year after her daughter's break up. She was hurting for her daughter, but also, because part of her 'family' was gone. So, for better or worse, Ron's their family.

I am just glad that Crystal has Jr. now. As far as, her crying and being upset about the sentence, just maybe she was crying because Jr. will grow up without his father, criminal or not.

Just an example: My son's father was incarcerated when my son was only 3 months old. I had been through so much with him....drugs, fights, the drug dealing....just your average . He was incarcerated for stabbing a guy who had allegedly stolen some of his drugs. there is no doubt that he cared more about his drugs and criminal activity than he did his first and only son....When he was sentenced, I cried too....but only because I was surrounded by his family and I thought that it was my fault for picking such a lovely guy to father my child. It was like putting on an act because in the back of my mind I was thinking "the hell with him, he got what he deserved". I was sad and full of tears around his family but when I got away from them I was happy and content....jus sayin'

jr. has to grow up without his sister too and that's daddy's fault, no matter which way you slice it

jr. has to grow up without his sister too and that's daddy's fault, no matter which way you slice it

Exactly! I'm purely sick of all the tears shed for poor, poor Ronald. What about Haleigh??

Jr. loved his daddy, and that is probably what she is thinking about. She might have also been touched by Ron's mother and grandmother's sadness... IIRC, she and Teresa were pretty close at one time. I think deep down, she and Ron still have some feelings for each other, too. That's JMO. There will always be a bond between two people who have had children together, but I think it's stronger on the woman's side than on the man's. Crystal is still pretty young. She hasn't learned to be cold and callous yet, that comes with age. If I were in her position I would be high-fiving everybody... but that's just me.

I think Crystal may have many regrets.

I don't think the mud slinging she was doing when the case first unfolded was all filled with truths but also some untruths she said about Ron. Now that things have settled down some I am sure she regrets some of that behavior.

I think she knows that despite all of Ron's weaknesses and shortcomings he loved his children and they loved him. She can relate to Ron's circumstances for she too has had weaknesses that have caused her regrets concerning her children. She knows this is going to be extremely hard on Jr.

I watch 'Cops" occasionally and it really brings it home to me when I see a mom or a dad being arrested and their little children are crying hysterically trying to hold on to their parents. There is no doubt in my mind that those children love these very imperfect parents.

I don't believe Crystal ever thought Ron had one thing to do with Haleigh's disappearance. She said Haleigh is Ron's heart. (paraphrasing)

Now it seems through tragedy it has brought both sides of Haleigh's family together again. They were seen at Ron's plea hearing embracing each other.

And really in the end that is the best thing that could happen to Jr. He needs love from both sides and to know he has both families that care about him.

IMO

Is Crystal still engaged to marry Chad? Their daughter was born April 15, 2008 so she is nearly 2 1/2 years old. Ron can write his son and maintain a relationship with him but if Jr witnessed Ronald abusing his sister and ex-partners, and he was abused by his father which Crystal alleges he was, Jr needs to be protected from Ron IMO. TM said Ron threatened to blow his head off in front of Junior and Crystal said Ron did the same to her and HaLeigh. I really don't think Jr should maintain a relationship with Ron and I hope Crystal seeks advice from Junior's counsellor about this and follows her advice. Arguing and causing a disturbance in front of children is a crime.

I hope Chad accepted Junior as his own because if he has, Junior's need for a father figure and positive role model should be filled by Chad. I have seen relationships where children from previous relationships are not accepted by the stepmom or stepfather and I pray this is not the case with Chad and Junior. I suppose Crystal has alot of issues to work out but now that she has started a new life with Chad, I don't see why she or Junior need Ron.

I am interested to know if Ron is responsible for paying Crystal child support for Jr while he is incarcerated? Ron collected $12000 from Crystal and now it looks like he may be off the hook for Junior's support.

Ron & Crystal were very young when they were together, they were with each other for a long time, & had 2 beautiful kids together. They have a long history & now, they've had to share in Haleigh missing. So, even though we've only heard mostly bad stuff about them & their relationship, you know there were good things & good times, or they would've broken up sooner. So, I guess she has forgiven him for a lot, (& that really is the best way to live your life), & chooses to look at Ron's good qualities. & Crystal's not perfect herself, so how can she hold the drugs or dealing against him? & I'm guessing that she is convinced that Ron wasn't directly involved with Haleigh missing. I just hope her anger isn't misplaced. Those kids were failed in so many ways, by so many people, that hating Misty & the Croslins isn't the answer. Even if Misty herself, killed Haleigh, she's not the only one to blame.

Thanks isn't enough for your beautiful sentiments. I believe you are correct about how Crystal was feeling. Being with someone and having children with them is something that will always be meaningful. I think she has forgiven him and as you said "that really is the best way to live your life.)

If you live with hatred in your heart your life will not be a beautiful and forfilling. Let it go, whatever it is, let it go. Go with peace and go with God.

As I see it...
“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

Forgiveness breaks bondage.... but that doesn't mean you still have to trust the other person or want them in your or your child's life...JMHO

Ron's made a mess and left Crystal to clean it up, again. Seems to me this last bit of emotional tie breaking will be where she finds her strength to make her children much much better in their future. Good luck, Crystal et bebes. Remember, if you jump higher than the waves, you don't get knocked under.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back