1024 users online (181 members and 843 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CA - Man who pimped handicapped girlfriend arrested

This case breaks my heart. This is my daughter's story. The only difference is that our girl has the mental capacity of a seven year old and has been trafficked up to 20 times each day for almost three years. She's never once been questioned in a safe place separate from her traffickers, however. I think that tactic should be required protocol. I dream about getting a call like this.

http://www.mercurynews.com/san-mateo...me/ci_16159140

Police: Man who pimped handicapped girlfriend arrested

"Nicholas Geranios, 27, walked into a San Francisco police station Tuesday night and surrendered, South San Francisco police Sgt. Joni Lee said. He is being held without bail in a San Francisco jail and will be sent to San Mateo County in the coming days.

Police said Geranios, who has Redwood City and South San Francisco addresses, started posting Internet ads about a month ago offering the woman for sex in exchange for cash. She has a disorder that has left her with the mental age of a person about 12 years old. After each encounter -- police believe there were at least six -- the money went to Geranios, Lee said...."

and

"... Initially, she told officers nothing had happened, but once they talked to her away from the suspect, she told them everything....."

more at link (including proof of some anger management issues)

An earlier article, before Geranios turned himself in:

http://www.mercurynews.com/san-mateo...me/ci_16137436

"The woman is clearly disabled," [Police Lt.] Normandy said. "It's appalling."

I'd like to address this statement. No argument from me on the fact that the case is appalling. It most certainly is. However, I want to point out that this woman functioned at a 12 year old level. Unless she has some obvious physical disabilities, I seriously doubt that the johns (we can't forget that men paid for sex with this victim) noticed this fact. If she would have drooled, been incontinent, displayed a tremor, or suffers from a serious speech deficit, they might have noticed. Whether that would have stopped them is anyone's guess.

My guess is that LE immediately recognized the woman's cognitive deficits and found the actions of the man appalling. No doubt the mother provided some proof of her daughter's diagnosis or functioning level. Most johns are looking for an attractive and willing body--that's it. They could really care less what your IQ is.

Make no mistake, a cognitive disability is often FAR more disabling than a physical one. In reality, this man literally pimped a 12 year old. And bless this young woman as she'll always be 12 and require the protection of society. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    Most johns are looking for an attractive and willing body--that's it.
    Some don't even require attractive or willing even, Izzy.

Sweet Lord. Poor poor girl. She's a girl effectively.

Izzy I always have you and yours in my prayers. This just kills me.

You know Filly, I have the hardest time with that distinction. I want to honor my children's maturity and adulthood. I really do. But when someone has the mental capacity of a very young one we can be both respectful and protective, IMO.

I do consider this young woman a child...a girl. She will always be innocent, in my eyes, as her innocence was stolen not given willingly. Little girls are entitled to protection. I am so thankful that she has her mother.

This is one of those cases that makes me think the death penalty has merit.

The crime went undetected until the victim's mother heard Geranios had bragged about beating and pimping the woman, Lee said. The mother called police, who brought in the victim and Geranios for questioning. Initially, she told officers nothing had happened, but once they talked to her away from the suspect, she told them everything, Lee said.
    You go, Momma!

Missizzy, I always think of you and your daughter when I read about something like this, and then I close my eyes and say a prayer.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Missizzy, hugs and prayers for you and yours. I hope the next time officers question your daughter, they will be kind enough to do so in private, so that she can tell them the truth of her situation!

I don't want to get O/T but we actually have a lead this week--the first in over two years. A man currently held in a local jail has recently seen our daughter. We're working on it. I appreciate the prayers. I truly believe that we'll find her.

As much as this story hurts me, it gives me hope that LE will take the time to listen to young women's plight. I was very happy to hear that our local LE has been recently been trained in trafficking issues. The officers who I spoke to actually seemed far more knowledgeable than two years ago.

Sometimes when I'm falling asleep at night, I envision groups of parents descending on the motels which harbor the trafficking. How I'd love to talk to a customer who was planning on paying to abuse my child's body. Does he have a daughter, a niece, a sister? Does he really need sex so badly that he would disregard a young woman's true ability to make an informed choice?

I realize that none of this is as easy as it sounds. These girls and young women are tremendously traumatized. Many have been robbed of their formative years. They don't know how to think for themselves. I'm not naive enough to think that my daughter will run into my arms asking for help. I know that's not going to happen. The traffickers/pimps have done a real number on her. My guess is that she's been led to think that they are the only ones she can trust. We would need lots of professional help and that help seems to be growing by the day. I'm trying so hard to be patient.